• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
I don't think Guybrush splashes

I'm cool with the design for the new ray guns but part of me wishes they looked more like the NES laser zapper. We need more items based on nintendo peripherals. How awesome would it be to smash your bros with the N64 rumble back or the NES knitting machine .

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I don't think Guybrush splashes

I'm cool with the design for the new ray guns but part of me wishes they looked more like the NES laser zapper. We need more items based on nintendo peripherals. How awesome would it be to smash your bros with the N64 rumble back or the NES knitting machine .
http://kotaku.com/5939210/this-long...ould-have-let-you-make-sweaters-with-your-nes
Woah. I think I heard about that somewhere but forgot shortly after.

There should be Virtual Boy goggles that let you shoot out powerful red lazer beams at the expense of slowly affecting your damage meter or making it hard to see. Nintendo needs to stop being ashamed of the VB and learn to poke fun at it.

-----

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The Smash symbol is actually quite noticeable. It is mirrored and Sakurai compared it to a stamp, which makes me think that the projectiles will be shaped like the Smash logo.

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
or the beams could actually leave a stamp on the one who gets hit? like maybe some of dat yellow glow on them for just a little bit

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Well, we've technically gotten two new things two days in a row so it's been a good week so far. I have to say that I really like all the redesigns that they're doing for the items so that even things that have been around since the first game seem fresh and new.

The Rayman update was... NOT THAT GREAT but nice to know.

So.... When the assist trophy confirmation comes up, every support thread will start panicking right?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So.... When the assist trophy confirmation comes up, every support thread will start panicking right?
Indeed, that will happen. It will be the time that whenever a previously unseen character appears, yet has no "Challenger Approaching" banner, people's dreams are crushed. And there will be the possibility where people may mistake ATs with playable characters...

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I am not harrasing you I am only stating facts. But since you are so immature and arrogant it is pointless to get through that thick-skulled narrow-minded brain of yours. I should set you to ignore but I still want to believe your a good person. But everytime you prove me wrong. Good-bye!

Also that part made me laugh! You say I am the one harassing you! Hah! Your the one who comes to this thread saying stuff like "Lock this thread because I hate social interaction" or "Didn't realize 2013 was the year of butthurt for you new people" or like today "You kiddies talk about the craziest things I wonder if this thread is even modded". Dude you sound like such a jerk half the time. If you were a mod 50% off all threads on smashboards would be locked.

Your just a bad influence in my opinion you really are...
The first one was a joke.
The second one was because everybody was fighting over nothing.
The third one was because I saw 9-10 counts of censor dodging, discussion about topics that would have been stopped on any other board, and because this thread manages to go off-topic for 4-5 pages almost every single day.

Also, quoting my posts and assuming I'm arrogant because you don't like the tone of them because you fail to grasp the context in which I'm speaking is pretty much harassing me. Stop doing it.

The first one was a joke.
The second one was because everybody was fighting over nothing.
The third one was because I saw 9-10 counts of censor dodging, discussion about topics that would have been stopped on any other board, and because this thread manages to go off-topic for 4-5 pages almost every single day.

Also, quoting my posts and assuming I'm arrogant because you don't like the tone of them because you fail to grasp the context in which I'm speaking is pretty much harassing me. Stop doing it.
U cant doubt da BROOMER.

Serious note : I don't see THAT much Brawl backroomers go here so this is a nice surprise (Especially since I knew what competitive Brawl was like. Or the taste, at the least).

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Being a BRoomer doesn't mean anything here. This game will hopefully have a fresh meta where those with experience don't start off leagues better than those without it.
Because then everybody will quit. :(

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Behold, the SMASHLIGHT,
In smash bros 64 the raygun looked and sounded like a regular gun.
I thought it was funny as hell to actually get to shoot nintendo characters with a gun.
I was surprised to find out it was called a ray gun.
I wonder what kind of beam this new ray gun shoots out.

How long does the stamp last on the opponent?
I think that when he said they designed the logo like a stamp, he meant that they flipped it around so that when you shoot it, it faces the correct direction from the shooters point of view. Wouldn't it make more sense for the logo to face the correct direction from the point of view of the person being shot at? That way the last thing they see is the correct smash logo.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Anybody else waiting on the dream crushing updates? Not to say that I'm going to rub my hands together like some sort of sociopath in anticipation but I'm kind of ready for some people to be officially deconfirmed. I feel this way because, unlike Brawl, I feel like there are no clear cut newcomers for SSB4 and I'd like a better idea of who is going to make the cut. Aside from ROB and Snake, I'd argue that everyone in Brawl was super obvious but with Megaman off the check list, nobody really seems like a "shoe in" for me.

Villager is the man for me. No homo.

My dreams are NOT CRUSHED since I can play as Toad (Blue Toad) in 3D World and I just played it in my friend's house and they game was well, one of the best games I've played. Ever.

Hey. At least we got a new (Well, someTHING new) veteran. Now all we need to do is to wait and see if that maniacal death sentence, assist trophy, returns as an item.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
I want the Blue Shell as an item in Super Smash Bros.
Straight up Miiverse quality post.

Anyways I find it hilarious how people are so upset about not having a realistic gun. And using over 10 year old examples as argument points. Times have changed. This proves how unsatisfied people can be with anything. I mean just look at what you're arguing about. You really do like to complain about anything.

When a clear family friendly company wants to put a gun in a game so they make it not like a gun shouldn't be the end of the world.

99.9% of these boards view items as the anti christ so I don't know why you care so much

Blue shell or spiny blue shell? If spiny, I thought of it at first but most people deemed it to be too ridiculous to punish someone for winning. So...... Eh.... I don't like it either since I've lost 10 mario kart Wii matches because of it. *Sigh* I use Toad and the Blue Falcon. No ****

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Actually, if we wanna get technical, Smash has been rated T for Teen since Melee to Brawl. Not E for Everyone. ¦D

Keep in mind that ALL Smash games receive an A rating (Japanese equivalent of E for Everyone) in Japan compared to PlayStation All Stars's B (T rating equivalent) rating. Besides, oversensitive punks run the ESRB in the first place and why America's censorship makes Japan look like a legend.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
That's just plain cool. Why can't we have Super Smash Bros. merchandise like light-up Ray Guns? I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Eh...I mean it's a ray gun. Why can't it just look like it always did? Whatever though. I always thought the Ray Gun was too cheap anyway.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Sure let's ignore all the games where he was actually different as well as his own games.

Luigi's Mansion came out 18 years after Luigi was created and aside from Super Mario Bros 2 (which was a reskin of an entirely different game), Luigi didn't have any noteworthy differences with Mario in any of the Mario canon games until Super Mario Galaxy in 2007, almost 25 YEARS after the character was created.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Luigi's Mansion came out 18 years after Luigi was created and aside from Super Mario Bros 2 (which was a reskin of an entirely different game), Luigi didn't have any noteworthy differences with Mario in any of the Mario canon games until Super Mario Galaxy in 2007, almost 25 YEARS after the character was created.
I think you're forgetting Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom