• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I reallly dont see anything wrong with th e pic :(
Zelda's leg is sticking out of the dress as if it was nothing. This kind of animation error (where two physical objects pass through each other when it's not meant to be that way) is called clipping.

Look on the lower part of the picture, just below the move's graphic effect.

J1NG

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, you'll have to excuse me for not reading through every post on this forum, therefore I have no idea if this has been speculated to death or not, but I just noticed something that I would like a second opinion on. The gist of it is that Pit has something that looks like Captain Falcon's Raptor Boost:

In the first image, Pit is in a dashing pose. In the second image, he's performing an uppercut.
Look at Captain Falcon's side B

This could mean:
a. Pit and Falcon will share the move
b. Pit gets the move and Falcon gets something else
c. The attack shown by Pit is not actually a dashing uppercut
d. The attack is a dashing uppercut, but it functions differently than Raptor Boost
e. Pit possesses the move because Captain Falcon is no longer in the game, leaving his moves up for adoption
f. Something else
I've looked around, and I don't see any discussion about this.

josh bones

Smash Lord
Hmm, you'll have to excuse me for not reading through every post on this forum, therefore I have no idea if this has been speculated to death or not, but I just noticed something that I would like a second opinion on. The gist of it is that Pit has something that looks like Captain Falcon's Raptor Boost:

In the first image, Pit is in a dashing pose. In the second image, he's performing an uppercut.

This could mean:
d. The attack is a dashing uppercut, but it functions differently than Raptor Boost
e. Pit possesses the move because Captain Falcon is no longer in the game, leaving his moves up for adoption
f. Something else
Upperdash arm, KIU.
Your welcome

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]

This could mean:
f. Something else
A&D or B.

That's the upperdash arm, its a weapon from KI:U it functions just like the raptor boost except that It won't leave you helpless and you can't make pit flinch. Making it a strong move to spam, though you can just shield than grab to counter it lol.

I knew I have just posted something shorter, I wouldn't have gotten ninja'd.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Well it helps to know what it's called, but that's not what I was asking about. Does anyone have an opinion about what it means for Captain Falcon?
I Just told you D: this doesn't mean anything for captain falcon either way, he won't be cut. If anything they'll share a similar move that will make people complain or he'll get a new side-B.

I should have just said I just told you. Ninja'd again. >_>

J1NG

Smash Journeyman
He's confirmed via interview.
I remember the interview, Sakurai talked about how the Falcon Punch was difficult to land in a 1v1 scenario. Understand that this doesn't confirm the character. This could actually be more evidence that Falcon is either getting new moves or is deconfirmed altogether.
I Just told you D: this doesn't mean anything for captain falcon either way, he won't be cut. If anything they'll share a similar move that will make people complain or he'll get a new side-B.

I should have just said I just told you. Ninja'd again. >_>
Sorry, I was confused when you put A&D or B, not realizing that you were referring to the list I made. But is there any more evidence to support this stance? I have no idea since I've just been noticing all of this side-b business and will likely need more time.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
what it means for Captain Falcon?
Just as a heads up for the future, Ice climbers and Captain falcon were mentioned in prior interviews, Ice climbers were thought to be deconfirmed until rosalina trailer so they're likely back. And captain falcon's falcon punch was described when sakurai was discussing balancing 1v1 vs FFA in smash

edit:well, i guess you know already. owell. Why would sakurai give captain falcon new moves when he's had the same unique (besides ganondorf's cloning) moveset for 3 games in a row now? At least the other fighters have had more recent games where they could be fighting differently, falcon and ness are the only ones of the original 12 who's moveset would make sense not to change.

And also, pit is described as having some sort of armor for his upperdash arm attack, unlike raptor boost. In this case it's like comparing pikachu's skull bash to luigi's missile, similarity wise

Last edited:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I remember the interview, Sakurai talked about how the Falcon Punch was difficult to land in a 1v1 scenario. Understand that this doesn't confirm the character. This could actually be more evidence that Falcon is either getting new moves or is deconfirmed altogether.

Sorry, I was confused when you put A&D or B, not realizing that you were referring to the list I made. But is there any more evidence to support this stance? I have no idea since I've just been noticing all of this side-b business and will likely need more time.
There's a pic of the day that shows pit not flinching at pikachu's special, this confirms the arm working just like in uprising. (I play KI:U) if that's the case it will have more kill potential than C. Falcon's Raptor boost. I think this is what you meant right?

Either way the captain isn't getting cut (via the interview). I assume they'll share similar looking side-b moves (but they are totally different property wise) , but sakurai can just change Falcon's Raptor boost if he felt like it was necessary.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
No, it's just him rolling then jumping. I can do that in all the Smash's.
Marth quickly jumps out of his roll faster than usual. That's what he's referring to. (by usual i mean previous smash games in general)

J1NG

Smash Journeyman
There's a pic of the day that shows pit not flinching at pikachu's special, this confirms the arm working just like in uprising. (I play KI:U) if that's the case it will have more kill potential than C. Falcon's Raptor boost. I think this is what you meant right?

Either way the captain isn't getting cut (via the interview). I assume they'll share similar looking side-b moves (but they are totally different property wise) , but sakurai can just change Falcon's Raptor boost if he felt like it was necessary.
Yeah, actually that is what I'm talking about. I just completed KI:U and haven't gotten the Upperdash Arm yet. I looked it up on Youtube, and indeed there are differences between Raptor Boost and Upperdash Arm. Captain Falcon's momentum ends when he makes contact, while Pit's momentum continues after he strikes an enemy. There's also the super armor property, as I have also seen the picture of Pikachu using his B against Pit while he is dashing. I am not convinced that the mention of the Falcon Punch in the interview is a confirmation of Captain Falcon, though. But, Sakurai worked on Smash Bros before he worked on KI:U, so it's entirely possible that the Upperdash Arm's inclusion in KI:U was just a shoutout to Falcon.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
A wild double post appears!

Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
. I am not convinced that the mention of the Falcon Punch in the interview is a confirmation of Captain Falcon, though. .
Someone was on here after the rosalina reveal who said that zelda was either getting a rehaul or being cut because rosalina seemed to have similar aerials. and captain falcon has been in the games longer than even zelda has with the same moveset. don't worry so much

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I hope we get an interesting picture tomorrow. I know we got Zelda already, and if we get DDD he'll probably be revealed near the end of the week, but I can't help but get excited.

J1NG

Smash Journeyman
Someone was on here after the rosalina reveal who said that zelda was either getting a rehaul or being cut because rosalina seemed to have similar aerials.
True, and the same goes for Toon Link with the (Spirit Tracks?) stage way back. All I'm saying is that if Sakurai is talking about Captain Falcon's movelist and how it has problems, it might be worth analyzing.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
True, and the same goes for Toon Link with the (Spirit Tracks?) stage way back. All I'm saying is that if Sakurai is talking about Captain Falcon's movelist and how it has problems, it might be worth analyzing.
He didn't say it was flawed, i'll quote his interview here

- Sakurai also talks about the difficulty in adjusting balances for things such as four player free-for-alls and 1-on-1 fights
- For these fights, their circumstances are completely different
- This can’t be helped at times, he says
- Ex: some attacks such as Captain Falcon’s “Falcon Punch” might work well when there’s more players, but might not ever hit during a 1-on-1 fight.

He's just comparing FFA balance to 1v1 balance

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I see people on facebook complaining how unoriginal the move shown is, when that always was her foward tilt. I'm tempted to to inform them, but what good would it do...

J1NG

Smash Journeyman
OP Knees ftw.
Melee's Knee was really effective, but I think it's mostly due to the fact that it could be combo'd into from a lot of other moves. I remember people talking about "reviving The Knee" for Smash mod projects, which only went as far as increasing the damage/knockback and calling it a day. It was completely silly.
He didn't say it was flawed, i'll quote his interview here

- Sakurai also talks about the difficulty in adjusting balances for things such as four player free-for-alls and 1-on-1 fights
- For these fights, their circumstances are completely different
- This can’t be helped at times, he says
- Ex: some attacks such as Captain Falcon’s “Falcon Punch” might work well when there’s more players, but might not ever hit during a 1-on-1 fight.

He's just comparing FFA balance to 1v1 balance
Yes, Sakurai is listing an example of something that he thinks is difficult to balance due to its polarity. If something is difficult to balance, there could be reason to believe that it could be changed. It is still possible that Sakurai believes that the Falcon Punch is one of those moves that isn't meant to be used in 1v1 to begin with, and the example is just an illustration of that. However, given Smash 4's new direction of balancing "casual" and "competitive" gameplay, it could still be relevant in a discussion of balance changes.
Bring back 64's Falcon Punch and Melee's knee of justice.
The 64's Falcon Punch might actually overshadow the Knee completely if it wasn't changed, since the Falcon Punch could be used as a finisher in the air.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Wow, so I'm gone for an entire day due to spending fun times with friends and family and then reading some comics and watching anime for a bit only to find that there was a whole page about me without my even being here or having to do anything to start up a scene. XD

I didn't know you all cared so much. I feel so loved~ <3

Also lolZelda'sleg.

If there's anything I'd like, it's Zelda's boots. She looks like she could punt tanks with those things. Absolutely sexy~ ¦3

Espio264

Smash Ace
Just as a heads up for the future, Ice climbers and Captain falcon were mentioned in prior interviews, Ice climbers were thought to be deconfirmed until rosalina trailer so they're likely back.
What does Rosalina's trailer have to do with the Ice Climbers?

Seriously. I apparently have missed something.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
What does Rosalina's trailer have to do with the Ice Climbers?

Seriously. I apparently have missed something.
sakurai was having trouble with "dual" characters on the 3ds. He said ice climbers as an example, so people were afraid they'd be cut or only one would show up, but Rosalina's apperance has basically confirmed that they have solved the two character in one problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom