• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
She just seems like a lazy Roy, bit of a cop out I think. Though I never liked clones in general, at least Roy had the benefit of looking different. I'm not really bothered, but this is even weirder than the Links. We've got a literal Marth with breasts here.
Marth always looked fabulous though.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Haha, I guess so... but what could they do with Dark Pit? Doesn't he have almost the exact same attributes as Pit?
Probably will add a spooky dark poison glow to his weapons. Dealing slightly extra damage, but he has one less air jump or something.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Okay, now I'm confused. Some of you say that Dark Pit is still a nono when he was clearly hinted at. He is in the exact same boat as Lucina, he has a huge chance to be playable now. I hate the idea of more clones, but you can't deny that.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Looks like Roy's gimmick is still his own.

Prepare for or boy as DLC.

:roymelee::roypm::roymelee:

JCAndre

Smash Apprentice
Dunno why people think this means Dark Pit is confirmed. The only thing it means is Lucina is a clone.

Steelia

Smash Champion
So Lucina is Roy...

I'm okay with this.
She's more a mix of Ike and Marth. Ike's sword (to my knowledge) has its power balanced throughout, but she mimics Marth in many other attirbutes like attacks. Roy had sweetspots nearest the hilt as opposed to the edge of the sword.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
And you know what is just fantastic? Dark Pit is now practically confirmed now. Great....another confirmed clone character.
Ohhh! You guys are so right! Wow, that's awesome! Er, again, sorry to those who hate clones? I think they just build the family, are easy to make, and easy to balance! They're great! So... Dark Pit will be...? I dunno what's he like in Uprising? I'm expecting him to be a bit slower but faster, maybe a new move here and there, maybe some of Pit's old stuff, and a purple effect with certain moves.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Dunno why people think this means Dark Pit is confirmed. The only thing it means is Lucina is a clone.
Yes, but Dark Pit was hinted at the end of the Palutena Trailer.

Lucina is basically the Dark Pit version of Marth, so it makes perfect sense for Dark Pit to be in the game.

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
Hooray for Lucina. She'll fill the gap that was once Roy, and quite frankly, I think that she fills it pretty damn well.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
She's more a mix of Ike and Marth. Ike's sword (to my knowledge) has its power balanced throughout, but she mimics Marth in many other attirbutes like attacks. Roy had sweetspots nearest the hilt as opposed to the edge of the sword.
I meant to say P:M Roy but yeah you're right.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Lucina is basically the Dark Pit version of Marth, so it makes perfect sense for Dark Pit to be in the game.
No

Dark Pit is literally just a mirror reflection of Pit

Lucina is an decendant of marth

Last edited:

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930

Wouldn't Dark Pit just be better off as an alt?

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Actually, Roy's gimmick was transferred to Ike. Test his fsmash at different ranges. The closer to Ike's hilt you are, the closer to death you are.

With Ike, the tip is the worst place to land the attack with.

Last edited:

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
I don't see any different attributes Dark Pit could offer to become playable. Pit doesn't have any kind of special gimmick with his moves at all if I'm correct..

...Dark pit could have different Kid Icarus weapons, maybe?...

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

Dark Pit was shown in the trailer but was not confirmed playable.

Lucina was shown in the trailer and she was confirmed playable.

There is a blatant difference here.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Dark Pit as a clone would be so boring. He looks exactly the same as Pit. Not even a Fox/Falco, Pika/Pichu case in terms of appearance. They look the same.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Cool. Lucina is a 99% Marth clone. I'm not even mad.
Come on guys, it didn't take too much development effort and we get another popularly requested character out of it. And with speculation back in full force, we have no idea about these character slots. They can do whatever.
Sounds good to me.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Hmm...but yeah, clones.

People say this game is Brawl 2.0?

It's now Melee 2.0 :troll:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If Dark Pit is confirmed

He should have a Pit alternate color

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
I just hope Lucina doesn't have the tipper strength throughout her blade. Otherwise Marth is going to obsolete. However if her damage isn't slightly better than Marth's non-tipper hits than she's going to be a pointless character to pick. I don't mind this addition really seeing as it is nothing more than a fancy Marth skin, however the idea of one of the two being inherently the wrong choice in skirmishes bothers me.

Blakexd9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blakexd9
3DS FC
3566-1543-3794
Lucina has the same moveset as Marth, why would she have different move customization options when that effort could be easily put into giving her a more unique moveset? I could see them implementing some small changes like we're seeing with her sword.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
I love how he pretty much says "She's her on character slot" and people are still inferring she's an alternate skin. Good lawd.
I would argue that she doesn't even deserve a roster slot of her own. She can easily share Marth's!

Ugh, this also means that Sheik and Zero Suit will get their own roster slots. They don't deserve that either!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just realized how dumb dark pit would be simply because of alternate colors

What. they have to think up twice as many different ways JUST to color Pit

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
There. Lucina is a clone, but is her own character. She is a newcomer. She has some differences in play that separate her from Marth. She's got the Brand of the Exalt in her eye like she should. Can we stop arguing now? Thank you.

Cheesedork

Smash Apprentice
Thank you for delivering, Sakurai!

Clones, huh? Well, I have all the newcomers I really wanted (Mega Man, Rosalina, Palutena, Robin) so I'm alright with this.
Roy for Ike clone, anyone? ... I can dream.

Oh, uh, no Dark Pit though, please. That would be dumb/10. (I just hate *adjective characters*)

Sonsa

Smash Champion

Ahh, but that's cause Dark Pit is unlockable. Shh, he's a secret.

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
I have absolutely no problem with clones since they're easy to make and...

Plus, because clones have some different attributes, it basically allows more people to try out a particular moveset. For example, I am absolute crap with Falcon in Melee, but Ganondorf is easily one of my best characters.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Plus, because clones have some different attributes, it basically allows more people to try out a particular moveset. For example, I am absolute crap with Falcon in Melee, but Ganondorf is easily one of my best characters.
I never thought of it like that before. My eyes have been opened. 0_0

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I do Think Pittoo is just like Lucina. A clone character. But I do Think Sakurai decided to only tease him, as to not have TWO of his own characters at the same time. I mean, he WAS scared of having more of his own Creations than Kirby for two whole games.

Anyways, Sakurai just confirmed what I was already sure of, but it's nice to know for sure. ^^ I like clones, as the expand (Dong) Roster.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Good to know Sakurais decision was to make a noob freindly version of one of the most annoying characters to fight in Smash.

As for Dark Pit, he is just an evil duplicate of Pit. He would just be a glorified color swap with a different voice and visual effects. Lucina has the poor exuse of being a different person all together.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

So I guess Mr. G&W isn't playable?

They are secret characters.....shhhhhhh.

Dark Pit is near confirmed now. If Lucina is her own character, Dark Pit should have the right to be his own character.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Change Lucina's name to Roy.

No one is ********.

She's the same concept.

The only thing is she's a female descendant of Marth and shows it.

Make her a red haired kid with a sword. None of you would be complaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom