• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Damn, today's PotD is such a nostalgic picture. 3DS version stages deliver again.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
I am now honestly considering replaying OoT because of this pic. Dammit Sakurai
I don't have time for this.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I replay OoT and TP so much that I can never really get into them to begin with because I've beaten the first temple that many times it just makes me angry.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Such a tease ;-; we've got Link, Toon Link, Zelda, that phantom thing, Skyloft, Gerudo, a fairy in a bottle, the beetle, these two, and yet no Ganondorf. I suppose anyone wanting Sheik feels the same way, though it is nice to see how much Zelda related content has been shown, especially new stuff like this.

Edit: Oh and Skull Kid
Edit #2: Go figure, I forgot another Zelda related thing, that train stage with Conductor Link and Alfonzo, odds are I've forgotten something else too

Last edited:

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
Wasn't expecting something that cool. Nice way to start off the week. Having them merge to form Twinrova would be pretty sweet.

Staarih

Smash Master
These pictures can really help improve your general knowledge when it comes to Nintendo and gaming. Well, actually the Smash Bros games in general do this. For example, I had no idea who these two characters were so I had to google them, and now I know more and am super intrigued. That's the beauty of these games.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
These pictures can really help improve your general knowledge when it comes to Nintendo and gaming. Well, actually the Smash Bros games in general do this. For example, I had no idea who these two characters were so I had to google them, and now I know more and am super intrigued. That's the beauty of these games.
That means you never played Ocarina Of Time. Go. Now.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
There's ALWAYS time for OoT...

One of the few old gen games I can still replay without getting bored.

Speaking of which I REALLY need to replay Majora's Mask... Haven't played that one in at least 5-6 years.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
Ohh, I know, I've never even touched a Zelda game, how lame is that haha! It's always been a work in progress though... maybe I should set a goal to try out a Zelda game before SSB4 comes out.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Not a bad picture of the day today to start the week. I'm not opposed to getting some love for the Zelda series, and an occasional 3DS update isn't so bad either (with the Wii U still obviously being peferable, though). With this revelation being made known to us, I would believe it is safe to assume that Koume had started the fire hazard we previously had seen on the [Gerudo Valley] stage before, and perhaps Kotake will bring an additional ice hazard as well.

Edit: Magic Hag's Potion Shop would now be an excellent alternative song for the Gerudo Valley stage as well (please).

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I've never played it either. In fact, I've never played a single Zelda game in my life. =D

I have, however, watched through them all and researched and read up on them all and the overall lore and backstory of the series...Except the CD-i games, because I'm not a masochist. ¦D;

But I shall finally step up and have my first venture into the Zelda series soon...

Starting and most likely ending with Hyrule Warriors, since I can just cut up stuff and not think about a damn thing. Trololololol ¦3

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
man this kicks the theory on pyro not showing ridley yet in the balls.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Geez people, I don't hate Sakurai, I just said it's rare when the PoTD's something people actually want or expect. And of course I'd love to know much more about the game than what we know now, these pics leave the fanbase info-starved.

Hey, but at least we got something decent today, a cool pair of new stage hazards...he should show the KI stage (even though it's not Aurum Islands, so it's not that exciting) because that's what people are requesting.

Oh, and you can't tell me that he was all mr. nice developer during the Pyrosphere reveal, when he toyed around with Ridley fans without even thinking about the fact that Ridley getting in is one of the deciding factors for this game being just good or incredibly awesome.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I kind of have a feeling that fire isn't the only hazard that Gerudo Valley may be dealing with, as both Kotake and Koume are present. If anything, Kotake could freeze a portion of the battlefield, making it slippery.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
In my opinion you cannot ever call yourself a gamer until you have played Ocarina of Time. It is the classics of classics, and even if you prefer Wind Waker or Majoras Mask you have to enjoy this fantastic game, I am grounding you to your room, either play the wii, 3ds, GameCube or n64 version now young man. Now shoo and don't come out until you have beaten it

Last edited:

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
I should probably finish playing OoT. I've only gotten to, like, the fire temple or something. At least I know I've never fought Kotake and Koume. IT'S OKAY, AT LEAST I KNOW WHO THEY ARE.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
In my opinion you cannot ever call yourself a gamer until you have played Ocarina of Time. It is the classics of classics, and even if you prefer Wind Waker or Majoras Mask you have to enjoy this fantastic game, I am grounding you to your room, either play the wii, 3ds, GameCube or n64 version now young man. Now shoo and don't come out until you have beaten it
In my opinion, this is bull****. And that is why quite a lot of people are negative towards Ocarina of Time. Anyone can call themselves gamers without having player Ocarina of Time (or any other games). That being said, Ocarina of Time is an amazing game and everyone should consider playing it indeed. The same is valid for Majora's Mask.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Ah, so I was right about a character disconfirmation.

I guess they are stage hazards. If they were ATs, I would have felt much more confident about Tingle.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Ah, so I was right about a character disconfirmation.

I guess they are stage hazards. If they were ATs, I would have felt much more confident about Tingle.
This kind of makes you wonder what would happen if Sakurai confirmed Bowser's Castle, and the Koopalings were the stage hazard.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Ashley and Waluigi before Wario, now Twinrova before Ganondorf. Need some Gerudo love Sakurai.

It's ironic that he was beaten to the fight by his elderly mothers. :troll:

Last edited:

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I doubt the stage would freeze and catch on fire at the same time. I wonder if they will do their Double Dynamite Attack and combine into Twinrova and shoot beams of fire or ice.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Nice... I like new assist trophies! Great choice Sakurai... UNLESS THEY'RE.... STAGE HAZARDS??!?!?!? XD

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Am I going insane? Because the picture isn't on the main site and every time I mention it no one finds it weird in the least. Is this Nentendo trying to get more people on to Miiverse?

Dairz

Smash Ace
Ridley getting in is one of the deciding factors for this game being just good or incredibly awesome.
What.

I want Ridley, but c'mon, thats not true. Maybe it is for you, but there are plenty of people who either don't want or care about Ridley being playable.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Am I going insane? Because the picture isn't on the main site and every time I mention it no one finds it weird in the least. Is this Nentendo trying to get more people on to Miiverse?
This time, the picture has updated on the main site. Be sure to clear your browser's cache.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
What.

I want Ridley, but c'mon, thats not true. Maybe it is for you, but there are plenty of people who either don't want or care about Ridley being playable.
Yep. After all, characters are only one part of the Smash franchise... a big one, but still, only one.

Now back to the Pic of the Day.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
OOT is great, but it's not what we should call such a phenomenal game that you must play it to even consider yourself a gamer. (I've been actually playin' Master Quest recently)

Actually, what is that bull**** about even? Games define "gamers" now?

Back to the pic of the day, I'm quite liking the inclusion of TwinRova here, it's making what I consider one of my fave stages in 3DS SSB4 be even better. Like many said, I presume Koume set the bridge in fire. Kotake might make the stage slipper one point , I bet.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Regardless of what it means for arguing other characters (this does make me admittedly reconsider the whole "We haven't seen Ridley, so he's not a hazard!" stance..), I am surprised at the variety of roles NPCs have now. Aside from the occasional stage hazard ala Whispy Woods or Kraid, or background characters ala Smashville, there wasn't nearly this many non-Assist Trophy cameos before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom