• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
It'd be bad *** if we got 2 character reveals each week... or even 1 a week.
1 or 2 would be absolutely amazing. Every single night would be worth staying up late for. xD

Edit:
I going to deviate from my normal "Stage or Assist" for something about Meta Knight, maybe some info about the gauntlets.
Yeah, I'm sure Sakurai will have something to say about his baby. ^^ Hope it's interesting. Maybe confirmation on some of his changes?

Last edited:

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
What if we got Meta Knight on Wednesday, Ganondorf on Thursday, and Ice Climbers/Wario on Friday? This would be the best week ever. It's never going to happen though

DarkNintendo2000

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nagol200
3DS FC
1203-9221-6411
So right now I'm predicting a Ganondorf reveal for the simple fact that it's no longer expected. It was always a given that Ganon would be shown off when Hyrule Warriors came out, so maybe Sakurai specifically revealed Meta Knight to make us believe that would be all we got. Then tonight we would all get shocked that we got two veteran reveals in a row. And besides, this just happened earlier this week when we got a picture of the Meta Knight hat, leading us to believe he would get revealed the next day, then we got a picture of an item, making us think Sakurai just dropped the subject.

JCAndre

Smash Apprentice
We can probably expect the pic at a more normal time of 2:30-3 am EST tonight. Who knows why is was early on Monday and Tuesday, but it was probably late last night due to the amount of stuff that got added to the website in addition to the pic. It was a lot, especially when you consider all the languages it had to be translated into.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Hoping for Ganon tonight and tomorrow, expecting pictures of Meta Knight. Most people wanna see if he's been nerfed, I'd find it amusing if any buffs are mentioned. Constantly mentioning nerfs about a character isn't exactly a good way to make people want to use him/her. Course he could get the Ike treatment and get no mentions of buffs or nerfs.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
We will probably get something like alternate costumes for link and Zelda if ganon isn't getting a reveal.

Or maybe a stage reveal
Or something like this.

Pic of the day. Hyrule Warriors is out today in Japan! To commemorate the occasion I had these three…people come together in a group shot.

(Link, Zelda and shiek)
Seeing Zelda and Shiek together makes me as weirded out as seeing Samus and ZSS together.

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
I doubt it will happen, but screw it, I'm gonna hype up for Ganondorf anyway!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
If we get ganondorf tomorrow

That would be a lock no matter what day of the shortest character reveal drought

But i see why you guys are hoping i mean hyrule warriors comes out tomorrow.

Well he did do it for diddy kong just for the usa version instead.

Jords2Good

Smash Journeyman
If we get ganondorf tomorrow

That would be a lock no matter what day of the shortest character reveal drought

But i see why you guys are hoping i mean hyrule warriors comes out tomorrow.

Well he did do it for diddy kong just for the usa version instead.

But then when that version comes out, journalist will already have their copy of the game unless they can't speak of any secrets.

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
Actually now would be the perfect time to reveal Ganondorf. Not only will it coincide with the HW release, but we'll get both the best and worst characters in Brawl back to back!

No, I'm not straw grasping or anything...

Evello

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TinyTinyHippo
3DS FC
0473-7825-0053
Really not expecting another character tomorrow, especially Ganondorf. He's always been a secret character. And not just any secret character, one of the harder to unlock secret characters (i.e. one of the last guys Sakurai reveals). With 12 Brawl veterans left to be confirmed, plus possible Melee returnee's, plus one or more newcomers, I doubt we're seeing the whole roster before release, so I'm expecting ol' Dorf will be a left until post-release yet again. Him and Jigglywiggly.

That being said, predicting Sakurai has proven to be a futile effort again and again, so who knows, maybe he'll go on a bonanza and reveal a dozen or so characters in the next few weeks.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
Actually now would be the perfect time to reveal Ganondorf. Not only will it coincide with the HW release, but we'll get both the best and worst characters in Brawl back to back!

No, I'm not straw grasping or anything...
OOOOOOOOO thems fightin words! lmao

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
I'll predict that we'll get a picture of Kirby, King Dedede, and Meta Knight all standing side by side.
Possibly doing taunts or idle animations.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
The one day I skip the PotD and the Super Fighting Maskedguy: Meta Knight is shown.
*LOUDSIGH*

Lozjam

Smash Champion
It's kind of pathetic how quickly we get used to the news and want more.
It doesn't really have to do with getting used to the news. At least not for me. Myself and many other people want as much news released before the Japanese version of Smash is released. It leaves a sour taste in many peoples mouths that Japan will get the chance to spoil the whole roster, stages, custom move sets, ect. So we would much prefer that Sakurai directly tells us these things since it is going to be spoiled anyway, and if Sakurai tells us everything before launch, both Japan and the other countries can experience the same hype. I still think it was a poor move to not have an international release date, and it would be highly hypocritical for Sakurai not to give us the full roster(Sakurai said that the reason he cut subspace emmisary in Smash 4 was because it was spoiled online, Sakurai not releasing the full roster and letting Japan have the full roster is going to result in the exact same thing).

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Posting in advance in case he post the pic before 1 AM EST.

So, I have just finished the chapter 5 in TTYD and that is the chapter when you see the ship on the stage which is the S.S. Flavion. I did noticed that they had to adapt the design, but it's impressive how it still feels like the original.

The Paper Mario tease is now:

Night of the 15th day...
And hopefully still counting...

For this occasion, here's one of the most intense music of the game: The Cortez fight music:

I predict new info, but mainly centered around meta knight. Still hoping for direct announcement, but not doing anything on meta knight would be weird (some said it didn't happen for Ike, but I do remember that they did showed a pic of him in the next POTD after his reveal).

Let's just hope I'll keep my sleep schedule safe enough for my health tough...

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
It doesn't really have to do with getting used to the news. At least not for me. Myself and many other people want as much news released before the Japanese version of Smash is released. It leaves a sour taste in many peoples mouths that Japan will get the chance to spoil the whole roster, stages, custom move sets, ect. So we would much prefer that Sakurai directly tells us these things since it is going to be spoiled anyway, and if Sakurai tells us everything before launch, both Japan and the other countries can experience the same hype. I still think it was a poor move to not have an international release date, and it would be highly hypocritical for Sakurai not to give us the full roster(Sakurai said that the reason he cut subspace emmisary in Smash 4 was because it was spoiled online, Sakurai not releasing the full roster and letting Japan not have the full roster is going to result in the exact same thing).
Is that even possible

Blocking the rest of the characters till updates come

No i agree with you but I'm sorry I'm sure all characters will be added on the first update of smash 4

And worse theres no stopping the full roster leak train.

KirbyOnly

Smash Rookie
I hope Sakurai shows a character every other day until the release. I bet, at the very least, new information everyday.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Is that even possible

Blocking the rest of the characters till updates come

No i agree with you but I'm sorry I'm sure all characters will be added on the first update of smash 4

And worse theres no stopping the full roster leak train.
I believe you misunderstood my post. I said nothing of the sort with locking characters away until we get it. Merely revealing the entire roster before Japan gets it.

Last edited:

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I'm expecting another picture with Meta Knight, possibly on a new Kirby stage, showing off a changed move or custom move.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I believe you misunderstood my post. I said nothing of the sort of locking characters away until we get it. Merely revealing the entire roster before Japan gets it.
Well a little

But sadly its impossible to beat japan to revealing full rosters of smash bros games.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Well a little

But sadly its impossible to beat japan to revealing full rosters of smash bros games.
I am not sure about that. Sakurai has the full capability of releasing the entire roster, and that is the responsible thing to do as I have explained in my previous posts.

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
It'll be a picture of Meta Knight either explaining a nerf or a buff (lol) or explaining a move like how Ike's Eruption was explained. In this picture there will also be a Mii with a gem on it's forehead and some snazzy red/ginger hair and the caption will completely ignore said Mii.

;-;

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
All Sakurai needs to do is reveal all characters officially prior to the Japanese release. The best way to do this is, probably, to announce a character reveal trailer or a direct in advance, start up the engines and run everyone over with the hype train shortly before release. Having everything revealed through shoddy leaked images of the Japanese version will be really underwhelming. :ohwell:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
All Sakurai needs to do is reveal all characters officially prior to the Japanese release. The best way to do this is, probably, to announce a character reveal trailer or a direct in advance, start up the engines and run everyone over with the hype train shortly before release. Having everything revealed through shoddy leaked images of the Japanese version will be really underwhelming. :ohwell:
Yup, I've really bough into the idea that Sakurai will reveal everything before launch, just like they did with Mario Kart 8. I mean, the man cited internet spoilers as his reason for axing an entire mode... I doubt he's going to want the roster revealed via similar means. He most likely wants to control the hype himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom