• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
True, but now theres' no one to oppose him for the spot now. Except Zants, but i doubt it.
There was no way Ghirahim was going to be in OVER Ganondorf

If anything Ganondorf would be in and maybe Ghirahim afterward

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well, I'm sorry Ghirahim supporters. I really am. Some of these big deconfirmations are tough to watch even when the characters you support are safe. :(

Morbi

Scavenger
Zelda isnt getting any original newcomers agian(sigh). Shame cause that series hasn't got one since melee. And no Toon Link is just a spiritual succesor to Young Link.
That has not been confirmed yet, Ghirahims deconfirmation does not confirm the absence of an original newcomer, Impa could always be... her own... original character... hahaha.

D

Deleted member

So Ghirahim is an assist trophy? I wasn't expecting him to be playable, but I feel bad for his supporters.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Ghirahim is by far my most painful deconfirm so far. It was bound to happen to everyone at some point. I'm thankful I made it this far, and as someone who has an very real attachment to Skyward Sword, am extremely thankful he is a great-looking Assist Trophy.

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
How TOON LINK got in over him is inexcusable!!!!
It sucks to say but he's got Veteran Protection and Ghirahim would probably be a one hit wonder since it's probably unlikely for him to get in another Zelda game
That said, I noticed that the pictures yesterday had Link in them, and we get a Zelda related assist trophy..so maybe whoever shows up on tomorrow's PotD will be related to some deconformation in Monday :(
Straw grasping at it's finest

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Hes LInk. Give Link TOon Link's speed and he's set. TL is filler
Toon Link, or at least his art style, has stared in a third of the games that make up the Zelda franchise. It doesn't matter if you deem him as "filler." Once Ghirahim has been the main antagonist in a couple more Zelda games, then he should be allowed to be playable in Smash.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
Well, at least he's with a fellow fabulous try-hard.
Correction, at least Ghirahim was in a main series game of his respective franchise.
And isn't a ripoff of an original character.

I HATE waluigi. HATE him.

And thats coming from Jabba.

Last edited:
You say that, but with this hes now appeared in 3 games since 2011, thats quite a bit so i think your selling him a bit short.
Skyward Sword, Hyrule Warriors, and...Smash Bros?

Unless I'm missing one he's still a one-shot in my book. I'm not being super literal with the word. Skull Kid and Minda are one shot characters too. They've both made several appearances since their initial games, but so far none of them have made another major appearance in a main series Zelda game. It's not looking like any of them will either.

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
Toon Link, or at least his art style, has stared in a third of the games that make up the Zelda franchise. It doesn't matter if you deem him as "filler." Once Ghirahim has been the main antagonist in a couple more Zelda games, then he should be allowed to be playable in Smash.
This. Seriously. My condolences to Ghirahim's supporters, really, but this has nothing to do with Toon Link. Attacking one character because you're unhappy regarding the status of another is ridiculous.

It's a shame such a great villain won't be playable, but at least there's Hyrule Warriors to look forward to. And if nothing else, he's going to play a role in battles rather than just rot in the Trophy collection.

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Now we just need an updated Ganondorf, the guaranteed three dozen collectible trophies, and a couple more Wii U stages with a plethora of wonderful music, and The Legend of Zelda series will have what I consider a perfect amount of representation.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
I can see why Toon Link is still here. He's basically the PosterLink of the franchise since his art style has been in most of the Zelda game for over 10 years.

I would be just fine with some Hyrule Warriors/Ocarina/Skyward alts at this point.

Last edited:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
I legitimately said "Awesome!" out loud. As someone else said, it's much better that these characters end up as assists instead of rotting in the trophy collection.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Grab your Ridleys, hold on to your K. Rools and light a candle for a Mewtwo, we're in the last three weeks stretch, and it's not pretty.

Last edited:

MachoCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MachoCheeze
Eh, oh well. I haven't played SS so I have no interest in this dude at all.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Ghirahim would have been fun, but I'd be lying if I said him not being playable was a surprise to me. One game in a series of over a dozen does not a playable character make.

Well, unless you're frog ninja concept art nobody requested. :troll:

D

Deleted member

Correction, at least Ghirahim was in a main series game of his respective franchise.
And isn't a ripoff of an original character.

I HATE waluigi. HATE him.

And thats coming from Jabba.

I'm not kidding.

Last edited by a moderator:

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
This definitely hurts the trophy theory quite a bit, meaning Ridley lost an argument as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom