• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
Which popular requested Newcomers do you think Sakurai will explicitly disconfirm in a one of the remaining Pictures of the Day?

-Not Isaac, I'd bet. He'd want to introduce new stuff in the final days leading up to release, not the return of a Brawl AT.

-Not Ridley, either. He's been hinted at far too much, and thus his role is something important enough to show off in a Direct or other special video.

-Not Krystal. She'll be lucky to have just a trophy in Smash 4.

-Not Geno, for obvious reasons.

And I believe the leak, so none of the characters on the leak's roster.

That leaves the following:

Bandana Dee
Impa
Medusa
Vaati
Chibi-Robo
Professor Layton
Bayonetta

K. Rool is a possibility. If he's a Stage Boss, I'd say they'll show him in a Direct. If he's in Assist they might show him in a PotD.

Thoughts?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Which popular requested Newcomers do you think Sakurai will explicitly disconfirm in a one of the remaining Pictures of the Day?

-Not Isaac, I'd bet. He'd want to introduce new stuff in the final days leading up to release, not the return of a Brawl AT.

-Not Ridley, either. He's been hinted at far too much, and thus his role is something important enough to show off in a Direct or other special video.

Bandana Dee
Impa
Medusa
Vaati
Chibi-Robo
Professor Layton
Bayonetta

K. Rool is a possibility. If he's a Stage Boss, I'd say they'll show him in a Direct. If he's in Assist they might show him in a PotD.

Thoughts?
I love how you mention anything, but Paper Mario, thanks!

Seriously, getting 2 deconfirmation in a row is quite sad.

What about NOT deconfirming anyone? the one yesterday worth 2 so nope.

What about confirming anything? Yes that includes every confirmable thing.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime

Bandana Dee
Impa
Medusa
Vaati
Chibi-Robo
Professor Layton
Bayonetta

Thoughts?
Paper Mario would be a possibility, though I am hoping for a (3DS) stage reveal instead.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Hoping for a Dr. Mario alternate today because screw him, Paper Mario deserves his own spot, not the Dr.

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
I love how you mention anything, but Paper Mario, thanks!

Seriously, getting 2 deconfirmation in a row is quite sad.

What about NOT deconfirming anyone? the one yesterday worth 2 so nope.

What about confirming anything? Yes that includes every confirmable thing.
I knew I forgot someone really popular.

Paper Mario wouldn't be disconfirmed via PotD because he's too important to be an AT, and too laden with moveset potential to be an Alt costume.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I hope its duck hunt dog, but a completely unseen render nothing like the 'leaked' one.

I'm feeling a confirmation tonight.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I'm thinking something moveset/character-specific gameplay element to finish out this otherwise pretty solid week.
PotD explaining another Newcomer's taunt confirmed.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
As usual, I'm going to back Jabba up in hyping Wario. That doesn't mean that I wouldn't be hyped if we get Ness instead.

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
I would love to see Wolf tonight. Just to make some noise and see how people react. Realistically, I'm expecting another 3DS stage reveal tonight, since we seem to be getting about two a week now. Starfox maybe? Or telling us what that Gameboy stage really is(I know that's not all there is to it. Sakurai is hiding something.)

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I think Meta Knight last week was the start of the character a week trend.

Seeing as we haven't gotten one this week, tonight seems prime.
After today that leaves 3 more Fridays until the Japanese release. (3 more character)

Fair to assume we could get a character tonight...

Also I predict a direct before launch.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
okay im going to say this in hopes that the opposite comes true Wario will not be confirmed until a nintendo direct

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
I think Meta Knight last week was the start of the character a week trend.

Seeing as we haven't gotten one this week, tonight seems prime.
After today that leaves 3 more Fridays until the Japanese release. (3 more character)

Fair to assume we could get a character tonight...

Also I predict a direct before launch.
ICE CLIMBERS??

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
I can't believer we are this close to knowing the roster, it's a strange feeling. It can definitely hurt, but it's also exciting as we get closer and closer. I've only been doing this for a month now, but it's been fun waiting for character reveals and disconfirmed characters.

I think we'll see a stage or veteran today though. Maybe some info on a mode, but i'm hoping for the first two.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I strongly believe we're getting a character tonight, mind you we got a stage on tuesday.

but what do i know

Last edited:

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
My guess for tonight: absolutely nothing.

Why are people rooting for a character? Metaknight wasn't that long ago.

Last edited:

Vorsun

Smash Rookie
NNID
Vorsun
3DS FC
2320-6359-9150
I'm going to ignore my robot bones tonight. Against my better judgement, I predict Ray confirmation.

Agualitos

Smash Apprentice
My guess for tonight: absolutely nothing.

Why are people rooting for a character? Metaknight wasn't that long ago.
I think we root for a character reveal because smash fans are passionate and have so much faith that Sakurai will bless us with a confirmation!

That and most of us smash fans are delusional.... Well actually just mostly me tbh :/
Im not afraid to admit that everyday i keep a tiny bit of hope that well will receive a character confirmation the next day, not gonna lie!

Last edited:

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
I think we root for a character reveal because smash fans are passionate and have so much faith that Sakurai will bless us with a confirmation!

That and most of us smash fans are delusional.... Well actually just mostly me tbh :/
Im not afraid to admit that everyday i keep a tiny bit of hope that well will receive a character confirmation the next day, not gonna lie!
We are all delusional, its just what reality you wish to live in. Thats how you navigate Smash boards

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
a veteran isnt happening.

however a newcomer trailer announcement for monday is possible.

but safe to say its gonna be a tease/troll/info bit pic

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I'm going for the double whammy! I'm saying we get a veteran tonight AND a trailer announcement.

Yea...I just went there.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
We don't even need a newcomer or veteran to know info. about the leak. I would be happy with another 3DS stage. Unfortunately, we've gotten several 3DS stages recently, so a Wii U stage is probably what we'll get next.

That said, I certainly wouldn't mind another Wii U stage either.

Last edited:

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
O.K., serious question here. Lot of people have been expecting crazy ramp ups in character reveals, like a character a week or even better more and more as we've gotten closer to launch, along with other crazy things-why?

I just looked back through the Brawl Dojo and in the last month before release we got one newcomer, one veteran (Olimar and Sheik), and before that there were no characters for 2 months. In fact, the last month of the Dojo wasn't too different from every other month, and overall wasn't as packed as the random month of October, so there's not much precedent for a crazy last month. Right now we've got about two weeks left before launch. The amount of characters released on the dojo in the last 2 weeks? None.

And it's not like there's a need to reveal more characters. We've already got plenty revealed for a starting roster. And we're likely going to get a direct just before launch (Nintendo usually does a direct sometime within a week of a games launch), with a newcomer and maybe a veteran too.

And yet people are expecting a veteran every POTD when we just got one last week? I feel like people are just making up expectations for themselves that don't even make sense.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
A update featuring that music thing people found a few days ago would be great and I kinda expect it. Then followed by a direct announcement on the date of the Japanese Mother 2 anniversary would be neat and we could get our final newcomer video along with Ness or Lucas or both kinda like how Robin's trailer had Cpt. Falcon cause it was some sort of anniversary for him.

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
You know we're just talking here right? I'm sure most of us have little actual expectations.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Guys, you know that I have a tendency to overhype every single PotD. But tomorrow's Friday, so cut me some slack and join us in the misguided hype!!!

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Set unreal expectations, reach those expectations, and go completely insane after.

It's way better this way.

Shhhh no logic only hype now.

No breaks on the hype train, grab on and use hype to keep your arm attached.

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Ya know like... maybe early September is also a possibility for a direct or newcomer trailer and whatever, but maybe they'll announce it today and get it done earlier to...get it in magazines in stuff? I dunno, a smash direct sure would be neat though. Put all this fun speculating to a close and end with a bang. Aw, I'll miss this...but not too much cause I'll be having lots of fun with y'all playing the game haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom