• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
You know what?

It's been two months since Toon Link's reveal and Sakurai still hasn't shown off a pic with him and Conductor Link together. (from what I remember)
I honestly thought he'd do that thing a few days after the reveal.

Is the joke too obvious for him or something?

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Seeing that train reminds me how bad DK's fur looks in this version.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Seeing that train reminds me how bad DK's fur looks in this version.

I remember before Pokemon X and Y came out I thought that the overworld map and battle sequences looked awful. After playing the game and seeing it on the screen it was designed for, I realised how terrible 3DS games look on anything but the 3DS. I recall Sakurai stated himself that the reason he shows fewer 3DS pictures is because it does not capture how the game truly looks.

Hyruleslink

Smash Journeyman
I remember before Pokemon X and Y came out I thought that the overworld map and battle sequences looked awful. After playing the game and seeing it on the screen it was designed for, I realised how terrible 3DS games look on anything but the 3DS. I recall Sakurai stated himself that the reason he shows fewer 3DS pictures is because it does not capture how the game truly looks.
This is so true. When I got A Link Between Worlds, I was surprised with how good it looked. Same for Kid Icarus Uprising & 3D Land.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
You know what?

It's been two months since Toon Link's reveal and Sakurai still hasn't shown off a pic with him and Conductor Link together. (from what I remember)
I honestly thought he'd do that thing a few days after the reveal.

Is the joke too obvious for him or something?

And when they even had a picture with Toon Link on that stage as well.

Would it have been too much trouble to bring him over to conductor Link and take a quick snapshot while they were at it? :T

Ah well, then again, the joke has pretty much died by now as everyone has pretty much gotten over Toon Link being back in Smash.

Would still have been funny to ruffle a few feathers for those who are still butthurt though. >:B

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
At first i was like hes finally going to show a picture of both toon links together. But its just a bomb train stage hazard. Well fridays are 70% of the time the most interesting i wonder picture is going to be tomorrow.

And i wonder who will be decembers character(s) just going unpredictable im going with R.O.B

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Can we PLEASE get a newcomer? Closest thing we got to a newcomer is Toon Link so far since E3.
I've been saying this for months but I'd be completely surprised if we got one before New Years or at the very least the 2014 preview Nintendo Direct that's rumored to happen in December. This being said, we're only about 2 weeks away from this at the very least and a little more than month at most.

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
We've technically gotten three new things this week and tomorrow is the last update of the month. Will it be utterly glorious or will it be as stale an after Thanksgiving dinner fart? Stay tuned.
I think it's safe to assume that we'll get to see a glorious pic of Luigi's nose invading someone else's privacy.

To be honest, I don't think we'll be getting anything new, but I doubt it'll be pointless. Although I'd be fine if it was pointless if it's on the same caliber as "Sonic, failure".

majora_787

Smash Hero
Spirit Tracks is only what, a century after Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass if even that. I mean if characters from Wind Waker were still alive, these two Links could have met between games or something. It's weird to think about and the joke is definitely there. Sakurai just refuses to acknowledge it. >:Y

iam8bit

Smash Ace
I love that this thread went from wanting "important" updates with new information to being dissapointed for a lack of a "2 Toon Links" pic. :rotfl:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Mainly because he's the only vet that was surprising. A surprise vet is almost as good as a newcomer, IMO.
Or it would be if it wasn't Toon Link. But I guess it's true, a veteran nobody expected to come back is almost as surprising as a newcomer.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
Well Sakurai said that the game has basically hit it's limit of characters, meaning I expect there to be from 25 to 40, most likely around the 40 end since it's difficult to get rid of characters without replacing them, being difficult on it's own to get rid of them. There will most likely be newcomers, but very few.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
Oh god that would suck. Thankfully, Sakurai being a perfectionist, he wants to release a 100% completed game, and highly doubts he'll add anything else, being that he's against DLC.

I spent so much money on the Fire Emblem Awakening DLC.

He also doesn't know how multiplayer would work if someone had DLC characters and someone didn't.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
It's stupid to think that Sakurai wouldn't add more than three newcomers.

Let's be honest, for the majority of SSB fans, the one thing that gets us most excited is the newcomers. Would he ever just release three at the beginning and that would be it? No, he has more in store. I would not worry about it.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Well Sakurai said that the game has basically hit it's limit of characters, meaning I expect there to be from 25 to 40, most likely around the 40 end since it's difficult to get rid of characters without replacing them, being difficult on it's own to get rid of them. There will most likely be newcomers, but very few.
He has also said that he wants to try and get as many characters in the game as he can, so what is actually going to come out of it is sort of up in the air. Not that I expect 50 or anything; My guesstimation is around 45 with cuts.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
He's not against DLC at all. He's just of the opinion that DLC is something that developers shouldn't think about until after they've finished the game.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Oh god that would suck. Thankfully, Sakurai being a perfectionist, he wants to release a 100% completed game, and highly doubts he'll add anything else, being that he's against DLC.

I spent so much money on the Fire Emblem Awakening DLC.

He also doesn't know how multiplayer would work if someone had DLC characters and someone didn't.
Yeah, that's what I love about Sakurai, he doesn't pull the day-1 DLC bull that a lot of other people do. I'm really interested in DLC this time around though. Now Sakurai can patch the game as he pleases, and there's even a possibility of DLC characters after the release.

I don't know about you, but the thought of DLC characters in Smash makes me extremely hyped up! Now, after the game's been out for half a year or so, we can actually get a new character or maybe even stages that make the game new and refreshing.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
He has also said that he wants to try and get as many characters in the game as he can, so what is actually going to come out of it is sort of up in the air. Not that I expect 50 or anything; My guesstimation is around 45 with cuts.
True, I just see maybe around 40 if even, because lets face it, who else is he going to add? There are tons of characters, but only so many that are so important.

(If you can prove me wrong, please do so).

Yeah, that's what I love about Sakurai, he doesn't pull the day-1 DLC bull that a lot of other people do. I'm really interested in DLC this time around though. Now Sakurai can patch the game as he pleases, and there's even a possibility of DLC characters after the release.

I don't know about you, but the thought of DLC characters in Smash makes me extremely hyped up! Now, after the game's been out for half a year or so, we can actually get a new character or maybe even stages that make the game new and refreshing.
That would add intrest back into the game.

majora_787

Smash Hero
That would add intrest back into the game.
With three cuts and 12 newcomers, I was able to pick out an assortment of requested older characters and newer characters to throw into the game. I feel like I had one or two characters too many to add, but that in my opinion would be just the right number for Sakurai, who would no doubt have "surprise additions" on some level.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
If the game has less then 14 newcomers it full more like a port, honestly I buy this game for the characters I not a competive player and would be dissapointed with less then 45( with cute)

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
With three cuts and 12 newcomers, I was able to pick out an assortment of requested older characters and newer characters to throw into the game. I feel like I had one or two characters too many to add, but that in my opinion would be just the right number for Sakurai, who would no doubt have "surprise additions" on some level.
Do you have some sort of way we can see your list?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom