• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
The fact that the Donkey Kong series dwarfs the Kirby series sales-wise, always has for decades now, and the fact that the name "Donkey Kong" is part and parcel with Nintendo's arguably most iconic game of all-time, one that may never be topped. Again, Donkey Kong appearing in tennis and golf games with Mario doesn't invalidate the complete uniqueness of his franchise as a separate entity from Mario. Also, great job actually pulling up a poll, but that's looking at who's popular within the game of Smash (Brawl, it seems), not who should have objectively been portrayed as one of Nintendo's most iconic four characters back during the original SSB's 1999 development.

Some guy said that none of this actually matters on the last page, and I agree, I'm just trying to give some perspective as to how fortunate the Kirby series is that its creator is Smash's director, and how this grants it some additional perks in terms of content that it otherwise might not enjoy.
In fairness, a lot of Smash is derived from the Kirby series. Brawl's menu, achievments and stage/character select are all from Air Ride. Melee's too, to a lesser extent.
(Also, the whole "platform fighting based on combinations of moves through single-button-and-directional-input," all of SSE, the guard bubble and a few other things, but that's besides the point.)

I'm just trying to give some perspective as to how fortunate the Smash series is that its creator is Kirby's (former) director.

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
I know that we've been talking about DK vs. Kirby for a while, but...

I really hope Dedede gets confirmed tomorrow. He seems like the ideal character to bask in the glory of in a hi-def game based around primary colors. His color scheme was a little bland in Brawl, but this game is just too vibrant.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
In fairness, a lot of Smash is derived from the Kirby series. Brawl's menu, achievments and stage/character select are all from Air Ride. Melee's too, to a lesser extent.
(Also, the whole "platform fighting based on combinations of moves through single-button-and-directional-input," all of SSE, the guard bubble and a few other things, but that's besides the point.)

I'm just trying to give some perspective as to how fortunate the Smash series is that its creator is Kirby's (former) director.
I agree in terms of the mechanics of the game, though I do have to say, some of the more common complaints I see about the SSE in Brawl are that it's "a watered-down Kirby Super Star" and "It's the Kirby, Meta Knight and Dedede Show, featuring the other 36 characters."

Hammer B

Smash Journeyman
My prediction for the Triple Deluxe-related pic (wheter it is shown tonight or the next week) is a photo strip (like the one which featured Villager planting, watering and axing the tree) which show us how Kirby looks like after inhaling Megaman, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer and Rosalina.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
I agree in terms of the mechanics of the game, though I do have to say, some of the more common complaints I see about the SSE in Brawl are that it's "a watered-down Kirby Super Star" and "It's the Kirby, Meta Knight and Dedede Show, featuring the other 36 characters."
Yes. It did have some aspects of a slow Kirby game, though, in a contest of Kirby games, it still ranks higher for me than RTDL's main story.
It was more like a "more violent Kirby's Dreamland 3." (Btw, several SSE mechanics are from that game, most notably Player 2 turning into a comet and shooting to P1 on-command or when he strays too far away.)
I wish it could have been a watered down SSU, that would still be mind-bendingly awesome.
As-is, I enjoyed SSE, even if it was essentially Kirby, Lucas and Those Other People.

My prediction for the Triple Deluxe-related pic (wheter it is shown tonight or the next week) is a photo strip (like the one which featured Villager planting, watering and axing the tree) which show us how Kirby looks like after inhaling Megaman, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer and Rosalina.
If we don't get Dedede, I would be very content with this.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Hopefully we get DDD today. On an unrelated note, I just wanted to mention the dearth of Pokemon in Smash 4. When do you think we'll get more Pokemon related Smash info?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Hopefully we get DDD today. On an unrelated note, I just wanted to mention the dearth of Pokemon in Smash 4. When do you think we'll get more Pokemon related Smash info?
Considering that Game Freak is pulling all the strings with the Pokemon, very little, if any.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I really want Meta Knight's boss theme from Super Star in the game. I don't get how it wasn't in Brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom