• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Prioritization. We all know how chaotic a match can become in Smash, so graphics probably have to be downplayed to make sure that there are as little dips in the frame rate as possible. Gotta keep up that 60FPS.
This is true. I obviously can't do any game code digging, but to me it looks like Mario Kart 8 has more going on in the background, plus the models look great and there's 12 of them. Everything is animated. Blocky polygons in Smash with only 4 characters on stages that have blurry textures seems kind of lazy? Maybe it's to play it safe, but I hope they find out they have room to improve it near the final stages of development. It just seems weird to be going for 1080p in a 2d fighter if I'm going to snap pictures of noticeable geometry and blurry textures.

Last edited:

Espio264

Smash Ace
So, the last two Wednesdays brought us collectable trophies and accompanying disconformations of characters with a moderate to outside chance of making the roster.

Do we think tomorrow will be the third Wednesday in a row?
If so, will it disconfirm somebody?
Could it be somebody with really high probability?

Or I'm just wrong and It'll be ZS with a Franklin Badge, and the caption:

"Stop staring at my Franklin badge!"

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
So, the last two Wednesdays brought us collectable trophies and accompanying disconformations of characters with a moderate to outside chance of making the roster.

Do we think tomorrow will be the third Wednesday in a row?
If so, will it disconfirm somebody?
Could it be somebody with really high probability?

Or I'm just wrong and It'll be ZS with a Franklin Badge, and the caption:

"Stop staring at my Franklin badge!"
I hope it's another deconfirmation. Even though they make some people sad, I think it's good to get them out of the way so we can narrow down the roster more.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I've kinda given up hope for a new stage and definitely new characters this month, its a lil too late. I feel a much more probable update update to occur would be... Donkey Kong making a funny face at a master ball with a caption like "Master Balls contain rare and legendary Pokemon! The design is sleek and refreshing! We put a lot of detail into the weirdest things."
EDIT: Ooh, deconfirmations would be nice though. Great to be sad now instead of when you get the "You unlocked everyone!" message.

Last edited:

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
This is true. I obviously can't do any game code digging, but to me it looks like Mario Kart 8 has more going on in the background, plus the models look great and there's 12 of them. Everything is animated. Blocky polygons in Smash with only 4 characters on stages that have blurry textures seems kind of lazy? Maybe it's to play it safe, but I hope they find out they have room to improve it near the final stages of development. It just seems weird to be going for 1080p in a 2d fighter if I'm going to snap pictures of noticeable geometry and blurry textures.
Fair points all around. I think it might be a factor that particle effects and all can go off at once rapidly in smash where as in mario kart they're more contained.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Just want to point out that this is the perfect song to play in loop while waiting for the potd

It's like a mystery that will happen soon followed with anticipation (will it be a filler or a mind blower?)

Tackman91

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tackman91
3DS FC
0259-0399-7980
I hope it's another deconfirmation. Even though they make some people sad, I think it's good to get them out of the way so we can narrow down the roster more.
Pac-Man assist trophy :troll:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I just want a new stage!! On the Wii U. DK or Kirby or Star Fox...

IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK SAKU-RIZZLE?!

Maybe not tonight, although I think tonight will be better than the last two days.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
It's funny that you say this because I tough the same but I don't know which music is like this. Well, some pokemon staff worked on earthbound so it could have come from there (I heard there was more obvious references.)
Yeah, it sounds a bit like the very first song on the OST (Giygas Strikes Back):

spader13

Smash Journeyman
Seeing all the music posted here, I wish there were a way to do music updates on Miiverse. Those were some of my favorite Dojo updates.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
I just got out of the hospital today, so I was really stoked to see that female Villager had been confirmed while I was gone.
I'm going to a five-day aftercare camp tomorrow, so I'll have three pics waiting for me when I get back.

I just want a new stage!! On the Wii U. DK or Kirby or Star Fox...

IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK SAKU-RIZZLE?!

Maybe not tonight, although I think tonight will be better than the last two days.
Never played the series, but I want to see the Wii U Mother stage so badly. Mother has an amazing style that I want to see in HD.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Never played the series, but I want to see the Wii U Mother stage so badly. Mother has an amazing style that I want to see in HD.
Me too. I don't think Sakurai has even given us a Mother stage that takes full advantage of how awesome some of the in-game locations are.

By the look of things, tonight's update might be the Male Trainer.
By the look of what things? Are you some code-cracking master?

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
A surprise pika-man costume would make my forever

You know, before the actual ganondorf reveal

...... Before the captain falcon reveal

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Me waking up and checking the Miiverse posts expecting Veterans or Stages these past few days :

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
He was confirmed by a PotD long before the direct.
So was everything else :troll:

Seriously. Monday was so revealed. I want to unreveal it and think of a caption of something I already know about in hopes of the next best PotD.

A surprise pika-man costume would make my forever

You know, before the actual ganondorf reveal

...... Before the captain falcon reveal
Oh manny man... True Detective was the best show I've seen all year, and I love my Hannibal and Game of Thrones.

erm... I will let Sakurai throw Wolf in the closet if he does any of those. I will hand him over Wolf immediately.

Good news is tonight can't be worse then yesterday. The only thing that could top the crappiness is if it's just a picture of Mario or Link with no new information.

Last edited:

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
I predict a Kirby hat.

Last edited:

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman

Layton and Bayonetta won't be in this game in any form. They're not Nintendo IPs. I doubt we'll see Geno either.

I think that a lot of characters Smashboardians talk about aren't even on Sakurai's radar, unfortunately.

Isaac and Tingle are the only ones on I see him discussing before release.​
Agree that many people have an incorrect sense of which characters are even remotely possible.
Any of them is possible for a assist trophy deconfirmations except.

GET KING K ROOL OUT OF THERE he would deconfirmed by boss hazard not assist trophy.

And yes Ridley fate is not till E3 for sure (by the way if he does not say ridley is not playable when hes shown its not over).

Oh and i feel thr lame updates means a hype one is soon like thr mext reveal or something.
Now that I've thought about it more I don't believe Sakurai would use a PotD to reveal a boss. So I'd put K. Rool down at the bottom near Ridley now.

I think Medusa and/or Hades has a good shot at being shown pre-E3 as an AT or trophy. If Medusa and Hades are bosses he won't show them in a PotD pre-E3....but if at least one of them is a trophy or assist trophy (which is very possible) Sakurai very well might shown them in a Pic of the Day soon in order to hype up Palutena's E3 reveal. I doubt both are bosses, but who knows.

As for Ghirahim, I think he's the most likely significant, never-before-seen-in-Smash character to be disconfirmed in a pre-E3 PotD.

Last edited:

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
The last few Wednesday PoTDs were trophies, so.. inb4 yet another character deconfirmation.

jk, as if Sakurai follows patterns

D

Deleted member

I predict a follow up to yesterday.

-An Assist reveal
-Salty tears from a fanbase

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
The irony: Ridley was originally going to be an Assist for Brawl.
It's what the Direct was hyping up! Ridley had to be relegated to being a story boss in Brawl to add star power to Adventure mode, but now he returns to Smash 4 as his originally intended role as an Assist Trophy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom