• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
No characters this month I think.

However if Sakurai must reveal one, wouldn't mind seeing HD Falco.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Not sure what to expect if we do get a character. Yoshi is long overdue, FE6 (with Roy) was released on 3/29 in 2002, but beyond that it's anyone's guess.

I just wish that I could stay up tonight. If not for the hype, then to get more work done. >_>

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Guys these vids are lagging the crap out of mobile and slower desk/laptops. I'm gonna ask that you either remove, only link, or spoiler them. And to take it down a notch in general.

juddy96

Smash Lord
Guys these vids are lagging the crap out of mobile and slower desk/laptops. I'm gonna ask that you either remove, only link, or spoiler them. And to take it down a notch in general.
Done. I'll spoiler tag videos from now on :)

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I'm predicting we'll get a character reveal either tonight or Monday. We've gotten new characters at the end of months before. So why shouldn't we be treated to that again?

But I swear, if it takes like past 30 minutes to update the pic, no point in staying up any further.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I came thinking I could feel the HYPE in the air in this topic today, but no...
Maybe we're ... you know... learning something?
Anyway I'm expecting a non-Yoshi character just to be tr00led again with some meh-update.

juddy96

Smash Lord
One of the prime candidates in the "Who might Sakurai pull out of his *** to reveal tonight?" category, coming along with one of the most... interesting songs in Smash...

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Part of me is expecting Wario to come around for some reason. Would love to see him come back this time soon. Maybe with alt costumes as one of the pics on his page.

The pay-off of Yoshi morning was terrible. X.X

juddy96

Smash Lord
Sakurai has finally done it. He's got us right where he wants us, with many of us not believing a character is coming anymore. Will he strike? Time will tell. I still have 1 more song to post just before 3, to lead the charge!

insomniac19

Smash Journeyman
I swear, waiting for the PotD every night has improved my level of patience to a celestial state. I'm becoming far too apathetic when it comes to them.

Shroob

Sup?
The fact we're not even peaking over 50 guests pretty much confirms that most people like myself aren't expecting much.

WIldBam

Smash Apprentice
I wish Sakurai would update the site a few hours earlier when he's about to reveal a new character by just putting up the "challenger approaching " banner. I think it would be good for building up hype and give time for many people to speculate....it would also let those who wait up just for character to sleep instead.

Shroob

Sup?
I just urge everyone to not get excited. I highly doubt we're going to get anything, though I'd love to be proven wrong, of course.

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
Many character updates have been really early - like half an hour before the normal time. So any moment now!

If it's over 30 minutes late, we can basically assume it'll be crap since I don't think we've ever had a very delayed PotD that turned out anything but disappointing.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I just urge everyone to not get excited. I highly doubt we're going to get anything, though I'd love to be proven wrong, of course.
Don't listen to Baker, people of Smashboards! He's just trying to peddle his fearmongering propaganda!

Take your emotive destiny into your own hands!

insomniac19

Smash Journeyman
It feels like since the DST change we haven't been getting much for early PotD's. In fact quite a few of them have been at least an hour late. :/

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
Let's say he doesn't reveal a character in March. Why would he forsake us like that? Let's examine the possibilities:

Optimistic reasoning: he's planning a massive, multi-character reveal for the next Direct as well as at E3, and wants to save as many characters as possible for these huge reveals.

Pessimistic reasoning: SSB4 will be releasing in December, and Nintendo told him/he decided to slow down the hype train so that he'll have plenty of veterans to reveal in October, November, etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom