• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Taking recoil from Flare Blitz is a genius idea on Sakurai's behalf. Not only because it stays true to the move, but it's a nice way to balance a powerful move. Chairzard is the new Pichu.
The difference is that Charizard is a heavyweight, and will care a lot less about a little extra damage. Which is good, of course.

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I figured the Mega Evolutions would be a Final Smash. Not really disappointed though, Mega Zard X and Flare Blitz look sick.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Flame Blitz has him moving forward, so Side B makes sense. Rock Smash lets him grab a rock, doing a powerful attack. Remember, he's done power moves for Down B. Mario Tornado and the clone versions, Kirby's Stone, Samus and Links' Bombs...

juddy96

Smash Lord
In addition to being good info, this increases the chances that Greninja's Substitute also stays in line with the Pokemon games by cutting his health by 1/4 (probably 25% for Smash).

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I wonder if he keeps his elemental weakness and resistance. It would be cool if he were resistant to fire instead of grass this time (now that there are no grass users).
That we know of yet. :p

Honestly, I rarely used Pokemon Trainer in Brawl so I didn't even know they had elemental weaknesses.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
In addition to being good info, this increases the chances that Greninja's Substitute also stays in line with the Pokemon games by cutting his health by 1/4 (probably 25% for Smash).
WTF would be the point of using it then? That's some pretty significant self inflicted damage.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I wonder if he keeps his elemental weakness and resistance. It would be cool if he were resistant to fire instead of grass this time (now that there are no grass users).
I'd love an elemental aspect, but for Pokemon only.

Chaizard would have an advantage over Lucario, Lucario would over Greninja and Greninja would over Charizard. Pikachu would over Chairzard and Greninja, and Jiggs new fairy typing would over Greninja and Lucario.

Might overcomplicate some matters though.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Am I the only one who didn't think it was Captain Falcon and saw Charizard immediately? C'mon guys, that doesn't even look like a burning falcon. and the Cap isn't anywhere to be seen.

You guys are tired. Go to bed. ¦(
But it's like, close to 8:am where I am. D=

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I may not be big about Charizard, but even I have to admit that looks cool. Plus they talked about another Final Smash, so I can't be angry about it.

Meanwhile, can't wait to see noobs spam Side B in the basic brawl equivalent and become a Pichu, if you know what I mean.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I'd love an elemental aspect, but for Pokemon only.

Chaizard would have an advantage over Lucario, Lucario would over Greninja and Greninja would over Charizard. Pikachu would over Chairzard and Greninja, and Jiggs new fairy typing would over Greninja and Lucario.

Might overcomplicate some matters though.
But balancing! :smash:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Just throwing it out there, I totally claimed to have insider information, then predicted Charizard moveset info in multiple pics.

From now on, you can call me Sal Romano.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
So now we basically know all of Charizard's moveset. There's no way that Sakurai is getting rid of Flamethrower (considering that in Brawl he said "you can't have Charizard without Flamethrower") so this really just leaves Fly on the table still.

ZardX looks hype.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Am I the only one here who actually likes Rock Smash as one of his specials?

That said I'm glad he's got at least one new special. Happy to see Rock Smash was kept as well.

Last edited:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
WTF would be the point of using it then? That's some pretty significant self inflicted damage.
yeah i agree, in that case you might as well just dodge or take the hit

---
Mega Charizard x looks great though, and im assuming all his fire attacks will now be in blue flames, it would just look odd otherwise. And perhaps they still do a giant special move once the final smash is activated, they could just remain in mega forme after until they are KO'ed.

So he keeps the rock...I guess everyone wins that way. But still...I really hated the rock.

Charizard X being a Final Smash makes sense, though I would rather him be an alt costume. Good pic of the day

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
A good update.

And I was right about Mega Charizard X being his Final Smash.

And a bit peeved that they kept Rock Smash.

Staarih

Smash Master
Yay, Charizard pic finally! Mega Charizard X looks great, guess it also confirms Mega Lucario as a FS (and Mega Mewtwo).

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
How do you think Lucario will mega evolve? In the direct, it didn't say how he'll do it.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
cool, it's good to know he still has rock smash. I know it doesn't fit his character well but it was a fun move to pull of never-the-less. Also if flare blitz does damage to Solozard, I hope that means it at the very least has priority.

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
Using a Smash Ball.
It's possible that Lucario's MEga Evo isn't a Final Smash, since it lacks the dark lighting that comes with MEga Charizard X. It likely is a Final Smash, but there is the possibility Lucario might have some other way to access it and can have on-demand full-power Aura Storms.

Could just be a Giga Mac too, where it's a transformation just decides not to keep the dark lighting because **** you, but it's an interesting thought that it might not.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I can't say I care about Mega Charizard X that much, but it's nice to learn about the other two moves. I did expect that they would add the Flare Blitz effect considering how Charizard reacted in the trailer, I'm curious how long that recoil animation will last though as it could be risky if he remains in it for too long. Rock Smash staying kind of surprised me, but it was decent in Brawl, so I don't mind it being back, hopefully it's buffed a bit though.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Sakurai why must you take all of the negative aspects from Pokemon but not the positive ones? Flare Blitz doing recoil, Pichu hurt itself which to be fair is more from the movie than the games. There was type weaknesses (and resistances that didn't matter) and then there was the whole stamina thing which didn't even make sense. Why not give Charizard's fire attacks a chance to burn the enemy causing additional damage and lowering their attack power or give Pika a chance to stun enemies the way ZSS does or make it so sometimes when male characters attack Puff they become infatuated? There are so many positive things that could be 'true to the game' that aren't put in yet recoil and weaknesses are :/

No but in all honesty and with pointless complaining aside xD good pic now that we know what replaces the Pokemon switch and we know for sure what his Final Smash is. Since it keeps being shown in the air I'm gonna guess it'll behave like Yoshi's.

Morbi

Scavenger
Wonder how move customization would effect these specials...
That is the question of the day, maybe one of his variants has him throwing the rock instead. I would be down for that. Or maybe there is a really weak flare blitz without the recoil. The possibilities are endless.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
That is the question of the day, maybe one of his variants has him throwing the rock instead. I would be down for that. Or maybe there is a really weak flare blitz without the recoil. The possibilities are endless.
Wouldn't that change the move from "Rock Smash" to "Rock Throw", though?

Charizard can't learn that. ¦(

Morbi

Scavenger
Wouldn't that change the move from "Rock Smash" to "Rock Throw", though?

Charizard can't learn that. ¦(
Well maybe there is a variant where he picks it up and walks a step or two before Smashing it. I don't know. I just feel as though the range was the overt detriment attributed to the move, so something with more range seems likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom