• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
"This is an assist trophy." Well, no ****, Sakurai. It's not like you've already shown off a dozen of them in PoDs in the past seven months. This is one of the worst pics since October. He's probably going to make up for it by the end of the week but good lord is this bad.

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
The polygons in this game. :sick:
This kind of stuff makes me laugh, I'm sorry, but.. I just find these sorts of comments to be nitpicky. The camera view is zoomed out and thus they leave some parts of the models less smooth for optimization.

I don't want to seem like a defending fanboy but why do people even point these things out when you won't be able to notice the subtle polys in game?

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Whoa Color TV-Game can blink? Well I'm impressed. Great pic. Week made.

Except not at all.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I feel like the most we could get this week is acknowledgment the Kalos Pokemon Leage stage. But hey, what do I know?

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
....Yeah.

I'd love a multi-pic update on the Kalos League stage similar to the update about the 3D Land stage, and by extension reminiscent of the SSBB Dojo updates.
But I don't know when or if such a thing will happen...

----

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Not surprised by the filler pictures.

I think there will be lots of filler until E3, where a truckload of information will be shown, just like the Smash Direct on April.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I still expect a character Before E3, though. Most likely Wario. But we'll see. ^^

Tomorrow... um... a move, or a brand new stage~

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
"This is an assist trophy." Well, no ****, Sakurai. It's not like you've already shown off a dozen of them in PoDs in the past seven months. This is one of the worst pics since October. He's probably going to make up for it by the end of the week but good lord is this bad.
There's a reason why...

Cause this is Filler!

Filler Night!

And no-ones gonna save you from the meaningless updates

You know it's Filler, Filler Night!

Yo're struggling to stay up from that Killer, Filler tonight!

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
As close as we are getting to E3 at this point, I'm not suspecting much over the next few weeks. Probably that fact is what makes the picture less irriating for me.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
We've seen the AT redesign a few times, so this update isn't too exciting. I don't think anyone thought there was going to be a different design in the capsule for any of the ATs, so the caption didn't add much. I was hoping when I saw the picture on the site there was going to be a link with a bunch of AT reveals, but I guess it'd make sense to save some of the major ATs for E3.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'm loving the look of the AT capsule... I mean, everything in SSB4 looks great. :laugh:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I guess this is the calm before the storm. I hope we get a couple of early lightning strikes first if you know what I mean.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well, it looks neat I guess.
But I don't think this is something worth an entire pic for.

Last edited:

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Well, E3. I just think of that when hype levels are low, and I also re-watch parts of the Direct. :p

Is this the first time we saw the Assist Trophy unopened though?

spader13

Smash Journeyman
Well, E3. I just think of that when hype levels are low, and I also re-watch parts of the Direct. :p

Is this the first time we saw the Assist Trophy unopened though?
It was in the Press Kit or the Direct (or both). I know we had seen the redesign already though.

We've got 15 updates left (counting the first Day of E3 since the update will be up before it starts). While I'm not expecting a character before E3, it'd be nice to get details on the Kalos E4 stage or to have a new Final Smash revealed in those updates.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I don't expect 3 boring pics in a row though; I mean, that is what Sakurai wants us to expect. Everyone expects filler, so when we don't get filler, everyone is hype x 2.
Yeah, I'm not expecting anything fantastic. Something that is actual news but not too great. Maybe I'll be surprised though.

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
So, which significant potential Newcomer(s) do people predict will be the inevitable disconfirmation(s) this week? Sakurai only has 14 more days to let fans down easily.

My guesses, from most likely to be disconfirmed in a Pic of the Day before E3 at the top, to the least likely at the bottom:

Ghirahim
Isaac
Tingle
King. K Rool
Medusa and Hades (to tease us in preparation for the Palutena reveal)
Bowser Jr.
Lucina and Robin/Tactician
Bandana Dee
Shulk
Takamaru
Professor Layton
Bayonetta
Krystal
Paper Mario
Geno
a definite Ridley disconfirmation (there's no way Sakurai will tell us his fate before E3)

Palutena, Chrom, Mii and Pac-Man are getting in for sure, in my opinion, so I didn't list them.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
So, which significant potential Newcomer(s) do people predict will be the inevitable disconfirmation(s) this week? Sakurai only has 14 more days to let fans down easily.

My guesses, from most likely to be disconfirmed in a Pic of the Day before E3 at the top, to the least likely at the bottom:

Ghirahim
Isaac
Tingle
King. K Rool
Bowser Jr.
Bandana Dee
Shulk
Takamaru
Professor Layton
Bayonetta
Krystal
Paper Mario
Geno
a definite Ridley disconfirmation (there's no way Sakurai will tell us his fate before E3)

Palutena, Chrom, Mii and Pac-Man are getting in for sure, in my opinion, so I didn't list them.
Layton and Bayonetta won't be in this game in any form. They're not Nintendo IPs. I doubt we'll see Geno either.

I think that a lot of characters Smashboardians talk about aren't even on Sakurai's radar, unfortunately.

Isaac and Tingle are the only ones on I see him discussing before release.​

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
While I believe Palutena and Chrom have good chance to reveal as playable characters, I couldn't see how is Mii possible, when it was subtle deconfirmed during "Global Smash Power" in Smash Bros Direct.

Still has doubt for Pac-Man because 1. Sakurai already said Namco's not getting any special treatment, 2. There are Special Flags that seemed to function like Assist Trophies that summon Namco's characters in pixelated form. Maybe we'll see a pixelated Pac-Man summoned from it.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Ghirahim
Isaac
Tingle
King. K Rool
Bowser Jr.
Bandana Dee
Shulk
Takamaru
Professor Layton
Bayonetta
Krystal
Paper Mario
Geno

Any of them is possible for a assist trophy deconfirmations except.

GET KING K ROOL OUT OF THERE he would deconfirmed by boss hazard not assist trophy.

And yes Ridley fate is not till E3 for sure (by the way if he does not say ridley is not playable when hes shown its not over).

Oh and i feel thr lame updates means a hype one is soon like thr mext reveal or something.

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622

Layton and Bayonetta won't be in this game in any form. They're not Nintendo IPs. I doubt we'll see Geno either.

I think that a lot of characters Smashboardians talk about aren't even on Sakurai's radar, unfortunately.

Isaac and Tingle are the only ones on I see him discussing before release.​
Layton is best newcomer. Seriously, he's a perfect fit...I just hope Sakurai knows what he's doing (Although he proved that he doesn't with Wonder Red) and we don't get any more crappy pics.

Last edited:

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
This kind of stuff makes me laugh, I'm sorry, but.. I just find these sorts of comments to be nitpicky. The camera view is zoomed out and thus they leave some parts of the models less smooth for optimization.

I don't want to seem like a defending fanboy but why do people even point these things out when you won't be able to notice the subtle polys in game?
The Snapshot mode is a big feature, though. It may big nitpicky, but it's too noticeable. The Mario Bros. noses are essentially octagons. I know Wii U is capable of handling more polygons. Too many points in this game. That said, I still enjoy the way the game looks.

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
The Snapshot mode is a big feature, though. It may big nitpicky, but it's too noticeable. The Mario Bros. noses are essentially octagons. I know Wii U is capable of handling more polygons. Too many points in this game. That said, I still enjoy the way the game looks.
Prioritization. We all know how chaotic a match can become in Smash, so graphics probably have to be downplayed to make sure that there are as little dips in the frame rate as possible. Gotta keep up that 60FPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom