• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
To the person who asked how many ATs Brawl had:

Brawl had 27-28 Assist Trophies.

Smash 4 currently has 31, with about 15 returning from Brawl. If every AT returns (sans Little Mac [who was promoted to playable] and Gray Fox [who faces the same issues as Snake]), we could be looking at 42-43 ATs, possibly even more if more new ATs are confirmed.

On the topic of Ghirahim, do note that if Sakurai sees nothing unique and fun about a character, then there's no point to his or her playable inclusion. We may see it, but Sakurai's decision will override ours.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
a reminder sakurai said the assist trophies played a part in the allstar mode in the smash4 direct

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Well look who was right. I said Ghirahim wasn't gonna be playable... and here we are with Ghirahim confirmed not playable.
You wearen't right at all. ^^ You can't have known he wouldn't have been playable Before this, so even if you said "He won't be", you were technically lying.

:p

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
You wearen't right at all. ^^ You can't have known he wouldn't have been playable Before this, so even if you said "He won't be", you were technically lying.

:p
Nope. He was never gonna playable in Smash Bros. I used logic to come out with the correct answer. I knew he was either gonna be an assist or not in at all.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Nope. He was never gonna playable in Smash Bros. I used logic to come out with the correct answer. I knew he was either gonna be an assist or not in at all.
I came to the same conclusion. It was always fascinating to see how many people thought he was going to be playable when everything inside my head told me that he never stood a chance. I know that it's still pretty devastating to his fans though.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Pfh, Smash speculation is a guessing game, nothing more. I really don't get the fanbase's obsession with being 'right'.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Thing is the Big three: Ridley, k Rool, Mewtwo, shouldn't be relegated to ATs. They have to be a playable character.
FTFY
I'm really scared about these characters, though, any day Sakurai could just show a pic and disconfirm them just like that.

Pic of the Day, "Did you know there are bosses in Smash Run? Here's King K. Rool, from the Donkey Kong Country series!"

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Weird as it sounds, I would have liked to see Ghirahim playable in Smash 4, but I'm not too shaken up by it either. I think he's a fun and weirdly unique villain, but he's also not been around long enough to really warrant being in a fighting game with Nintendo's all stars.

Then again... same could be said for Shulk...

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Weird as it sounds, I would have liked to see Ghirahim playable in Smash 4, but I'm not too shaken up by it either. I think he's a fun and weirdly unique villain, but he's also not been around long enough to really warrant being in a fighting game with Nintendo's all stars.

...and Greninja, Lucina and Robin.

Lucas and Lucario were very new when Brawl released, so being "new" isn't an issue.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero

And Greninja. And Robin/Lucina. <--- Except they got in. Skyward Sword's been out longer than their original games.

So longetivity isn't really the issue.

Edit: ^ Blast! You :4greninja: my post AND my words. :l

Last edited:

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
Ghirahim was my pic for most likely Zelda newcomer by a good margin.

I thought they'd start a trend of having the main antagonist from the most recent console Zelda playable, so Ghirahim in Smash 4, then whoever the Zelda Wii U villain will be in Smash 5.

This is also about as big a disconfirmation as you can get without getting into the Big 3 or characters "confirmed" in the leak going on right now.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Please don't act like you knew Ghirahim wouldn't be playable. No one KNEW it until this Pic was posted. ^^ Thus, if you said "He won't be playable" you can't technically be right, and it would technically be a lie since you didn't actually know it. If you had said "I don't Think he will be playable", then it would not have been a lie.

Plus, what I said was for comical purposes, so please don't Think I said that to try to argue. :p I mean, it doesn't matter anyways.

Also, predicting a character reveal tomorrow.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Woah, Ghirahim!! I like you, but if my Midna wasn't playable then you CERTAINLY are NOT.

As an AT?

Donalp15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Donalp15
I just want this leak sorted out so calling a veteran reveal for tommorrow, since Wario is the most likely veteran to be announced, I hope he graces us with his presence.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
I just want this leak sorted out so calling a veteran reveal for tommorrow, since Wario is the most likely veteran to be announced, I hope he graces us with his presence.
I'm dying to see Wario. I hope they modified his moveset a bit. I love Wario, but I really don't like his fighting style.

Also, if the artwork matches the leak, we'll have a confirmation. And if it doesn't match, even better.

Donalp15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Donalp15
I'm dying to see Wario. I hope they modified his moveset a bit. I love Wario, but I really don't like his fighting style.

Also, if the artwork matches the leak, we'll have a confirmation. And if it doesn't match, even better.
Off topic but I liked Warios moveset, especially the bike. Could care less about the Bite though.

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
Please don't act like you knew Ghirahim wouldn't be playable. No one KNEW it until this Pic was posted.
What are you on about, we already know the full roster. :troll:

I'm positive Sakurai is gonna use at least one PotD to trick us into believing the leak is fake. Maybe show a starting roster where the names are still under the pictures. Or maybe confirm a new character with a different artwork than shown in the leak. There has to happen something thanks to a PotD that makes this forum go full ******. I got high hopes for tomorrows pic, my body is Reggie.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589

I'm positive Sakurai is gonna use at least one PotD to trick us into believing the leak is fake. Maybe show a starting roster where the names are still under the pictures. Or maybe confirm a new character with a different artwork than shown in the leak. There has to happen something thanks to a PotD that makes this forum go full ******. I got high hopes for tomorrows pic, my body is Reggie.
I doubt he's even aware of it.

Predicting trailer confirmation for Monday and a stage.

Last edited:
NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
I doubt he's even aware of it.

Predicting trailer confirmation for Monday and a stage.
I'm pretty sure Sakurai's minionsemployees check some forums and online comments and make suggestions to his masterboss on what to post the next day.

And I'm expecting an important announcement soon. It's about time.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master

Well, the leak gives the possibility that there will be either Ghirahim, Impa or Demise as a character, so Point stands. :p

And well, I do Think that tomorrow will, in fact, either confirm (most likely) or disconfirm the leak somehow. I expect a character or stage.

D

Deleted member

To be fair, they were both one-time villains (aside from non-canon spin-off appearances).
So...instead of worrying about K. Rool, there's still Tiki Tong and Lord Fredrik to take the fall, and instead of Ridley, there's MB, the thing from Hunters, SA-X, etc. :troll:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I'm pretty sure Sakurai's minionsemployees check some forums and online comments and make suggestions to his masterboss on what to post the next day.

And I'm expecting an important announcement soon. It's about time.
Maybe, but if that were the case he would have killed Gematsu sooner. They could have just stepped things up since then, I suppose.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
To be fair, they were both one-time villains (aside from non-canon spin-off appearances).
So...instead of worrying about K. Rool, there's still Tiki Tong and Lord Fredrik to take the fall, and instead of Ridley, there's MB, the thing from Hunters, SA-X, etc. :troll:
Does Tiki Tong even have a support thread here?

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Uhh.....wasn't Ghirahim literally disconfirmed today?
inb4itwastechnicallyyesterday
That was bad wording from my part, sorry. I just meant that the leak would indicate one of those Three being in, but that Ghirahim is obviously not one of them now. ^^

I'm just glad his tongue is as smexy and disturbing as Always.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Please don't act like you knew Ghirahim wouldn't be playable. No one KNEW it until this Pic was posted. ^^ Thus, if you said "He won't be playable" you can't technically be right, and it would technically be a lie since you didn't actually know it. If you had said "I don't Think he will be playable", then it would not have been a lie.

Plus, what I said was for comical purposes, so please don't Think I said that to try to argue. :p I mean, it doesn't matter anyways.

Also, predicting a character reveal tomorrow.
Im crossing my fingers for a character reveal tomorrow

I hope to see if those boxes are correct or not.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I'm slightly hoping Vaati appears in some fashion since he is more of Toon Link's antagonist.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I doubt we'll see a character reveal.

However, if Sakurai wants to end the madness that has been the new leak he'll show off a character tomorrow. I sadly doubt it though.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I'm expecting anything that won't affect the leak. If I had to predict anything, it would say something about Smash Run.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
You know what'd debunk the leak and still probably make people upset?
In all honesty though I don't see us getting a veteran reveal tonight. Don't know why, just don't feel it. Might be because of how recent MK was revealed. If we get one then sweet but I don't see it happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom