• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
If the game has less then 14 newcomers it full more like a port, honestly I buy this game for the characters I not a competive player and would be dissapointed with less then 45( with cute)
14 newcomers is a damn lot even for a young fighting game franchise(Melee only had 13 with blatant clones, and that's still more than most games get for their second installment), and it's very, very normal for fighting games to taper off in terms of how many new characters they get once they hit about 30 characters since it get's multiplicatively harder to balance everyone, and all the old characters have to be updated and such, even if you do do a few cuts. 13 new characters would be very impressive.
A update(I assume that's what you mean by port) for a fighting game will probably have, like, two new characters. Except for Capcom updates that are essential sequels. An actually port will have maybe one new character.
I mean unless you're talking about an anime fighter or something where the developers just don't give a damn.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I would be OK with 14 newcomers if almost all the Brawl characters and maybe Mewtwo and Roy are returning. A total of 50 characters is what I'm expecting and I think it's totally doable.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Do you have some sort of way we can see your list?
I didn't think it mattered much. But basically with an assumed 12 newcomers, 3 of which confirmed, I had 9 spaces for new characters to put on the roster.
I added Little Mac, K. Rool, Ridley, and Chrom due to them being anticipated characters that are important to their franchise. That leaves 5 spaces.
I didn't really know what else to add, so I just threw on Shulk, Dillon, and Wonder Red to represent new IP which I think would be good to have in Smash Bros. That leaves 2.
And lastly I added Medusa, the main antagonist of the Kid Icarus series while maybe not of Uprising, and I threw on Rosalina because I honestly didn't know what else to do with it.

But with Little Mac, K. Rool, Ridley, Chrom, Dillon, Wonder Red, Medusa, and two "Sakurai Spots", there isn't really any resorting to more questionable characters and is a perfectly good addition to the roster even if it's the smallest since Smash Bros. 64; The quality of the selection over the quantity. And then Sakurai can surprise us with anything else beyond that he feels the game could use.

But that's just what I'm hoping for from this game. Doesn't really count for much. :p

EDIT: To note, these additions also took into account Snake, Ike, Lucario, and possibly Ness as character cuts for an end roster size of 45/46 characters.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Meh, no fake pic of the day today. Sorry. I'll make 2 tommorow though. ( I did make falco and ice climbers today though)
HAPPY THANKS GIVING EVERYONE!!!:bluejump:

iam8bit

Smash Ace

majora_787

Smash Hero
So we have another PotD happening, but next week is about time for December's veteran reveal. My money is on Falcon, since he seems to alternate between being unlockable and being a starting character.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
So we have another PotD happening, but next week is about time for December's veteran reveal. My money is on Falcon, since he seems to alternate between being unlockable and being a starting character.
Maybe we won't have a traditional reveal next month. We could get a VGX trailer that shows off some newcomers and that'll be it for the month (ya never know). :?:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Maybe we won't have a traditional reveal next month. We could get a VGX trailer that shows off some newcomers and that'll be it for the month (ya never know). :?:
It's been nearly six months. I'm way past the point of expecting newcomer reveals. :p But maybe, I guess?

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I'm really happy with this new effect. It looks totally bad-a**. Looks like it'll make beating someone on high percent even more satisfying. It's the little things.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm loving these new hit effects they're making in this game. This one looks awesome.

D

Deleted member

Assessment of this November's screenshots : Pretty satisfying, with Marth's reveal, Mario Galaxy stages, item redesigns and some other cool stuffs like new stage hazards and visual effects.

Infinitely better than last October's ones in fact.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, the black and red effects are nice.

Overall, November was a good month. We kept getting small updates quite regularly.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
And here I was thinking it was a new shield break effect. Cool nonetheless.

I wonder if the next month will start with a bang...

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I'm hoping trophies return...since collecting all 544 trophies in Brawl was worth it. If trophies were to return I expect about 700+ of them. As for stickers...meh.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Nintendo reveals NFS tech collectable trophies.. transfer them into the game.. etc. Some become assist.. special gold ones.. Nintendo club or Nintendo tournament.
I can see Sakurai go for special AR cards like with Kid Icarus, if that's what you mean. But I hope he understands how much the Smash Bros. public wants to be able to complete 100% Super Smash Bros. games without going crazy with that sort of stuff.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Yeah November was pretty nice overall but I hope with Christmas we'll have more juicy details.
Also I think the last week of the year won't get any update due to vacations and possibly even the first week of January. But I'm positive it will be the more interesting month till now, or at least it should be.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
Pic of the day. A red-black effect now appears when you're hit by a strong blow. It'll only appear when you have high damage, so when you see this you're in trouble--and you're probably about to get KO'd!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Today's screenshot must be showing the new effects that are seen whenever a fighter's shield gets broken. Looks quite good there.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Is it just me or do the graphics just keep looking better and better?

Today's pic looks particularly great.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
Today's screenshot must be showing the new effects that are seen whenever a fighter's shield gets broken. Looks quite good there.

"Pic of the day. A red-black effect now appears when you're hit by a strong blow. It'll only appear when you have high damage, so when you see this you're in trouble--and you're probably about to get KO'd!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom