• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
So I guess Mr. G&W isn't playable?

They are secret characters.....shhhhhhh.

Dark Pit is near confirmed now. If Lucina is her own character, Dark Pit should have the right to be his own character.
You do know that Mr. Game & Watch is a veteran, right? Come on man.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Hey since when are people so nice towards clones? Just a few days ago people where shoving trash down poor Toon Link's throat for months on end?

Eh anyway, I like how Sakurai casually confirmed clones for this game despite how widely despised they are. :p

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Change Lucina's name to Roy.

No one is *****ing.

She's the same concept.

The only thing is she's a female descendant of Marth and shows it.

Make her a red haired kid with a sword. None of you would be complaining.
Only if that redhead is named Anna.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Chrom should have been revealed instead of Lucina. Atleast a middle ground between Marth and Ike is better than Marth with breasts.

Fares612

Smash Apprentice
I would argue that she doesn't even deserve a roster slot of her own. She can easily share Marth's!

Ugh, this also means that Sheik and Zero Suit will get their own roster slots. They don't deserve that either!
1) We've known that ZSS and Sheik will have their own roster slot since E3...

2) Are you serious? Why would they not deserve that? I personally think Lucina deserves it even if she has minor differences from Marth. WIth that said, why would Zero and Sheik not deserve it if they play COMPLETELY different from Samus and Zelda?

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Chrom should have been revealed instead of Lucina. Atleast a middle ground between Marth and Ike is better than Marth with breasts.
I say the breasts alone would make her better

If she had any

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
''WE WANT A FEMALE FIRE EMBLEM CHARACTER!"

-Sakurai reveals female Fire Emblem characters-

''DEAR GOD NOT THOSE ONES!"

You people are impossible.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I guess I need to give my two cents on this.

Dark Pit's most likely gonna be merely Pit's alt costume. Remember that there was no black Pit costume during the demo, meaning that it's likely they've been hiding stuff from me. The only unique thing bout said costume would be the voice, although different taunts would be pushing it. If he was to later get the Lucina treatment, he'd probably be stronger, but slower Pit variant which isn't likely to happen yet (trust me). If he does get lucky and gets his own slot (I hope he doesn't), but he really will be the typical slower, but stronger type that uses the Silver Bow.

Besides, the only thing that this has confirmed is that Marth and Lucina have different traits and abilities despite being similar to each other, and therefore, Lucina gets her own slow. Honestly, if there is at least one unique costume per character, I would assume that Lucina is Marth's unique variant with different traits.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
People say she's Roy.

People forget that Roy's gimmick is something entirely different.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Female: check

Wears blue clothing: check

Known for wearing a mask: check

A clone with slight differences to the original character's move set: check.....

......You know exactly where Im going with this.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Female: check

Wears blue clothing: check

Known for wearing a mask: check

A clone with slight differences to the original character's move set: check.....

......You know exactly where Im going with this.
Claus?

Except the female part

Last edited:

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
''WE WANT A FEMALE FIRE EMBLEM CHARACTER!"

-Sakurai reveals female Fire Emblem characters-

''DEAR GOD NOT THOSE ONES!"

You people are impossible.
What do you mean those ones? Would you rather have a clone or a unique character. I love Lucina as a character, yes, but did she HAVE to be that similar to Marth?

JCAndre

Smash Apprentice
Eh posted this on Reddit I figure I'd put it here

If you find yourself upset about this, look at this way.

Robin was probably the main choice for a new FE character since his/her move set is based around magic, differentiating from the other characters.

Chrom/Lucina were the more obvious and more requested choices. They were able to make Lucina a clone with extremely minimal effort and it most likely had no bearing on the final roster (in terms of having to leave other characters out)

TL;DR: Robin is original, from the ground up. Lucina is fan service in a game about fan service.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I don't get your point. How am I invalid?
It's a given that he'd be back, particularly with the cameo.

Also the fact that Sakurai blatantly said that they weren't ready to put him on the site. Implying that he would be put on the site is blatant confirmation by itself. Dark Pit just made a random appearance with no indication towards a playable roll, unless Viridi is going to be playable as well, since she spoke in the trailer. Chrom should be blatant enough proof against it, as he was prominent in the new trailer and he's nothing more than Robin's final smash.

Hong

The Strongest
He knows what people are thinking on the matter, and he delivers immediately.

I think the Robin trailer created even more questions than the Palutena trailer (which is saying a lot), so I'm glad he spoke up. All I could ask for is some Robin palettes, and discussion on tome durability.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Lucina is our first clone newcomer. Doesn't matter, as it fits her style well. I'll definitely be giving her a try and find out the differences between her and Marth.

Anyways, I'm interested to see how the character screen will look like.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Steps for Sakurai to create Lucina:
1) Take Marth
2) Extend Hair
3) Give New Clothes
4) Give Awakening Falchion
5) Make Part of sword close to hilt strong point
6) Profit! (Jeez...)

Last edited:

QJD1381

Smash Apprentice
What's that? Lucina is a Newcomer with her own character slot, and not just an alternate skin for Marth? Why, that's just like what it says on the site! Who would have thought that? I guess a spade is a spade after all, and not a pitchfork!

But seriously, it's genuinely embarrassing that this actually had to be spelled out for some people.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What's that? Lucina is a Newcomer with her own character slot, and not just an alternate skin for Marth? Why, that's just like what it says on the site! Who would have thought that? I guess a spade is a spade after all, and not a pitchfork!

But seriously, it's genuinely embarrassing that this actually had to be spelled out for some people.
But is a spade a shovel?

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Ike: "And who are you?"

Marth: "Why, I'm Marth."

Ike: "What kind of fool do you take me for? YOU'RE MARTH, ROY'S MARTH, NEEEERG I'M MARTH! ARE THERE ANY OTHER MARTHS I SHOULD KNOW ABOUT!?

Lucinia:"Meeeow"

Anyways as a supporter of clones since day 1, I approve of this.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I haven't seen anyone talk about this. But doesn't it seem like Lucina's Up-B covers more horizontally?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ike: "And who are you?"

Marth: "Why, I'm Marth."

Ike: "What kind of fool do you take me for? YOU'RE MARTH, ROY'S MARTH, NEEEERG I'M MARTH! ARE THERE ANY OTHER MARTHS I SHOULD KNOW ABOUT!?

Lucinia:"Meeeow"

Anyways as a supporter of clones since day 1, I approve of this.
One problem with clones is everyone is going to use the one that's better

The better one always overshadows the worse one

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
I'm listening to Japan Time and Warchamp talk about Lucina being an alt design right now. It's almost like Sakurai's post is directed at them.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Since Lucina is a descendent of Marth, it doesn't piss me off as much.

However:

Lucina: because Marth had enough woman to go around

But I will say this. If characters like Isaac or K. Rool were passed up for 6 clone characters. I'll be livid.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
He knows what people are thinking on the matter, and he delivers immediately.

I think the Robin trailer created even more questions than the Palutena trailer (which is saying a lot), so I'm glad he spoke up. All I could ask for is some Robin palettes, and discussion on tome durability.
Some closure on Chrom would be lovely, as until then there'll be people construing this update to meaning Chrom is also a semi-clone.

Which I wouldn't mind I guess, though the update itself will probably have Sakurai's heartjerking "Waluigi Try-Hard" speech fitted for him.

One problem with clones is everyone is going to use the one that's better

The better one always overshadows the worse one
After all these years Roy finally gets poetic justice.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Something that I've thought of.

Will they have different custom special moves? Becuase if so, it fixes the whole issue. Maybe they will be less of clones than we think.

Last edited:

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Fan-service?

Yea lets just tease people for more than five months about a highly requested someone who may or may not be a Stage Hazard. While were at it, lets just Copy Paste Marth and give him long hair and a vaj cause
people wanted more Female reps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom