• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KatKit

Smash Lord
I seriously thought that was Diddy helplessly flipping away from a traveling Falcon Punch at first.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What stage does the second picture take place in? Looks familar but I can't put my finger on it.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Finally, some Charizard updates. I hope Flare Blitz hurts like a b**** because recoil damage will limit its usability. I'm not sure how I feel about Rock Smash, I use it a lot but I still think it's a weird move for Charizard. Personally, I don't think it matches Charizard too much.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Thought i was the only one who immediately thought falcon kick. In a way it almost seems like a falcon kick....Only damaging. I wonder if that will cause any change in Falcon's moveset...:urg:
I doubt it- Charizard and Bowser both have a fire breath, Mario and Luigi both have a fireball, ect. I wouldn't worry about it.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I'll want to see the exact effects of the move, since its usefulness will depend on how its power and priority compare to the recoil (and ending lag). It'll be a little disorienting trying to get used to the moved Rock Smash, especially when switching between the two games. Confirmation that Charizard X is a final smash is nice though still expected. I'm glad they finally gave us Charizard info though! (And yes, I fall in the group that originally saw the fire and thought Falcon Kick)

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I'll be interested to see how potent the move is and how negative the impact is.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Well since it's back now I guess you're just going to have to CONITUNUE LIKING IT!!!
TOUGH LUCK KID, AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA #DEALWITHIT
I'm tired of Charizard slamming his head into boulders though :troll:.

He probably has brain damage by now.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Well since it's back now I guess you're just going to have to CONITUNUE LIKING IT!!!
TOUGH LUCK KID, AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA #DEALWITHIT
#ROCKSMASHOP #IWANTEDITBACKBECAUSEITWASSOGOOD #HASHTAG

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
We got a explonation about how Charizard's Flare Blitz works (as well as that it IS Flare Blitz), we found out that Charizard still has Rock Smash, and it was confirmed MegaCharizardX really IS his Final Smash. :/ I don't see how this is a boring update.

If that's a boring update, then the Picture of Luigi sniffing Marth's neck must be like a kick in the nuts~
He finds everything boring.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I knew he had a new Side-B.

Nice to see two pics in one day too!

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
Finally! Thank you based Sakurai for your glorious update. Please continue to give back to your people through the wondrous powers of your Miiverse updates.
(FYI maining Charizard for sure now.)

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
We've been getting a lot of those lately. I guess Sakurai simply has too much information to show :troll:. That explains Luigi's nose...:chuckle:

Same,
Charizard's da bomb
If we didn't get Luigi's nose, what would we be comparing these pictures to...?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm hoping for Ice Fire Light and Bomb arrow alt moves, maybe a sliver one too. Even if the light arrows clash with Zelda or Sheik's final smash(if it stays the same for one or of them one of both of them).
The first four could be custom moves choices. Also, the Silver Arrow is not literally the Light Arrow. It's something that came later in the story and is likely just some similar-powered one.

While I don't see any reason to suspect in any given game that Ganondorf couldn't conceivably just punch Link to death(he's always a pretty burly fellow and he's got the triforce of power which...maybe gives you enhanced physical strength? It might just give him more powerful magic) I've played every Zelda game with Gannondorf in it and of the top of my head I can't think of a single instance where gannondorf fights with his hands and feet. I think...maybe he kicks you in Windwaker? And he tosses you aside in a cinematic. Other than that there was a OoT poster where it looks like he's about to punch Link and that's about it. So while he could conceivably fight with his limbs, it's really not at all associated with his character. In a similar sense you could say give Ike a spear since he should probably know how to use one, but he never actually uses a spear in any of the games he's in.
Technically speaking, choke slamming someone is fighting with your hands. Just saying. Also, you think a burly man with tons of muscles can't kick or punch? Of course he can. That's logical. As I said, he's only in there because he's a clone and nothing more. That's word of Sakurai. And yes, using your Triforce of Power to do powerful moves, even filled with magic, is a logical approach. I think it makes perfect sense, but eh.

He fights with magic, and only used a regular sword "once", and only because he was thrown in TP despite adding nothing of use to the real story. He shouldn't have ever been put in there, and other than having a fun fight at the end, it was a waste of time overall. Zant was the real villain and drove the story. But anyway.

As for the sword, while he doesn't ever have a sword in OoT(though Ganon does like you said), the reason why people wanted him to use a sword in smash pre-wind Waker was because people got in a huge tizzy about Ganondorf and Link swordfighting in the spaceworld 2000 trailer-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBtAvX4Pkyk
The sword Ganondorf has in that trailer even shows up in Melee during one of Ganondorf's win poses. Then by the time brawl came out there was Wind Waker and Twilight princess both ending in big sword fights with Ganondorf meaning in two out of three Gaonondorf's appearances(as opposed to Ganon) he used a sword prominently and people REALLY wanted him to have a sword, especially when they used his TP design which is mostly known for his swordfight. And Sakurai even directly addressed that by giving him the sword taunt and making a post in the dojo asking Ganondorf why he doesn't use it. Also if you want to go out on a limb and talk about weapons in general Ganon/Gannondorf uses one in every game except the first and the CDi games, though Ganon prefers the trident over sword(which I know a lot of people want him to have in smash.
Again, it was never an option. He was never going to be more than a clone. Ever. That wasn't on the table.

Also, that's not even from a real game or a real appearance. Tech demos are concepts. It was the only sword his OOT style had, so it was thrown in as a joke at best. His TP version would require a complete overhaul of the character in order to use the sword, alienating the fanbase too much. He probably could've gotten a stance change, but he didn't. As noted before, stance changes are almost the same as transformations, it's highly unlikely he'll ever get his sword. To be honest, I don't even care. Make it a taunt. That's not what I think made him notable at all.

Both of those aside I'd agree with you that the magic is the primary aspect of Ganondorf's powers(he is a dark wizard after all), though in recent years Nintendo seems to be trying to put the sword to equal importance at least in regards to fighting, though the magic still has more plot significance. And the ping pong attack is definitely his most iconic attack.
Not sure why they bother with the sword(s). They're nice and all but add little to the overall character. WW is the only time where it had any significance, and that's because it was two swords and it proved that despite looking like an overweight guy, he moved smoothly. It was just for cool points in TP at best, but added nothing otherwise.

And yeah, give him the magical moves.

ANYWAY as far as Ganondorf in smash is concerned I'm fine with the way he is now. He's fine minus severely needing buffs and honestly pretty unique and I'm generally against giving characters a complete rehall. Plus two of my friends mained the hell out of him in Brawl so it just wouldn't be the same without him dominating every damn category on my records list.
Same. I loved him in Melee.

I can think of several ways you could implement his sword or magic without totally rehalling him though. Like people said you could let him switch between sword and barehanded though that might clash with the no double character thing, though you could tone that down by making it change only his A or his B moves(and either way you aren't changing models which makes it HUGELY different from the previous transform characters. More like a stance change or weapon change in Soul Caliber or Mortal Kombat, and honestly Smash is kind of overdue for a stance character). You could also keep his moveset mostly the same but add in just a couple moves that incorporate his sword or his magic. Or...just make another Gannondorf as a separate character. We already got two Links aand there's possible evidence two Zelda's were planned for brawl. Have TP or Oot Gannondorf use fists/magic and Windwaker use swords, or however you want to mix and match it. Or have Ganondorf and Ganon separate and have Ganon use dat trident or his swords from OoT. Seriously there's like a gajilion ways to address the "Gaonnondorf issue" as it were.
It's likely the transformations were what stance changes are. Bandai-Namco is there, so we could be surprised. I just think replacing his B with Energy Balls and leaving it at that, while buffing him, restoring his Melee speed, is enough. Small changes works with me. If and only if he takes his Toon form do I think Swords are worth it. A double sword user is unique enough for me to want it. I don't care about a single sword. That's just not enough, imo.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
That and Dragon Claw "is cooler/more fitting" than Rock Smash.
Well, it definitely is. I'll agree with that much for those guys. It'd probably be a lot less annoying than the dumb rock move, too.

But this is the first I've ever heard of people thinking Dragon Claw was in the game. *shrugs* People will assume everything is anything, I guess.

And Smash Ganon is terrible. Canon Ganon or GTFO.

Last edited:

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I was referring to the grounded pics of him slashing, which were obviously his jab, but others felt otherwise. That and Dragon Claw "is cooler/more fitting" than Rock Smash.
But....everyone teaches their Charizard rock smash :troll:.

Yeah, that's a pretty weird assumption though. I think him having something else might be cooler, but rock smash is a pretty good move, and it'll probably have some sweet improvements this time 'round.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
The first four could be custom moves choices. Also, the Silver Arrow is not literally the Light Arrow. It's something that came later in the story and is likely just some similar-powered one.

Technically speaking, choke slamming someone is fighting with your hands. Just saying. Also, you think a burly man with tons of muscles can't kick or punch? Of course he can. That's logical. As I said, he's only in there because he's a clone and nothing more. That's word of Sakurai. And yes, using your Triforce of Power to do powerful moves, even filled with magic, is a logical approach. I think it makes perfect sense, but eh.

He fights with magic, and only used a regular sword "once", and only because he was thrown in TP despite adding nothing of use to the real story. He shouldn't have ever been put in there, and other than having a fun fight at the end, it was a waste of time overall. Zant was the real villain and drove the story. But anyway.

Again, it was never an option. He was never going to be more than a clone. Ever. That wasn't on the table.

Also, that's not even from a real game or a real appearance. Tech demos are concepts. It was the only sword his OOT style had, so it was thrown in as a joke at best. His TP version would require a complete overhaul of the character in order to use the sword, alienating the fanbase too much. He probably could've gotten a stance change, but he didn't. As noted before, stance changes are almost the same as transformations, it's highly unlikely he'll ever get his sword. To be honest, I don't even care. Make it a taunt. That's not what I think made him notable at all.

Not sure why they bother with the sword(s). They're nice and all but add little to the overall character. WW is the only time where it had any significance, and that's because it was two swords and it proved that despite looking like an overweight guy, he moved smoothly. It was just for cool points in TP at best, but added nothing otherwise.

And yeah, give him the magical moves.

Same. I loved him in Melee.

It's likely the transformations were what stance changes are. Bandai-Namco is there, so we could be surprised. I just think replacing his B with Energy Balls and leaving it at that, while buffing him, restoring his Melee speed, is enough. Small changes works with me. If and only if he takes his Toon form do I think Swords are worth it. A double sword user is unique enough for me to want it. I don't care about a single sword. That's just not enough, imo.
I'd be fine with just the Dead Man's Volley as his B as well, but i'm going to stop you when you discuss Ganondorf in TP. Zant wasn't the main villain of that story at all. We learned about Ganondorf being in the game after Arbiter's Grounds. He didn't pop up out of no where like Demise seemed to.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'd be fine with just the Dead Man's Volley as his B as well, but i'm going to stop you when you discuss Ganondorf in TP. Zant wasn't the main villain of that story at all. We learned about Ganondorf being in the game after Arbiter's Grounds. He didn't pop up out of no where like Demise seemed to.
No. Zant was the real main villain. Ganondorf was just "there". That did nothing to make him notable. He apparently gave Zant power, but doesn't drive the real plot in any way. The plot is about Midna and Zant. Zelda and Ganondorf did way too little in comparison. They were only good for boss fights throughout the whole game. Their plot significance is not high at all. Calling him the main villain is completely misleading. That'd require the plot to revolve around him(it did not revolve around Ganondorf in any way). He was no more than a last minute boss at all. We knew he existed, and giving some power to the main villain doesn't make he himself the main villain, just one of the villains. Literally all he did by the end was reenact his "Kidnap Princess, must save her" boring thing, with the twist of fighting Zelda as a fun bonus. Even among the 4-part fight, nowhere does he add anything of note to the plot itself. It looked cool, but that's it. That is not to say the fights weren't fun, but that has nothing to do with important to the plot, which Ganondorf has little significance overall. He didn't even have to exist and the story would be pretty much the same, Zant would have a different power source(and should have anyway).

The main plot ended when Zant was beaten, and the rest was "kill the guy who gave him his power, cause hey, can't have that guy running around." That's about all Ganondorf could do, be there just because it was cool to add him in. They made the Triforce appear, a good enough excuse to throw him into the game. Likewise, Ganondorf is outright stated he's supposed to only be in games where the Triforce has plot significance(and that's why he's part of the story itself). The Triforce had practically no significance to the plot of TP at all, just a quick power-up tool that some characters used for some feats and that's it. It wasn't key to the plot itself, which is sad, considering its past importance, but that's not what TP itself. It's all about Midna and Zant(the main characters besides Link. Everybody else is just a blip on the radar overall) and their struggle. Link just helped, cause it's what he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom