• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
inb4 Palutena in December.
And that effect is awesome. I love all these reveals that are actually revealing.
I still don't get why people are betting on Palutena in December. Why December?

And what if we get nothing? (Same question I asked with Pokemon on October and nothing happened there)

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I still don't get why people are betting on Palutena in December. Why December?
Well I guess I'm thinking that since December is the end of the year, Sakurai could throw us a bone and say: "Happy New Year! Here's your present!"
Even so, it's Kid Icarus's anniversary, so then would be a better time than ever to reveal Palutena (who many are already anticipating anyway: she's one of the more obvious newcomers).

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
What if we don't even get Palutena. Why does it have to Palutena. Why not someone else

Croco

Smash Lord
I can see Sakurai go for special AR cards like with Kid Icarus, if that's what you mean. But I hope he understands how much the Smash Bros. public wants to be able to complete 100% Super Smash Bros. games without going crazy with that sort of stuff.
Sorry I meant NFC tech.

I see the cards happening.. Though after Reggie's recent interview about some NFC tech in the works I wouldn't be shocked if NFS is tied with Smash Brothers. He mentions it recently here -> http://www.gametrailers.com/full-episodes/p992ud/gt-tv-donkey-kong-country--tropical-freeze
http://www.nintendo-insider.com/201...-committed-to-showing-off-wii-us-nfc-feature/

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If NFC gets implemented into Smash in some way, whether with cards or actual little trophies (I might explode) or whatever, I'm going to be good and broke for the foreseeable future.

It'd be a good move on Nintendo's part, I know I'm not the only one who would throw away all their money on it. :p

D

Deleted member

If NFC gets implemented into Smash in some way, whether with cards or actual little trophies (I might explode) or whatever, I'm going to be good and broke for the foreseeable future.

It'd be a good move on Nintendo's part, I know I'm not the only one who would throw away all their money on it. :p
That was almost exactly what I thought about those potential new features.

Nintendo should sell AR Cards for the 3DS version as well, like they did with KIU.

Croco

Smash Lord
That was almost exactly what I thought about those potential new features.

Nintendo should sell AR Cards for the 3DS version as well, like they did with KIU.

Skylanders does so well because it captures an audience that would buy it.
Nintendo hasn't gotten there yet.. but they clearly planned to with the built in NFC.
Imagine a 'special edition gold trophy' of a character? and you got this with the launch of smash brothers?
Or a golden mario costume? after buying a golden mario trophy figure? Show it off online?

I can dream.. but you never know.. ;)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If there's an audience that would buy original made-up characters, and an audience that would buy B-tier Disney characters, there's an audience that would buy well-known Nintendo characters for a well known Nintendo series.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
I gotta say, though I do like the new attack effects, the sheer amount of them is getting a bit cluster-f***y. Like in today's picture we've got the black lighting, a slash effect from Link's sword, a slash effect from Fox's body being hit, the shattered glass/ice chunks effect, a pink flash behind Link that may or may not be related to the lightning, a harsh wind effect with foggy looking light effects floating in it shooting out of Link's back, little floating light particle effects that are shaped vaguely like leaves, and...actual normal green leaves for some reason? It's kind of a mess.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I gotta say, though I do like the new attack effects, the sheer amount of them is getting a bit cluster-f***y. Like in today's picture we've got the black lighting, a slash effect from Link's sword, a slash effect from Fox's body being hit, the shattered glass/ice chunks effect, a pink flash behind Link that may or may not be related to the lightning, a harsh wind effect with foggy looking light effects floating in it shooting out of Link's back, little floating light particle effects that are shaped vaguely like leaves, and...actual normal green leaves for some reason? It's kind of a mess.
It probably won't look so 'cluster-f***y' when playing the game as the camera will be zoomed out further than what's been shown in these pics of the day.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
It probably won't look so 'cluster-f***y' when playing the game as the camera will be zoomed out further than what's been shown in these pics of the day.
I think it'll look amazing :awesome:. Imagine the final moments of a game, when both you and your opponent are at high percentage, each on your last life. Then you land a devastating smash attack that ends the game with black/red lightning effects zipping across the screen for the final blow *sheds tear*.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Watch as we get Sakurai's middle finger and a picture of himself with his cat's face BADLY photoshoped over his head. Best VGX reveal ever.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I hope there's a cool effect for when two really powerful attacks collide.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
I hope there is some kind of nice affect for when you power shield. I don't know what it could be, but maybe something having to do with glass.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
You cannot tell me (or anybody who is actually good) with a straight face that Ganon isn't ass in Brawl.
In fact, you don't even need to be good to even know that. :laugh:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
November has been a pretty good month in general, updates were interesting enough after the Marth reveal to make me genuinly excited about checking the picture each day, unlike in October where I was trying to count the Luigis.

Here's to December being even better.

DukeofShorts

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Braedenthegreat
November has been a pretty good month in general, updates were interesting enough after the Marth reveal to make me genuinly excited about checking the picture each day, unlike in October where I was trying to count the Luigis.

Here's to December being even better.
The closer we get to release, the better the updates are gonna be in my opinion.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I am pretty interested in December, but I dunno. I can only hope that November is the start of more information being thrown out and not an odd month or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom