• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
Ridley still has even the tiniest chance of being playable until he is shown on the Pyrosphere with Sakurai's comment being, "Look at this brand new stage hazard, everybody!" The big fuss is that there is actually a risk of that pic coming true, after many months of thinking Ridley was safe.
Someone in the Ridley thread just suggested that Ridley might be able to be a stage-hazard AND a playable character. I honestly think that it is plausible. It isn't like Smash is governed by logic or canon.

The EGaddMario principle.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Someone in the Ridley thread just suggested that Ridley might be able to be a stage-hazard AND a playable character. I honestly think that it is plausible. It isn't like Smash is governed by logic or canon.

...How could they do that? I've seen Other M (don't know why but, I did), there's no other Ridley than the original.

D

Deleted member

Isn't that the Toad logic?
EDIT: @ Substitution Substitution : There are two Ridleys.
The original, which appeared in Metroid 1/Zero Mission, became Meta Ridley in Prime, reappeared and then became Omega Ridley in Prime 3, and appeared without cybernetics (regular Ridley) in Super Metroid where he died for good.
And the clone of the original, which was created in Other M and was killed by the cloned Queen Metroid, then the dried, frozen corpse was absorbed by an X-Parasite and morphed into Neo Ridley in Fusion, which was also destroyed.
Theoretically, given that the Federation still has access to Ridley's DNA, more clones could surface in post-Fusion titles. Especially considering Samus is now an outlaw as far as they're concerned.

Last edited by a moderator:

Morbi

Scavenger
Isn't that the Toad logic?
Not necessarily. In essence it is, but there are a few key differences. One of them being Ridley himself. His prevalence in the Smash series, he is not an effigy of any given role (so it isn't like he is always a boss or a stage hazard or a cut-scene cameo or a background character or a trophy). His popularity might entail that he could be both a hazard and a playable character, if there is any character that people would accept in both roles, it would be Ridley.

Toad on the other hand was just snatch-fungus without much move-set potential unless Sakurai invented a move-set. His role was stagnant and many didn't see the two co-existing (move prop and playable character).

I am not saying that it is likely, but I do not think that if he was confirmed to be a stage-hazard that it necessarily means that he will not be playable.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman

I've never been well-versed in Metroid lore, but I believe some people have said that Other M Ridley is a clone...or something. I don't remember exactly. The bottom line is that I wouldn't mind having Bird Ridley on the Pyrosphere while Super Metroid/Melee Intro Ridley is playable.

Morbi

Scavenger
I've never been well-versed in Metroid lore, but I believe some people have said that Other M Ridley is a clone...or something. I don't remember exactly. The bottom line is that I wouldn't mind having Bird Ridley on the Pyrosphere while Super Metroid/Melee Intro Ridley is playable.
Yes, I am not too well-versed either, but I think Other M Ridley is a clone. It really wouldn't matter if he was in my opinion as canon doesn't have a bearing on what is possible in Smash.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Not necessarily. In essence it is, but there are a few key differences. One of them being Ridley himself. His prevalence in the Smash series, he is not an effigy of any given role (so it isn't like he is always a boss or a stage hazard or a cut-scene cameo or a background character or a trophy). His popularity might entail that he could be both a hazard and a playable character, if there is any character that people would accept in both roles, it would be Ridley.

I am not saying that it is likely, but I do not think that if he was confirmed to be a stage-hazard that it necessarily means that he will not be playable.
But then how would they do it?

Note: Technically, Wind Waker Link our Toon Link isn't the same as Conductor Link. They're both different incarnations of the Hero.

Morbi

Scavenger
But then how would they do it?

Note: Technically, Wind Waker Link our Toon Link isn't the same as Conductor Link. They're both different incarnations of the Hero.
Trust me, I know. I was one of the only members arguing that Toon Link wasn't the same as Conductor Link, you should have seen the mental decadence. People told me that his Wind Waker (literally the item) and the stage mixed with the music didn't mean anything.

So how would they do it? Quite simple, they would take one variant of Ridley (the clone one, or maybe Metal/Meta? Ridley) as the stage-hazard and a different one as a playable character. If you can mirror match Ridley in a FFA, I highly doubt having an entirely different model of Ridley in the background is going to seem unfathomable.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Trust me, I know. I was one of the only members arguing that Toon Link wasn't the same as Conductor Link, you should have seen the mental decadence. People told me that his Wind Waker (literally the item) and the stage mixed with the music didn't mean anything.

So how would they do it? Quite simple, they would take one variant of Ridley (the clone one, or maybe Metal/Meta? Ridley) as the stage-hazard and a different one as a playable character. If you can mirror match Ridley in a FFA, I highly doubt having an entirely different model of Ridley in the background is going to seem unfathomable.
This is Sakurai we're talking about. He's love his attention to details.

And really? How bad was it? I wasn't there to see it. But I assume it was "Gamefaqs after a Sakurai interview" bad.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
So a while back I predicted DeDeDe this friday. I see everyone else also has ideas of this friday, similar or different. Good stuffs?

Morbi

Scavenger
This is Sakurai we're talking about. He's love his attention to details.

And really? How bad was it? I wasn't there to see it. But I assume it was "Gamefaqs after a Sakurai interview" bad.
That is true, I do not think it is too likely, but it is a possibility that I will not dismiss.

It was pretty bad, everyone thought that Toon Link was de-confirmed. Every allusion to Wind Waker was entirely coincidental and the new Wind Waker HD Remastered version was irrelevant. Toon Link wouldn't return because Brawl's priority list is the same as Smash 4's priority list. This was one of the reasons that many believed Jigglypuff or Wolf would be cut. Once Toon Link was revealed, the anti-Jigglypuff and anti-Wolf BS came to a halt. That wasn't the bad part though, the bad part was after his reveal. Out of nowhere, everyone in the community began to pretend that they "knew it was a different Link and that Toon Link would return" so it was fairly annoying putting up with the lies.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I suppose it's possible to
That is true, I do not think it is too likely, but it is a possibility that I will not dismiss.

It was pretty bad, everyone thought that Toon Link was de-confirmed. Every allusion to Wind Waker was entirely coincidental and the new Wind Waker HD Remastered version was irrelevant. Toon Link wouldn't return because Brawl's priority list is the same as Smash 4's priority list. This was one of the reasons that many believed Jigglypuff or Wolf would be cut. Once Toon Link was revealed, the anti-Jigglypuff and anti-Wolf BS came to a halt. That wasn't the bad part though, the bad part was after his reveal. Out of nowhere, everyone in the community began to pretend that they "knew it was a different Link and that Toon Link would return" so it was fairly annoying putting up with the lies.
I must've been one of the only people who always stated Toon Link would return, but my initial reaction to the Spirit Tracks stage was indeed fear for one of my mains. However, I analyzed it and found out that they were two different Links, so all was good.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I suppose it's possible to

I must've been one of the only people who always stated Toon Link would return, but my initial reaction to the Spirit Tracks stage was indeed fear for one of my mains. However, I analyzed it and found out that they were two different Links, so all was good.
I feared he was going to return, but I was REALLY hoping he wouldn't

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
I'd love it if Sakurai posted a picture of Captain Falcon on Friday and his comment is simply, "What, were you expecting someone else?"

D

Deleted member

Saturday is Japan's release of Triple Deluxe.

WHY AM I GETTING NINJA'D CONSTANTLY TODAY

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
The spring mechanic on that boxing ring stage is interesting. I can only think of two other stages that have springs (excluding custom-made stages and SSE): PictoChat and Flat Zone 2. However, both of the springs aren't permanent. But still, glitches and spring cancelling galore...

Anyway, I'm wondering how high you can jump on those ropes. Could potentially set up for awesome combos if you knock an opponent into the rope. It's little details like this that do have impacts on gameplay.

Kinda reminds me of ladders. The only stages to have them (again, excluding custom stages and SSE) are 75m, Rumble Falls, and PictoChat. Could be an annoyance to some, however, they do provide ladder cancelling, especially helping players regaining their jumps when helpless.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Why does everyone think it will be Dedede? I didn't get the memo, yet. Is it a special game release or something?
January 11th is the release date of Kirby Triple Deluxe (Kirby 3D) in Japan. Therefore, many people think Dedede, who has a major role in the game's story, is a playable character in the main mode and has musical mini-games centered around him, and is a stage hazard in the Kirby Fighters/Super Smash Bros. mode. Also, there is a rumor/leak going around that states we'll seen him on Friday.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I still don't understand how people think Jigglypuff will be cut...SHE'S BEEN IN ALL 3 SMASH GAMES FOR GOD'S SAKE.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I still don't understand how people think Jigglypuff will be cut...SHE'S BEEN IN ALL 3 SMASH GAMES FOR GOD'S SAKE.
Cause they're "choice" is obviously better than Jigglypuff, thus a "legitimate" reason that she should be cut.

Blaziken

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4038-6625-0560
Jigglypuff was one of the last characters added to Brawl and was almost cut. People are going off of what happened in Brawl and are saying that she will be cut.

Morbi

Scavenger
Jigglypuff was one of the last characters added to Brawl and was almost cut. People are going off of what happened in Brawl and are saying that she will be cut.
Which is inherently false as the priority list for Smash 4 is not congruent with the priority list from Brawl. I know that you are just explaining, just had to throw that out there. I don't want it to get misconstrued like the Namco quote.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Triple Deluxe is a second level pun by Nintendo. Not only is it 3D as in 3DS, it's three Ds as in DDD.

Springs are fun, and in Brawl at least, each spring had its own "springiness" for lack of a better term that dictated how high it could launch you (the one summoned by Sonic's up special was much weaker than the one on PictoChat, for instance). I wonder how powerful it will be on this new stage; if it's really strong, it could be powerful for run-away.

Blaziken

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4038-6625-0560
I can't find the link. The best thing I can find is this Gamefaqs post, which isn't much.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-wii-u/65092358

Some other evidence supporting this is that Jigglypuff is the only veteran that doesn't appear in SSE until post-game. She was also the last veteran announced on the Dojo.

Which is inherently false as the priority list for Smash 4 is not congruent with the priority list from Brawl. I know that you are just explaining, just had to throw that out there. I don't want it to get misconstrued like the Namco quote.
I expect to see Jigglypuff get in. I don't use the priority list from Brawl for deciding who is making it.

Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
The last time we expected a reveal for a saturday released 3ds game, we were all disappointed. Don't get your hopes up too much, and if he doesn't reveal any kirby characters tomorrow or friday, expect some moar Zelda chars coming our way

Morbi

Scavenger
The last time we expected a reveal for a saturday released 3ds game, we were all disappointed. Don't get your hopes up too much, and if he doesn't reveal any kirby characters tomorrow or friday, expect some moar Zelda chars coming our way
Perhaps Shiek! I know I am personally waiting for her. :awesome:

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Wasn't that the expected Pokemon reveal though? If so, it's been said many times that the blame for that falls on Gamefreak.

There's no way in hell Sakurai would ignore a release in HIS OWN GAME SERIES.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom