• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Hey, Ridley is actually highly intelligent! He is also 100% natural (unless we're talking Other Ridley or Ridley X who are clones), so he's not a mutant either!

Either way, I share the frustration on the "too big" deal, both as an argument and a joke.

But to hear bout him every day? Maybe I should up the anti on that Lady Palutena to even the score, and yes I know he's intelligent and killed Samus's parents. -.-

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
But to hear bout him every day? Maybe I should up the anti on that Lady Palutena to even the score, and yes I know he's intelligent and killed Samus's parents. -.-
I was just joking around :p

Either way, the reason Ridley is mentioned on here every day is pretty much because he has been wanted so much for so long, but he's still a somewhat controversial character. In that regard, be glad that Palutena isn't mentioned everywhere every day.

SD Grandmaster Hero

Smash Apprentice
And Ridley is completely different from Charizard. I mean I guess if you want to generalize that they're both dragons with wings?

But Mario and Captain Falcon are both humans with headgear.
You're comparing characters we have played as. No one has ever played as Ridley in Smash so there's no way to know. I just don't see how Ridley could be much different from Charizard.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I was just joking around :p

Either way, the reason Ridley is mentioned on here every day is pretty much because he has been wanted so much for so long, but he's still a somewhat controversial character. In that regard, be glad that Palutena isn't mentioned everywhere every day.

I suppose, but every day is like beating a dead horse. Much of us Light supporters are patient, waiting for our Uprising. Then again I rather have her hype at a stable level til she appears. *shrugs*

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
You're comparing characters we have played as. No one has ever played as Ridley in Smash so there's no way to know. I just don't see how Ridley could be much different from Charizard.
Play just about any Metroid game and you'll probably see. Just to give a short summary of how it would likely turn out: Charizard is clumsy in the air but packs a punch on ground, Ridley would be opposite of that in terms of playstyle.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Let's sit here and do a side by side comparison. Charizard. Ridley.http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/7/7e/006Charizard.png

Charizard being more like a close-ranged powerhouse like Bowser, Ridley would pretty easily be a more mid-ranged and/or air-based powerhouse. But you're probably going to look at those pictures and see the same thing twice, and this isn't the thread for this anyway.

SD Grandmaster Hero

Smash Apprentice
If you really want to lie to yourself and believe that, you go right ahead. It would be more like a Squirtle / Bowser thing, but you'll do whatever you want regardless.
What I meant by the Falcon/Ganon thing was that Falcon and Ganon are similar, especially in Melee. But Falcon is fast and weaker but Ganon is slow but stronger. Charizard would be more like Ganon and Ridley would be more like Falcon.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
If you really want to lie to yourself and believe that, you go right ahead. It would be more like a Squirtle / Bowser thing, but you'll do whatever you want regardless.
Honestly I feel like squirtle being a Bower clone would still be less of a stretch than Gannondorf being a C. Falcon clone.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Honestly I feel like squirtle being a Bower clone would still be less of a stretch than Gannondorf being a C. Falcon clone.
The issue is that Ganondorf is still on the far clone end in Brawl, behind Toon Link and Falco, with some 15 moves shared with Captain Falcon.

You know what, that's something I hope to see in this game. Ganondorf being less Captain Falcon. Because Squirtle and Bowser being clones makes more sense, but didn't happen. Hell, Wolf got thrown in at the last minute in Brawl and is still one of the least clone-y characters in the game. But Ganondorf insists on showing his moves.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I'm honestly expecting something like this on December 11th to mark six months from when SSB4 was officially announced. I expect this because they kind of did this with Brawl and showed a new trailer in November 2006 at Nintendo World.
A Smash Direct would probably be too much, but I'm pretty sure too we'll see some new footage around Christmas. I only think it will probably be a 30-minute Direct about multiple titles.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I suppose, but every day is like beating a dead horse. Much of us Light supporters are patient, waiting for our Uprising. Then again I rather have her hype at a stable level til she appears. *shrugs*
I think there are special circumstances around Palutena support that leads to this as well. Many Kid Icarus fans like Palutena, but would actually prefer Viridi or/and Hades, since they are far and away the two best characters in KIU (in my opinion and the opinions of many others). I still love Palutena, and I know that she is the only character that stands a chance from the Kid Icarus franchise (and rightfully so), but I am not super vocal about my support of her since she's really my third choice. I've spoken to fellow KI fans who have shared the sentiment, so it's at least something to consider.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I think there are special circumstances around Palutena support that leads to this as well. Many Kid Icarus fans like Palutena, but would actually prefer Viridi or/and Hades, since they are far and away the two best characters in KIU (in my opinion and the opinions of many others). I still love Palutena, and I know that she is the only character that stands a chance from the Kid Icarus franchise (and rightfully so), but I am not super vocal about my support of her since she's really my third choice. I've spoken to fellow KI fans who have shared the sentiment, so it's at least something to consider.

My view is that Palutena gets first priority of being 2nd KI rep, no exceptions, provided KI does get one, and I could give my reasoning behind this though. I won't be bashing one for liking certain characters more than others, but I may occasionally feel a bit strange about wanting certain ones playable, at least over others. Now Assist Trophies, I may understand. I can't really say much atm, but we'll see next month. That's when I hope to be even more active.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'd honestly prefer Medusa by a significant margin, but I'd be okay with Palutena and Hades.

Magnus and Dark Pit are another story.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
I'd also love to have Medusa in, if only because she would increase both the female and villain representatives.

But I support Palutena, I think her being playable would be pretty exciting, moveset-wise. Plus, she's a lady. :colorful:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
A Smash Direct would probably be too much, but I'm pretty sure too we'll see some new footage around Christmas. I only think it will probably be a 30-minute Direct about multiple titles.

I meant a trailer. A whole Direct? Oh yeah, that'd be over-the-top despite it easily being Nintendo's biggest game for 2014 and arguably the Wii U. Like I said, probably a 3 minute trailer that reveals a bunch of new stages and one newcomer.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
it just accrued to me but remember how I said on Friday for Zelda for link between worlds release or little mac on Thursday for the punch out anniversary

I just relized a character who can present for Thursdays smash bros melee anniversary if sakurai confirms a character tomorrow for melee anniversary

0:27 0:30

Ridley can present for super smash bros melee anniversary because of him in the intro I mean after all he is smaller in the melee intro

but without a doubt don't even think this because of mostly revealing veterans

Ulti-Bman

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0318-7834-6568
The thing I feel about Lost World is that its gonna probably kinda fade out of relevancy, in a similar way that the Storybook Sonic games have. So looking ahead its kinda weird to think, of all Sonic games featured in Smash, its Lost World.
You have to remember that Lost World is heavily based on the "retro" themes of the older games in the series. So, you could easily argue that it's practically an updated version of the old Zone 1 layout levels. It fits the general theme of Sonic easily. It'd be kind of like getting a stage from Generations or the 16/32-bit games.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
So... either today or tomorrow we have a good chance of seeing a character.

What I could see happen is Zelda being revealed tomorrow for the Melee anniversary, and then a pic of her on Friday for ALBW. It's a bit of wishful thinking, but anything is possible. I'd be happy just to see any character.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I am having a difficult time actually expecting anything, but I'd definitely like to see more returning veterans at the very least.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
it just accrued to me but remember how I said on Friday for Zelda for link between worlds release or little mac on Thursday for the punch out anniversary

I just relized a character who can present for Thursdays smash bros melee anniversary if sakurai confirms a character tomorrow for melee anniversary

Ridley can present for super smash bros melee anniversary because of him in the intro I mean after all he is smaller in the melee intro

but without a doubt don't even think this because of mostly revealing veterans

Dude no offense but that was really hard for me to read grammatically and emotionally.

But I get the jist of it - there are a lot of anniversaries. And games being released.
Points our noses to something coming. But the only reason I doubt it is it is too obvious for Sakurai to do. When have we really predicted something off of prior knowledge?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
No one has ever played any of this game's newcomers, so any of them might be similar to any of the game's veterans.

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
Why did everyone suddenly forget the one-character-a-month thing? Yeah, sure, we got 2 characters in September, but what are the chances of that happening again?

shtahp givin urselvz fals hoep guize. jeeeeeeeeeeeeE3e3E3e3e3eeez

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019

0:27 0:30

Not Bad.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom