• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espio264

Smash Ace
That's the most unappetizing sandwich I've ever seen. I sure hope Sakurai's pic tonight is a little more kosher.

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
Wolf is honestly one of my favorite characters to play as in Brawl. He would probably be my favorite if he didn't lose like all freaking momentum after using his recovery moves, making him die when he's literally right next to the edge.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
Falco is a clone of Fox, and Wolf is his own character. And everybody who says there are too many Star Fox reps say they need to get rid of Wolf...

That's the most unappetizing sandwich I've ever seen. I sure hope Sakurai's pic tonight is a little more kosher.
Tonight? He uploads them at 4:00 AM for me.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I miss Wolf. I haven't been playing smash lately. I need to get back into that. I actually lost interest in Fox from Melee to Brawl, and Wolf was exactly what I needed. :p

I honestly doubt though that he'll be cut. I mean we've got Lucario, Ike, and Snake who have better reasons for not appearing, and I can see them still sticking around to a point.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
The only cut I think has logic behind it would be Solid Snake. If Metal Gear's separating from Nintendo systems, then I can see Nintendo possibly cutting off Snake. And I wouldn't like that, but I could deal with it.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The only cut I think has logic behind it would be Solid Snake. If Metal Gear's separating from Nintendo systems, then I can see Nintendo possibly cutting off Snake. And I wouldn't like that, but I could deal with it.
MG is about as "separate" from Nintendo as its ever been, and with one MG remake on a Nintendo platform since the last Smash, it's exactly in the same position it was in for Brawl.

Snake's never been included due to his ties to Nintendo, that much is clear.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
MG is about as "separate" from Nintendo as its ever been, and with one MG remake on a Nintendo platform since the last Smash, it's exactly in the same position it was in for Brawl.

Snake's never been included due to his ties to Nintendo, that much is clear.

Forgot about Snake Eater 3D. So, there is hope!

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Something amazing.

Not really. Rising got no Wii U version, MGS5 Ground Zeros+Phantom Pain aren't getting Wii U ports either.

Konami has been but turned on Ninty. :c

Gah, why can't Konami do a few simple things, such as bring Metal Gear to the Wii U, make another decent 2D Castlevania, or make another Bomberman game that isn't a gritty XBox reboot?

Morbi

Scavenger
I honestly think that Lucas would be a rational cut too. However, the most logical cut is Pokemon Trainer (BY FAR). It just makes sense to cut 1 slot for the price of (about) 4 characters. There is no denying it. They could always keep Charizard (which stands for almost everything Pokemon Trainer represents) and add a SERIOUSLY neglected Pokemon such as Meowth. Not only would we clean up Pokemon, but we would also reduce the saturation.

Ulti-Bman

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0318-7834-6568
This is where I'm sitting right now:

View attachment 4557

My room could be loosely considered a comic store. And this is just one shelf. The other end of my bookcase is sorted Alphabetically by titles in DC, Darkhorse and Marvel Comics on separate shelves. Not to mention the top shelf with dvds ranging from Futurama to Death Note and various TMNT and Batman action figures. "Smartest Nerd in the Comic Book Store" was not an inflammatory remark, it was me saying (and in my own snarky way, yes) that any one of you is no smarter than me, or anyone else for that matter, and belittling people with a parade of "SUCK IT TOAD FANS" posts, was becoming increasingly infuriating. I wasn't pining for "likes" by any means. You can all take your likes back, I don't need them. There are just too many loud voices and huge egos in here at any given point, and I was just trying to see if my words might stand up to some of you for just a moment. I just meant that we're all nerds here on some level or another, stop acting like you're freakin' Nostradamus and thus killing the hopes of good people. (Not you specifically BKupa).

That's all I have to say.
When I first saw your quote, I thought you were referring to yourself as the Almighty Mewtwo staring me down on top of the bookshelf..... *shudders*

Espio264

Smash Ace
When I first saw your quote, I thought you were referring to yourself as the Almighty Mewtwo staring me down on top of the bookshelf..... *shudders*
I am THE ALMIGHTY MEWTWO! Tremble before me inferior beasts!

Nah, but seriously, I'm not.

Ulti-Bman

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0318-7834-6568
What if characters got alternate outfits based on the stage you fought at? Just like Mario Party 2?

It would be like the characters suiting up and getting prepared for the conditions that they'll be fighting in.

On a side note, I want a stage where you fight in a blizzard, and the characters are wearing parkas and snow gear. :awesome:
This isn't Naruto, man....

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I honestly think that Lucas would be a rational cut too. However, the most logical cut is Pokemon Trainer (BY FAR). It just makes sense to cut 1 slot for the price of (about) 4 characters. There is no denying it. They could always keep Charizard (which stands for almost everything Pokemon Trainer represents) and add a SERIOUSLY neglected Pokemon such as Meowth. Not only would we clean up Pokemon, but we would also reduce the saturation.

I'm a big Lucas and Mother 3 fan, so I think I'd probably freak out and remake that one scene where the Pig Masks bomb the forest in real life. As for Pokemon Trainer, I'd keep him mainly due to being 3 characters in one (I've never played Pokemon, so there's no nostalgia with Red) but I would not object to seeing Meowth finally enter Smash Bros.

Ulti-Bman

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0318-7834-6568

Lucas isn't all bad. He's a hell of a lot better than Ness, and far less cloney than the likes of Ganondorf and Falco.
B-B-Better than Ness?! IT CAN'T BE! My Western upbringing blinds me to the portrayal of the characters in their actually series......BUT NESS IS BEST! Behind Kirby and Snorlax (:happysheep:), of course.

Ulti-Bman

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0318-7834-6568
That doesn't even make any sense, considering Wario is representing Wario Ware, and Waluigi isn't in any Wario Ware games to my knowledge.

But yeah I don't expect new mario characters. Honestly though I don't know what to expect anymore.
I wrote that half-seriously, half-comically. I don't expect new Mario reps either, but I think Waluigi will get in somehow. I was doubting myself (hence the miniature font) but also was being optimistic at the same time, hoping Sakurai would blindly shoehorn Waluigi with Wario since they oppose the Mario Bros.

Ulti-Bman

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0318-7834-6568
There is no damn cap. Can't believe people still think there is. We had 5 in Melee! We had 5 planned for Brawl (in addition to Zelda and Pokemon having five planned - at least).

And no, as evidenced by Brawl, Waluigi would be a Mario character. Assuming he doesn't make an appearance in a Wario game before Smash 4 releases (which he won't).
Ehhhh , okay then....:urg:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Alrighty people, GO FORTH AND DEBATE OVER ZELDA TOMORROW!

MaskO' out!

Ulti-Bman

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0318-7834-6568
Naruto? What does Naruto got to do with this?

They didn't invent changing outfits to suit the conditions, or the theme of the level.

You can pull that from plenty of other sources.
It seems you missed the joke, five words (technically four): Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3. Need more explanation?

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
So, Zelda/Sheik or Ganondorf tomorrow? Sounds good. Can't wait to see Sakurai do nothing. :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom