• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

It is a Wresting Ring. There was never any sufficient proof that alluded to the stage pertaining to Little Mac or boxing. Fabricated evidence, of course.
Hypocrite.
You make a fabricated claim about it being a wrestling ring when....
WRESTLING RINGS HAVE ONLY 3 ROPES. BOXING RINGS HAVE 4.

Ergo, it's a Boxing Ring. With a nod to a wrestling ring by being able to leap off the ropes.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
It is a Wresting Ring. There was never any sufficient proof that alluded to the stage pertaining to Little Mac or boxing. Fabricated evidence, of course.
Uh uh gurl, Yuiitusin told you :awesome:.
lol jk you mah gurl girl :troll:

Besides the number of ropes, there is actually tons of evidence that points to Punch Out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (that's the sequel)

Morbi

Scavenger
Hypocrite.
You make a fabricated claim about it being a wrestling ring when....
WRESTLING RINGS HAVE ONLY 3 ROPES. BOXING RINGS HAVE 4.

Ergo, it's a Boxing Ring. With a nod to a wrestling ring by being able to leap off the ropes.
Sakurai stated that it is a wresting ring, it is irrelevant that he isn't competent enough to make a legitimate wresting ring. That wasn't the point, I know nothing about boxing; however, nothing in the stage pertains to Little Mac. The notion that Mac is shoe-in based on his home stage was never feasible as no one could thoroughly prove that the stage was from Punch-Out.

So, sorry about the misconception. I am interested though, how does this make me a hypocrite? Are you alluding to my erroneous claim? That doesn't necessarily make me a hypocrite...

D

Deleted member

Sakurai stated that it is a wresting ring, it is irrelevant that he isn't competent enough to make a legitimate wresting ring. That wasn't the point, I know nothing about boxing; however, nothing in the stage pertains to Little Mac. The notion that Mac is shoe-in based on his home stage was never feasible as no one could thoroughly prove that the stage was from Punch-Out.

So, sorry about the misconception. I am interested though, how does this make me a hypocrite? Are you alluding to my erroneous claim? That doesn't necessarily make me a hypocrite...
Sakurai never said it was a wrestling ring.

You're just digging the hole deeper.....

Morbi

Scavenger
Sakurai never said it was a wrestling ring.

You're just digging the hole deeper.....
I was just reading Smashboard's comments. I see what I did wrong, they were merely asserting that Sakurai was insinuating that it was a wresting ring (as opposed to literally stating such). So please forgive me.

This still doesn't explain why you called me a hypocrite, homie.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Could you link me to where Sakurai officially states it's a wrestling ring (I legitimately want to know).

Also, here is some info on why it would be a Punch Out!! stage:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/66465585

I don't think that's all of the comparisons though, just found a quick/nice comparison.

Morbi

Scavenger

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well looks like that stage isn't Final Destination with Walk Off sides.

I wonder what FD will look like in this game...

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Well looks like that stage isn't Final Destination with Walk Off sides.

I wonder what FD will look like in this game...
Flat :troll:

Real Talk: I'm expecting a really nice visual change. It could even have a new theme entirely to it (like roaming over grassy fields and across the ocean with day/night or weather shifts)

D

Deleted member

Misinformation is equivalent to fabricating something? Nice, I didn't get that memo. Thank you for spelling it out though.
"Misinformation"?
-You claimed something as fact
-Had no substantial proof to back up your claim
-Fabricated evidence for the claim

While accusing others of doing the same.
That's hypocrisy.

I dare you to say otherwise.

Morbi

Scavenger
"Misinformation"?
-You claimed something as fact
-Had no substantial proof to back up your claim
-Fabricated evidence for the claim

While accusing others of doing the same.
That's hypocrisy.

I dare you to say otherwise.
Yes, it was hypocritical. Although I stand by my original statement, not the pretentious portion, but the "evidence" that the stage pertains to Little Mac is certainly circumstantial. However, the main difference is intent. I was never intending to deceive anyone (rather I was working on limited knowledge and made an erroneous claim), thus I do not necessarily think that anything was fabricated (by definition).

That was what I was getting at. Not that it wasn't douchey of me.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
Could you link me to where Sakurai officially states it's a wrestling ring (I legitimately want to know).

Also, here is some info on why it would be a Punch Out!! stage:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/66465585

I don't think that's all of the comparisons though, just found a quick/nice comparison.
Thank you for the link. There were quite good points made on the comparison with the Punch Out!! series. I was highly expecting it to be a Punch Out!! stage from the beginning but after reading this comparison, I'm pretty sure now. Wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai were to reveal Little Mac at E3 this year. I don't expect Little Mac to be revealed in a Nintendo Direct not related to E3.

It's a punch out stage, man. Some things are just plain and obvious.

Then again this is the "next gen" part of smashboards, where instead of discussing how they could improve themselves in smash they argue the literal meaning of words, bash competitive play and commonly argue "I'm mad, and here is why you should be too".

This place sucks.

Espio264

Smash Ace
RIDLEY IS DEAD! RIDLEY IS DEAD!

It's freakin' bouncy ropes! Those of us with half an imagination knew this was how they'd probably work all this time anyway. Sakurai just made another "interesting" picture that told us nothing we didn't already know.

Get over yourselves.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Sakurai, I am disappointed. How can you NOT allow the ropes to bounce characters off horizontally? That was their primarily function in rings!

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Sakurai, I am disappointed. How can you NOT allow the ropes to bounce characters off horizontally? That was their primarily function in rings!
The caption just says you can't grab them, not that you van't run into them.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
First of all, that's an interesting mechanic the Boxing Ring has. Now, on to Zelda...

Check these three pictures:

The pose seems slightly different and mirrored, but I should note that, this time, some characters have mirrored animations depending on the direction they face. Sakurai has shown this in the Developer Direct with Mario and Mega Man. Indeed, Zelda is facing the opposite direction in today's picture compared to the two other pictures.

In other words, the Phantom's role remains ambiguous, meaning Zelda having a new move or not is still unknown.

First of all, that's an interesting mechanic the Boxing Ring has. Now, on to Zelda...

The pose seems slightly different and mirrored, but I should note that, this time, some characters have mirrored animations depending on the direction they face. Sakurai has shown this in the Developer Direct with Mario and Mega Man. Indeed, Zelda is facing the opposite direction in today's picture compared to the two other pictures.

In other words, the Phantom's role remains ambiguous, meaning Zelda having a new move or not is still unknown.
That's just Zelda's taunt in Brawl on the bottom. That thing is an assist trophy. What the pose is I don't know.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

In other words.

Phantom could very well not even be a new move at all

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I guess when you have to take pictures of a game for a year you're bound to get something boring. Boring but new. That's what this pic is. Poor Ridley RIP sweet prince. May you never experience the joys of bouncing on ropes in a boxing ring.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Two Zelda pics in a row, eh? Sakurai doesn't often do the same character multiple times in a row unless he's planning to showcase another fairly soon. Is anyone else ready for the D this Friday? I'm ready for the D.
Ready for three D's. :shades: And the inevitable Ganondorf.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
What do you mean? it says so right here

(I know its a joke)

Nice try this is the real sakurai quote

The ropes surrounding the ring. You can actually use the stretchiness of the ropes to do a spring jump. However, you can't pull on them to launch yourself sideways in a lariat attack though.

D

Deleted member

*Imagines Rosalina putting Zero Suit Samus in a bearhug position*

oh lord.

EDIT: Before people turn that into Power Suit Samus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom