• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
I've learned to have zero expectations with reveals for Smash 4. That way, I'll never be disappointed.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Fake POTD 8.png

SIDE NOTE: The only characters left for me to make as of now are Mario, Samus, Olimar, and Villager. I finished Pit up an hour ago.

majora_787

Smash Hero
It's hard for me to not expect aanything or expect the worst. I guess I'll just set myself up for disappointment when Pink isn't really playable in the final version.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
So guys my computer is going through a phase where it won't let me edit the first post, so I'll update it when I can. I'm surprised it let me post this.

Networker1

Smash Journeyman
MY DEAR SIR, SCIENCE NEVER READS TOO DEEP BECAUSE SCIENCE

Basically, (I am never going to use that word ever again, stupid verbal tics and filler language!)
Isn't "ever," when used in this sense, a filler word?
When read without, it means the same thing: (I am never going to use that word again, stupid verbal tics and filler language!)

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Isn't "ever," when used in this sense, a filler word?
When read without, it means the same thing: (I am never going to use that word again, stupid verbal tics and filler language!)
No, it's redundant. Wait, yes? No, the difference between filler and redundant is filler being something used specifically to take up space, or, in the case of 'basically', to try and make the other person feel like this is something that makes sense, as well as give the sayer a feeling of justification. Redundancy is just when something is inappropriately said multiple times such as 'never ever' or 'PIN number'. Another example of filler is in the previous sentence, the word 'very' adds nothing.

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
Am I the only one who, right as we're about to get a pic, goes onto the official site and scrolls down as fast as I can to see who's at the bottom row? Ever since Sonic was revealed, it was Pikachu, Bowser, and Pit, but when, out of the blue, Fox was down there... I peed myself. New character confirmed.

It's pretty hype... DON'T JUDGE ME.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace

"Pic of the day. The giant wind mill in the right-hand side of Windy Hill. It keeps on turning even though it can't fit in the screen, so you'll find yourself in trouble if you're on it for too long."

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Hmm, the pic is on Miiverse but not on the website.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Well that's interesting. I am kind of curious how the whole stage is actually set up, but mysteries. Mysteries of zoomed in screenshots.

DeadlyAllianceLeader

Smash Apprentice
NNID
n64by44
3DS FC
1547-5288-9488
NICE! <8//) I won't assume, but it sounds like a stage that stays Idle, with the Windmill always on the right side being said, that is. From the trailers, it's also been shown to have sloped platforms. Do you guys think it will implement similar Gravity mechanics as Gateway Galaxy?

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
The thing I feel about Lost World is that its gonna probably kinda fade out of relevancy, in a similar way that the Storybook Sonic games have. So looking ahead its kinda weird to think, of all Sonic games featured in Smash, its Lost World.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Every stage shown so far just seems a lot less invasive than Brawl's stages. I'm pretty okay with it.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The stages in this game are so big...

I wonder what this means....

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
My favorite stage in Brawl was Mario Brothers because it basically completely changes how you play the game which I find to be nice after a long string of normal matches. It's almost like a minigame. I'd like to see a couple stages like that.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
There is absolutely zero reason to think that a moving platform going in and out of the playable area would warrant a stage ban.

That being said, this is interesting, but it's hard to really grasp the significance of it without understanding the greater context of how this stage is going to play. Is it just a huge static stage with the windmill on the side, is it a scroller, and what exactly is the geography? Is this platform even useful? I can't really imagine hanging out on a moving platform near both the top and side blastzones that regularly goes away would be a good tactic for any character, but perhaps it makes sense within the context of the rest of the stage. I look forward to seeing more of this stage to be able to piece all this together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom