• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
*sigh* Thats all incredible crap but Im tired and hungry and I dont feel like arguing against that kind of baseless logic.
In regards to me?

Gimme a reader's digest version.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
*sigh* Thats all incredible crap but Im tired and hungry and I dont feel like arguing against that kind of baseless logic.
You should come prepared, you know.... especially, when you're up against the man who had the guts to debate with TheDivineDeity. :p

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
And your logic isn't baseless?

"Oh it needs to look like a gun for the sake of having a gun!"

Yeah, no. Guns don't mesh with the Smash Bros universe all that well. If you want guns, go play Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3. Just about half the cast of that game uses guns.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
And your logic isn't baseless?

"Oh it needs to look like a gun for the sake of having a gun!"

Yeah, no. Guns don't mesh with the Smash Bros universe all that well. If you want guns, go play Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3. Just about half the cast of that game uses guns.
Even then, their execution is all lasers! :estatic:

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
In regards to me?

Gimme a reader's digest version.
You cant just sue someone because theres something that resembles a gun in a game. I get Japan outlaws firearms but that still doesnt matter. (Pokemons anime featured a gun, and that was aired proudly, whereas it was banned in the states. Game Freak doesnt care. And might I add the "fake breasts episode" incident?) Something "looking freaky" in Smash Bros isnt a thing. Its Smash Bros. My main point is I dont give a **** about any logistics behind the decision besides one: the hypocrisy of it. All of the things, weapons, violence, skintight suits, and neck snapping are fine, but OOOooooOOOooOOoooohhhHHhhhh NNNoooOOOooOOOoooOoOOoo no "realistic" handguns!!

As for the Snake thing, no, thats completely ridiculous. He snaps necks, thats it. Its SUPPOSED to be snapping necks, it looks like snapping necks, regardless of whether or not its "realistic" its meant to look specifically like snapping of necks. The rest of his artillery is still unaccounted for.

D

Deleted member

I honestly don't give a rat's ass about what was meant.

The ******** over perceived hypocrisy is irritating. And to use Snake as a counterpoint shows that the ******** came before rational thought.

While I don't necessarily support the notion that kids need to be sheltered from firearm violence in a video game (since they see it pretty much in other games and in movies), there's a fine difference between a pistol and a rocket launcher.
A household is more likely to have a pistol than a ****ing rocket launcher.

With that notion and how ******** children are in this generation to where they'll imitate what they see like a derp, a kid is much more likely to be running around with a pistol "playing" than they are tossing grenades, lugging rocket launchers they can't even lift, using land mines (which aren't even realistic in Brawl), etc.
And "neck snapping"? While yes, it's supposed to be a nod to it, no one's neck gets particularly dislocated in Brawl, now does it? The way it looks, it's more like Snake's choking them rather than outright breaking their neck.

D

Deleted member

Pretty sure ******** about how Sakurai needs to "grow up and grow some ****ing balls" over something that's been made a point of since 1999 counts as "overreacting".

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
With that notion and how ******** children are in this generation to where they'll imitate what they see like a derp, a kid is much more likely to be running around with a pistol "playing" than they are tossing grenades, lugging rocket launchers they can't even lift, using land mines (which aren't even realistic in Brawl), etc.
And "neck snapping"? While yes, it's supposed to be a nod to it, no one's neck gets particularly dislocated in Brawl, now does it? The way it looks, it's more like Snake's choking them rather than outright breaking their neck.
Good thing its rated T. A kid is just as likely to do that anyway even if they didnt play Smash, or hell its not like the same basic principles dont apply to "fake" guns. If a gun-shaped thing in a game shoots bullet-like-things from it when the trigger is pulled or "button is pressed" kids are more than capable of putting 2 and 2 together. Like say with a nerf gun. Then theres the issue of the parents keeping guns where children cant reach them but thats on the parents and has nothing to do with outside influences.

Pretty sure *****ing about how Sakurai needs to "grow up and grow some ****ing balls" over something that's been made a point of since 1999 counts as "overreacting".
Fine I overreacted. I apologize for the bull****. I stand by my points though.

D

Deleted member

"Rated T"

That supposed to mean anything? Brawl is rated A on the CERO rating. You know, the one in Japan? As in, where the ****ing game is made?
Their "A" is our "E".

Don't tell me you're one of those people that thinks ESRB ratings automatically determine who the game is for, do you?

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
"Rated T"

That supposed to mean anything? Brawl is rated A on the CERO rating. You know, the one in Japan? As in, where the ****ing game is made?
Their "A" is our "E".

Don't tell me you're one of those people that thinks ESRB ratings automatically determine who the game is for, do you?
I never said that. The culture over there has a higher.... "respect?" for kids than we do. Theyre generally more loose with their violence and such with their kids. So it make sense for the ratings to be lower. Which just makes the whole ordeal more puzzling.

I don't even know why Golden got on your case about that comment anyway. I mean it's a little...crude, but still.
I thought it was more for humorous effect.
Yeah I kindof have a cursing habit. I use **** as an adjective a lot, idk it just a fun word to use. And yeah it can make things humorous lol

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You cant just sue someone because theres something that resembles a gun in a game.
You can when your character/ property are used in it and you don't like it.

I just want to clarify. I don't care what the gun looks like. I personally think Kirby with an AK47 would be badass. I'm just trying to say why I think they made this decision and why it's probably a good one in the long run.

You cant just sue someone because theres something that resembles a gun in a game. I get Japan outlaws firearms but that still doesnt matter. (Pokemons anime featured a gun, and that was aired proudly, whereas it was banned in the states. Game Freak doesnt care.
Things change. Game Freak was pretty lax back then.

Nowadays they are not only a hassle to work with (as evidenced by Sakurai), but they are so pissy that they personally sent people to retrieve copies of Pokemon X and Y that were sold early.

They're very stingy now. There's a reason why a gun hasn't been shown since. I mean this is a company that didn't show an episode just because it had a Whiscash use earthquake and there had been an earthquake in Japan recently and it "would be in bad taste." They care a lot about their reputation now.

And might I add the "fake breasts episode" incident?)
Difference in culture.

The Japanese don't find body humor to be strictly adult like western cultures do.

Still, they haven't pulled anything like that in a decade.

Something "looking freaky" in Smash Bros isnt a thing. Its Smash Bros.
To an extant, I agree.

Again, these aren't my opinions. I'm playing devil's advocate.

My main point is I dont give a **** about any logistics behind the decision besides one: the hypocrisy of it. All of the things, weapons, violence, skintight suits, and neck snapping are fine, but OOOooooOOOooOOoooohhhHHhhhh NNNoooOOOooOOOoooOoOOoo no "realistic" handguns!!
I see the point you're trying to make.

But I'm not really sure I would call that hypocrisy.

As for the Snake thing, no, thats completely ridiculous. He snaps necks, thats it. Its SUPPOSED to be snapping necks, it looks like snapping necks, regardless of whether or not its "realistic" its meant to look specifically like snapping of necks.
I said that the unrealistic thing doesn't make it any better.

I just stated an observation I saw.

And frankly one I see as hilarious. Seriously, look at the way he moves those hips! XD

The rest of his artillery is still unaccounted for.
I did say that explosions could be interpreted as cartoony.

I suppose that could "soften the impact" so to speak.

daniel13789

Smash Rookie
I wonder how it'll sound like in this game. Personally, I would be overjoyed if the bass pounding shot of the first game came back. Kiiiinda doubt it though.

Also, if Sakurai is implying it's a stamp. I wonder if the smash logo will imprint on a shot character for a short time. Would be a neat little detail

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I did NOT know that thing about X and Y o_O
Yeah... Game Freak was REALLY serious about a worldwide release date.

I even heard that some people were fired because retailers sold a couple of copies early.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Nowadays they are not only a hassle to work with (as evidenced by Sakurai), but they are so pissy that they personally sent people to retrieve copies of Pokemon X and Y that were sold early.
Oh yeah, that guy who was leaking photos and got "Nintendo'd" as he called it.
That was crazy. They went to his GameStop store.

I wonder how it'll sound like in this game. Personally, I would be overjoyed if the bass pounding shot of the first game came back. Kiiiinda doubt it though.

Also, if Sakurai is implying it's a stamp. I wonder if the smash logo will imprint on a shot character for a short time. Would be a neat little detail
I'm curious if the light bullet will also look like the Smash symbol but 3D and like a cylinder.

I'm a horse.
Are you a HAPPY horse?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I really like the new design of the ray guns, remind me of something from Ratchet and Clank!

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Is everyone happy with the way the Ray Gun sits on the ground? Might be a silly question, but the way it rests now is reaaaaaally going against the laws of gravity. I like it this way, the way it's always been, just wondering what everyone else thought.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
There's also the fact that some characters wielding a realistic gun look plain freaky... I mean the idea of :mario2: wielding an AK-47 or a pistol just seems silly and ruins the immersion. .

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I swear, I don't know what's going on in this thread anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom