• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul.

It looks like Ghirahim is an Assist Trophy. That's fine, I guess.
Sorry, Ghirahim supporters.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
I'll be the next to say that I'm sorry for all of the Ghirahim supporters who wanted him playable. I know that he was the most popular choice for a sixth Zelda representative, but Assist Trophy is still a very good status. He could easily have just been a trophy next to Fi. Maybe his popularity and essence in the Zelda universe will only grow from here, making him a good choice for Smash 5.

Waluridleykryrool

Smash Journeyman
Correction, at least Ghirahim was in a main series game of his respective franchise.
And isn't a ripoff of an original character.

I HATE waluigi. HATE him.

And thats coming from Jabba.
AH HELL NAH, you did not insult my boy waluigi, get yo salty ass outta here hater.

Anyway back on topic, this scenario is remarkably similar to that of zant prior to brawl, only difference (that i can see) being ghirahim at least got an assist, not sure zant even got a trophy.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
My condolences to the Ghirahim supporters Except the salty ones who pin their anger and blame on Toon Link.....

Oh well, at least he's a pretty cool assist trophy. c:

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
As previously stated, I think The Legend of Zelda is getting pretty much ideal representation here. We've got four confirmed veterans, with Ganondorf surely on the way, leaked or not. Not to mention three unique stages, a plethora of potential musical pieces, several new items, and a group of iconic Assist Trophies. I'm not going to lie and say that another fighter wouldn't be nice. Impa has potential, and I'd reeeeeally like to see Vaati, but. I think we're getting what's sufficient. I don't even care if Mario or Pokemon have more characters.

However, I don't think this affects the statuses of K. Rool or, especially, Ridley. There's still so much going in their favor, so I see no reason to worry.

Last edited:

HohnTTD

Smash Cadet
I don't mean this in any malicious intent towards supporters but I think Assist Trophy status is a deserving role. Like Midna, he was only a one-off character. I'm glad to see him.

If we were to get a Zelda newcomer, I think the most likely choices would either be Ganon or more likely (in my opinion) Tetra. I'd be happy with either.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Impa is a tough choice cause her character is constanly changing each game.

1st choice is Ocarina of time which is ight but she seems like someone Sakurai would consider bland and outdated

2n choice is Skyward Sword but she is just a Sheik homage.

Last choice is her recent appearence in HW, this would be a great choice to represent the new pseudoZelda game and she can attack with a gaint swo......... dammint never mind.

The only other incarnation of her that I can think of is....

Wait what......

OH GOD NO!!!!!!

Last edited:
As previously stated, I think The Legend of Zelda is getting pretty much ideal representation here. We've got four confirmed veterans, with Ganondorf surely on the way, leaked or not. Not to mention three unique stages, a plethora of potential musical pieces, several new items, and a group of iconic Assist Trophies. I'm not going to lie and say that another fighter wouldn't be nice. Impa has potential, and I'd reeeeeally like to see Vaati, but. I think we're getting what's sufficient. I don't even care if Mario or Pokemon have more characters.

However, I don't think this affects the statuses of K. Rool or, especially, Ridley. There's still so much going in their favor, so I see no reason to worry.
As far as Zelda representation goes I think Ganon would make the representation pretty perfect. The Zelda series has a ton of great characters but two versions of the Triforce holders feels about right to me: Link/Toon Link. Zelda/Shiek, Ganon/Ganondorf. All represent a different part of Zelda equally, without the fear of dipping into the flavor of the month character and having people feel shafted. Of course if half of those weren't stuck in "Clone for no reason" territory this argument would hold a lot more water.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

1st choice is Ocrina which is ight but she seems like someone Sakurai would consider bland and outdated

2n choice is Skyward but she is just a Sheik homage.

Last choice is her recent appearence in HW, this would be a great choice to represent the new pseudoZelda game and she can attack with a gaint swo......... dammint never mind.

Wait what......

OH GOD NO!!!!!!
But.... she can use cows.....
:upsidedown:
As far as Zelda representation goes I think Ganon would make the representation pretty perfect. The Zelda series has a ton of great characters but two versions of the Triforce holders feels about right to me: Link/Toon Link. Zelda/Shiek, Ganon/Ganondorf. All represent a different part of Zelda equally, without the fear of dipping into the flavor of the month character and having people feel shafted. Of course if half of those weren't stuck in "Clone for no reason" territory this argument would hold a lot more water.
I'd love to see Ganon. I think he'd be a good choice imo. c:

Last edited:

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
shhh

it's ok

have a hug

In all seriousness, the amount of Assist Trophies that could be fighters next time is outstanding. We've gotten:

-Ashley
-Dark Samus
-Dillon
-Ghirahim
-Isabelle
-Knuckle Joe
-Lyn
-Magnus
-Midna
-Sable Prince
-Saki
-Goroh
-Skull Kid
-Starfy
-Takamaru
-Tingle
-Waluigi

ALL of them could be unique characters. This is going to be one of the greatest character games in the world, like Sakurai said.
As a kirby fan, Knuckle Joe does NOT deserve to be on that list. There are other better characters. Mainly Bandana Dee, but Adeleine, Marx, Magolor, and Prince Fluff could happen afterwards...

Staarih

Smash Master
Damn, I thought Ghirahim could have been an interesting character. Sorry to the supporters!

And Kalos League yet again without further explanations. It's becoming the new Pyrosphere!

Last edited:

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
Ganon would be a great choice, and I'd love to see him. I just worry that you'd run into Ridley's size issue, only even worse. They'd also likely have to give Ganondorf a new Final Smash. He'd likely have an awesome trident and magic-focused moveset, though, so I'd kill to play as him.

I'd still prefer to see Vaati, though. :/ If only because I think the Four Swords sub-series is criminally underrated and deserves representation in Smash.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
As a kirby fan, Knuckle Joe does NOT deserve to be on that list. There are other better characters. Mainly Bandana Dee, but Adeleine, Marx, Magolor, and Prince Fluff could happen afterwards...
Trust me, I'm only pointing out possibilities. Waddle Dee gets priority over anybody IMO. But Knuckle Joe has plenty of unique attacks n' stuff to use.

TylerBlackRunIt

I'm from YouTube
3DS FC
2509-3601-8302
I don't mean this in any malicious intent towards supporters but I think Assist Trophy status is a deserving role. Like Midna, he was only a one-off character. I'm glad to see him.

If we were to get a Zelda newcomer, I think the most likely choices would either be Ganon or more likely (in my opinion) Tetra. I'd be happy with either.
or Impa :smirk:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
...Oh
now we have 2 Zelda one-off villains as assist trophies.
Can I have my Zant as an assist trophy AT LEAST please? Still predicting that tomorrow will have Kraid of course

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
I dunno why people really thought Ghirahim had a chance. Yeah he is unique in a way and was the main villain of Skyward Sword. However he was only in one game. To me a character being in only on game in a series that has as many games as it does doesn't really warrant a playable character in Smash. I wouldn't of minded if he was in, but i just never really even thought he had a shot at being playable. But then again Sakurai makes random crazy decisions.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, looks like all the fabulousness in the world couldn't save him. Farewell, Ghirahim.

My condolences to his fabulous supporters.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
He obviously wasn't Fabulous enough

He's only Faux Fabulous

Edit: He's Fauxbulous

Last edited:

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
He looks good at least. Honestly, I really didn't think he was going to make it, especially considering the designs of Link and Zelda. This only increases Ganondorf's likelihood (which was already insanely high).

But, anyway, I shall make my rounds to his support thread and share my condolences.

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
I dunno why people really thought Ghirahim had a chance. Yeah he is unique in a way and was the main villain of Skyward Sword. However he was only in one game. To me a character being in only on game in a series that has as many games as it does doesn't really warrant a playable character in Smash. I wouldn't of minded if he was in, but i just never really even thought he had a shot at being playable. But then again Sakurai makes random crazy decisions.

This was my thinking up until we got Robin & Lucina. And vaguely when Sheik returned as a stand-alone character. Though at least Sheik is now in Hyrule Warriors, then again, so is Ghirahim. So go be fair, Ghirahim's in two games. One of which he is playable.

I never wanted/expected him, but I opened up to the possibility once I realized Sakurai's perfectly content adding one-offs.

Espio264

Smash Ace
I never supported Ghirahim. I never understood the fascination with him. That being said, he looks great and would have made an infinitely much better character than Dark Pit.

Tonydrake

Smash Apprentice
Well, I never thought Ghirahim would be playable. I expected him as an Assist Trophy, and that's what he is. My condolences to Ghirahim's supporters

There's still a chance for a Zelda newcomer: Impa, she would be a great choice

Last edited:

JForseti

Smash Journeyman

1st choice is Ocarina of time which is ight but she seems like someone Sakurai would consider bland and outdated

2n choice is Skyward Sword but she is just a Sheik homage.

Wait what......

OH GOD NO!!!!!!
Thankfully this is not Street Fighter x Tekken

Ai <3 Punk

Smash Rookie
NNID
Aipunk
3DS FC
3883-6832-1213
Thankfully this is not Street Fighter x Tekken

man i forgot about box art mega man and packujin. i'm so glad they wont see another game again (hopefully i didnt jinx it)

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
And down goes another megaton... 16 updates left to go. On the upside, at least Ghirahim is playable in Hyrule Warriors which is a lot more than can be said about Skull Kid and Vaati, who were basically in his place during the Brawl era as far as Zelda characters go.

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
Can't say I'm saddened by the loss of another Zelda character; there is none I desire as a newcomer, and Ghirahim was the absolute epitome "What the hell? Why?" concerning the idea of being playable. I don't see the point in any new Zelda characters, to be honest, and it will always be Ganondorf or bust in regards to villains.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Can't say I'm saddened by the loss of another Zelda character; there is none I desire as a newcomer, and Ghirahim was the absolute epitome "What the hell? Why?" concerning the idea of being playable. I don't see the point in any new Zelda characters, to be honest, and it will always be Ganondorf or bust in regards to villains.
Tetra deserves a shot at the roster, maybe? Given that Toon Link is around, and given that Sheik is still here despite having only been in one main-series game. She could use all sorts of pirate-y tools, like a grappling hook to steal your held item or equipped badge.

Doc.Pringles

Smash Cadet
On the upside...Sakurai has an incredibly upset fanbase to please quick! This means Friday character unveil!

Between Ghirahim fans and and this leak that just doesn't want to be killed, we're all getting uneasy a little too near launch, and Sakurai WILL look to control this fast. He just..needed to troll us a few more times first.

Also, I'm fully expecting one last *huge* pickup (Krool/Ridley). I'd include Mewtwo, but seeing how he's a veteran, he shouldn't have to be an ace in the sleeve.

Seriously, if you think Sakurai doesn't have at least one last huge reveal to boost hype before release, you're in for a surprise. ...I hope.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom