• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
There is no "they". We are the competitive community, and we decide what will and will not be used. We would be well advised to give this and every other stage a chance, and I as a part of this community am certainly going to be doing my part to make that happen. You too and everyone else here has such a choice as well.
I was referring to EVO players and such. They won't play on a stage like that.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
So yeah, ignoring that brick of text above me, this stage is so getting banned now. ¦D

RODO

Smash Ace
LOL this stage it's already out of the question. They won't even try it out in tourneys.
Halberd is still a legal counter pick in Brawl though, and there are two types of stage hazards.

I don't know, usual stage hazards don't occupy 75% of the stage. The Yellow Devil simply is... too big /troll

Also I fear his attacks will last too long.
Norfair and Brinstar say hello ;)

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Halberd is still a legal counter pick in Brawl though, and there are two types of stage hazards.
What do you mean?

Norfair and Brinstar say hello ;)
Of course, Spear Pillar too. That's why I'm worried about the length of his attacks. He occupies the entire stage and from the looks of it, he's in the middle for like 30 seconds. Norfair is like a second or two to avoid. There's a big difference.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Of course, Spear Pillar too. That's why I'm worried about the length of his attacks. He occupies the entire stage and from the looks of it, he's in the middle for like 30 seconds. Norfair is like a second or two to avoid. There's a big difference.
We have absolutely no idea of how long he'll stay in the middle, there's absolutely no indication of it whatsoever, for all we know he might just switch from side to side once or twice. We've only seen pictures, stop jumping to conclusions.

And Norfair's waves that come from the side last for quite a long time.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Incredible update, surpassed every expectation.
This with the game seemingly coming out at the end of 2014 it's starting to get kinda annoying.
I can't see this game not building too much hype and result in another disappointment...

We have absolutely no idea of how long he'll stay in the middle, there's absolutely no indication of it whatsoever, for all we know he might just switch from side to side once or twice. We've only seen pictures, stop jumping to conclusions.

And Norfair's waves that come from the side last for quite a long time.
From the side. They don't occupy almost the entire platform.

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
This kiddies is what we call over-exaggerating. =D

Seriously, even if you liked the update for whatever weird reason, it wasn't that impressive.
You missed the slight tinge of sarcasm

This is the best update yet

Editing again: this update is poop. The pose Pit is doing is a visual metaphor for this update, and if yellow devil is a stage hazard this stage is going to get banned faster than a F-14 taking off.

KiraYoshikage

Smash Journeyman
But there are only two characters present in this picture like the sonic and mega man one. I bet its just co-op adventure and yellow devil comes from the background before you fight him.....

.....please? D:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Sakurai's comment makes me think the Yellow Devil will be a stage hazard. If he was a boss, I think the scene where he would come from the background would happen BEFORE the fight and not DURING the fight.

What Sakurai is likely telling is that, when playing on the Wily Castle stage, the Yellow Devil will appear in the background as a warning that he's about to fly into the stage.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, going off the conversation me and a couple of others had last night, we might be in for a short break thanks to New Years. There's a side of me that doubts it though because SSB4's site is a lot more simplistic than Brawl's was. SSB4's updates are a single picture and a sentence or two while Brawl's were 4 or 5 pictures and at least a paragraph so Sakurai could easily do the updates in his housecoat and slippers if he wanted to.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
From the way i see it this picture looks like a cutscene pit and villager dont normally face away from the camera like that atleast not in any screens we have seen currently. If it is a stage hazard im sure it will be similar to dialga/palkia in spear pillar where it shows up and leaves quickly.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
When Villager faces the right, he does an animation similar to that but facing the foreground, I can't recall if he was shown performing this animation while facing the left before but it could be very possible that he is simply just doing his idle animation which makes him look like he is facing the background. Pit is probably just in the middle of his turning animation which might be why he looks like he is facing the background as well. (or maybe it's a different animation I can't recall)

Sakurai has done something like that before to make the characters look like they are looking at the background to see what's going on so it's not like it's something unheard of.

So yeah, I don't think this is a part of a cutscene but that's just my opinion really...

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Gosh Darn it, Yellow Devil is a Stage Hazard. BBBBUUUUUMMMOOOO!!!!!!!

D

Deleted member

Is anyone else noticing a huge lack of Kirby pictures? He only appeared like 1 time in the last 40 pictures.The one time he did show up, no one noticed because Villager's Lloid Rocket stole the spotlight!

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
As long as the hazard is predictable and doesn't have stupid knockback like in Port Town Aero Dive I'm fine with it.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Dodging the Yellow Devil's attacks here shouldn't be as hard as it was on the original game, mainly due to the air dodge ability.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
I will go and predict the following:

Yellow Devil - Stage Hazard (Willy's Castle).
Willy - Boss Battle
Proto Man - Assist Trophy

.n_n.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom