• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashiny

Smash Journeyman
You know what'd debunk the leak and still probably make people upset?
In all honesty though I don't see us getting a veteran reveal tonight. Don't know why, just don't feel it. Might be because of how recent MK was revealed. If we get one then sweet but I don't see it happening.
Haha if they could make him work this time I wouldn't mind him, the more characters the merrier :p...

They could easily implement a great trade-off between self-damage and his attacks, something à la lucario... :p

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Haha if they could make him work this time I wouldn't mind him, the more characters the merrier :p...

They could easily implement a great trade-off between self-damage and his attacks, something à la lucario... :p
I'd like if Pichu's Final Smash were Volt Tackle the way it works in the Pokémon anime!

Last edited:

Glaze_

Smash Cadet
NNID
ItsGlaze
3DS FC
2595-1893-0903
Since we got 2 POTDs with Link in it, maybe we'll get an announcement for a Zelda character reveal? Or a Direct with a Zelda character? They could easily make a Zelda trailer bringing back Ganondorf and introduce *cough*Tetra*cough*

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
We only have three WarioWridays left. Hoping for the best

Getting out the you know what for the 100th time

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Since we got 2 POTDs with Link in it, maybe we'll get an announcement for a Zelda character reveal? Or a Direct with a Zelda character? They could easily make a Zelda trailer bringing back Ganondorf and introduce *cough*Tetra*cough*
I support this. I want to see Ganondorf as soon as possible. Also I wouldn't mind having Tetra or Vaati now that Ghirahim is out. The "serious" Zelda games already have enough representation, the "cartoony" ones need more love!

LightningVance

Smash Apprentice
So there's 23 days left, and only 16 pic of the days left before release... and I'm assuming Sakurai would at least reveal the entire starting roster before release (I mean it's going to be up in a matter of seconds of the release anyway what would be the point of keeping it secret?) so hypothetically, "leaks" aside and not cuts are made, we still have Lucas, Ice Climbers and Wario that were starters in the previous game, plus any new characters that could potentially be unlockable as well...

I just feel as if one character a week from now until release really ISN'T that far out of the realm of possibility...

(in other news holy dang only 23 days!)

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
So there's 23 days left, and only 16 pic of the days left before release... and I'm assuming Sakurai would at least reveal the entire starting roster before release (I mean it's going to be up in a matter of seconds of the release anyway what would be the point of keeping it secret?) so hypothetically, "leaks" aside and not cuts are made, we still have Lucas, Ice Climbers and Wario that were starters in the previous game, plus any new characters that could potentially be unlockable as well...

I just feel as if one character a week from now until release really ISN'T that far out of the realm of possibility...

well dont be too suprised when you see luigi isnt on the starting roster

Loungemen

Smash Journeyman

He revealed the starting roster for Brawl before release. Here's hoping he might this time.

LightningVance

Smash Apprentice
well dont be too suprised when you see luigi isnt on the starting roster
he's never been on the starting roster, I'm aware of that, I'm just saying I'm surprised if we won't have the starting roster (including some unlockables) by the time of release because it's not like they'll be hidden and revealed as soon as the game hits eShop

Edit: Well nevermind then!

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
he's never been on the starting roster, I'm aware of that, I'm just saying I'm surprised if we won't have the starting roster (including some unlockables) by the time of release because it's not like they'll be hidden and revealed as soon as the game hits eShop

Edit: Well nevermind then!
ya sorry about that im doing multiple things at a time right now

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
To be fair, they were both one-time villains (aside from non-canon spin-off appearances).
So...instead of worrying about K. Rool, there's still Tiki Tong and Lord Fredrik to take the fall, and instead of Ridley, there's MB, the thing from Hunters, SA-X, etc. :troll:
SA-X is already playable. :troll:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Alright so the other day when I went on my little overtired rant I mentioned that I would get numbers to show how 'over repped' the Kid Icarus series is.
Here's my results from pictures alone:
2 Playable characters
Pit
Palutena
Similar menus 7/25
3 Items
Daybreak 8/5 (2pics)
Ore Club 3/26
X Bomb 8/16
3 Smash Run enemies
Orne 5/1
(4/17) KI:U enemy
Mimicutie 8/20
2 (3)Stages
Palutena's Temple (there's a Palutena statue here and some of these may or may not be the FD version) 1/29, 4/1, 4/30, 5/21, 6/13, 7/28 (?) Shown 6 (5?) times
Bomb Forest (Viridi appears here) 7/23, 8/1, 8/27, 10/21, 1/23 Shown 5 times
2 Trophies
Phosphora 3/21 (2pics), One of Palutena's official site pictures
Viridi 8/7
Pictures Pit is in
6/19 2013
7/8 2013
7/23 2013
7/24 2013
8/1 2013
8/22 2013
9/4
9/6
10/9
10/22
11/1
12/16
1/30
3/26
3/27
5/9
7/17
7/21
8/5
One of WFT's official site pictures
One of Link's official site pictures
One of Olimar's official site pictures
One of Luigi's official site pictures
One of Peach's official site pictures
One of Toon Link's official site pictures
One of Sonic's official site pictures
One of Pac-Man's official site pictures
Total: 27
Pictures Palutena is in
6/10
6/12
7/8 (2pics)
One of Captain Falcon's official site pictures
One of Lucina's official site pictures
Total: 6
Pit appears on the artwork for both versions of the game
Pit appears in Megaman's promontional artwork
Pit's silhouette appears in WFT's promontional artwork
Pit appears in Palutena's promontional artwork

I don't know the name of the enemy in the 4/17 picture but I do recognize it from Kid Icarus Uprising, could be wrong on that. Also I'm not sure if the 7/28 picture is Palutena's Temple or not. It looks like it but I'm not 100% sure. Lastly, I didn't count the 10 pictures Pit and Palutena get on the official site since every character gets 10 pictures to themselves.

You don't need to count everything as the series being over repped obviously (if it had nothing then that'd be a whole other issue). I know I'm missing stuff like the Magnus Assist Trophy but as of right now I've only looked at pictures. I also haven't compared it to anything so it may seem like more than it actually is, odds are Mario, Zelda, Pokemon and maybe Kirby have more representation than KI.

On a completely different note, on January 20th we got this picture:

When people speculated about this some said that it reminded them of Rayman and then later we got the Rayman trophy. Do we know what this thing is yet? Could it have some relation to Rayman?

I'll post again later, updating the KI stuff when I find and watch all the Smash 4 videos and I may compare it to other series. Won't really matter when the game comes out but whatever, I'm bored :p.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Alright so the other day when I went on my little overtired rant I mentioned that I would get numbers to show how 'over repped' the Kid Icarus series is.
2 Playable characters
Pit
Palutena
Similar menus 7/25
3 Items
Daybreak 8/5 (2pics)
Ore Club 3/26
X Bomb 8/16
3 Smash Run enemies
Orne 5/1
Mimicutie 8/20
2 (3)Stages
Palutena's Temple (there's a Palutena statue here and some of these may or may not be the FD version)) 1/29, 4/1, 4/30, 5/21, 6/13, 7/28 (?) Shown 6 (5?) times
Trophies
Viridi 8/7
Pictures Pit is in
6/19 2013
7/8 2013
7/23 2013
7/24 2013
8/1 2013
8/22 2013
9/4
9/6
10/9
10/22
11/1
12/16
1/30
3/26
3/27
5/9
7/17
7/21
8/5
Pictures Palutena is in
6/10
6/12
7/8 (2pics)

I don't know the name of the enemy in the 4/17 picture but I do recognize it from Kid Icarus Uprising, could be wrong on that. Also I'm not sure if the 7/28 picture is Palutena's Temple or not. It looks like it but I'm not 100% sure. Lastly, I didn't count the 10 pictures Pit and Palutena get on the official site since every character gets 10 pictures to themselves.

You don't need to count everything as the series being over repped obviously (if it had nothing then that'd be a whole other issue). I know I'm missing stuff like the Magnus Assist Trophy but as of right now I've only looked at pictures. I also haven't compared it to anything so it may seem like more than it actually is, odds are Mario, Zelda, Pokemon and maybe Kirby have more representation than KI.

When people speculated about this some said that it reminded them of Rayman and then later we got the Rayman trophy. Do we know what this thing is yet? Could it have some relation to Rayman?

I'll post again later, updating the KI stuff when I find and watch all the Smash 4 videos and I may compare it to other series. Won't really matter when the game comes out but whatever, I'm bored :p.
that pic is of smash run

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
2 Playable characters
Pit
Palutena
Similar menus 7/25
3 Items
Daybreak 8/5 (2pics)
Ore Club 3/26
X Bomb 8/16
3 Smash Run enemies
Orne 5/1
Mimicutie 8/20
2 (3)Stages
Palutena's Temple (there's a Palutena statue here and some of these may or may not be the FD version)) 1/29, 4/1, 4/30, 5/21, 6/13, 7/28 (?) Shown 6 (5?) times
Trophies
Viridi 8/7
Pictures Pit is in
6/19 2013
7/8 2013
7/23 2013
7/24 2013
8/1 2013
8/22 2013
9/4
9/6
10/9
10/22
11/1
12/16
1/30
3/26
3/27
5/9
7/17
7/21
8/5
Pictures Palutena is in
6/10
6/12
7/8 (2pics)

I'm pretty sure that picture is an area from Smash Run. I remember seeing it in a trailer and a couple of demo videos.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
2 Playable characters
Pit
Palutena
Similar menus 7/25
3 Items
Daybreak 8/5 (2pics)
Ore Club 3/26
X Bomb 8/16
3 Smash Run enemies
Orne 5/1
Mimicutie 8/20
2 (3)Stages
Trophies
Viridi 8/7
Pictures Pit is in
6/19 2013
7/8 2013
7/23 2013
7/24 2013
8/1 2013
8/22 2013
9/4
9/6
10/9
10/22
11/1
12/16
1/30
3/26
3/27
5/9
7/17
7/21
8/5
Pictures Palutena is in
6/10
6/12
7/8 (2pics)

The pic is part of Smash Run.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Ah okay, so no Rayman connection then (that we know of). Thank to all 3 of you for answering that for me.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Speaking of Rayman, I could really dig another 3rd party trophy reveal for the POTD, like someone from Square Enix or something. Hopeful with a caption that actually tells us something about the 3rd party trophies in general, like why they decided to add them.

Earthbound_PKMN_Trainer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
roboticsuperstar
3DS FC
0731-6040-6586
I'm going to pour one out for those who wanted Ghirahim.
It sucks when you really want a character to be added [cough*cough*SHULK*cough*RAY01*cough] but they aren't.

Hopefully tonight's will be Ness. Would be a sweet birthday present to see my top main in HD.

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
Eh... I can't say I'm really surprised. Girahim's pretty much the same boat as Midna, and we all know what happened with her.

Anyways... I'm hoping to see Ganondorf tonight.
...Which means we'll probably get an item or something.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Guess I should ask ahead of time so I don't derail the thread or go too far off topic. Should I post the KI repping I find from videos? It wouldn't have anything to do with the potd so the obvious answer would be no. My previous post about it was purely from potds along with the pictures from the official site so it had some relevance.

Feels kinda incomplete with just the pictures but I could probably make a separate thread for my findings if one doesn't already exist.

Not even sure if anyone cares about my findings, I only started it due to boredom and because whenever we get anything KI related in the potd people say it gets over repped (I complain for a different reason =P)

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
I'm predicting a new stage. I want to see a veteran like Wario, Ice Climbers or Wolf.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
A new veteran would be nice to calm me down from Ghirahim's deconfir...

2soon4me ;-;

Agualitos

Smash Apprentice
I just want to say real quick that I need a huge announcement about something soon! TOMORROW HAS TO BE THE DAY TO REVEAL A DIRECT OR CHARACTER.

I probably sound crazy, but i really need a direct. we only have like 3 weeks left and so much info is not known! Ik ik.... I should just calm down and wait, but if Sakurai blessed us with the announcement of a direct or character tomorrow I might just cry.

Tbh. . . I just need this game. This Summer was nothing, but Smash speculation for me :0

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I'm hoping for a veteran tomorrow even though we just got Meta Knight last week. I'm expecting game mode information though, possibly more Smash Run.

Waluridleykryrool

Smash Journeyman
"Ghirahim isn't the only one of links past foes making an appearance in this game, here's Zant the usurper king of the twilight realm. He too is an assist trophy FYI"

Zants my favorite one off zelda villain so i would really like to see him show up in this game in some form, and with his playable appearance in hyrule warriors i think he has a decent shot of getting an assist alongside ghirahim.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

There's what, 16 more PotD's? Aside from other Newcomers, we've still got a few vets to be shown. Sakurai ought to kick it into MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE.

Last edited by a moderator:

Glaze_

Smash Cadet
NNID
ItsGlaze
3DS FC
2595-1893-0903
Te
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thought Tetra a was more deserving/likely character than Ghirahim.

I mean, she's been in multiple Zelda games, she's another viable female character, and was originally planned for Brawl (Assuming "Toon Sheik" actually meant Tetra).
Tetra must be back. If she's in, I'll eat my hat. If she's not, I'll eat my hat.
Wait..

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
I hope we can finish strong and not on something boring..

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
PotD: Here is a CD! You can find some really cool songs on these discs, typically consisting of some of Nintendo's most recognizable melodies! The CDs can be found all over the game, from Smash Run to popping out of crates and barrels.

Pic 2 (picture of music menu on Halberd): Just like in Super Smash Brothers Brawl, you can adjust the probability that a particular song plays on a particular stage. I may love Metaknight's theme, but other players may be particular fond of Dreamland's theme!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom