• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Regardless of what it means for arguing other characters (this does make me admittedly reconsider the whole "We haven't seen Ridley, so he's not a hazard!" stance..), I am surprised at the variety of roles NPCs have now. Aside from the occasional stage hazard ala Whispy Woods or Kraid, or background characters ala Smashville, there wasn't nearly this many non-Assist Trophy cameos before.
Indeed, this game's quite pushing itself up a notch when coming to represent NPCs that affect the fight in a certain way. Might make SSB4 most festive Smash yet. And we have only scratched the surface.

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman
To those worried about Ridley, bare in mind he is the number one most requested character in the West. These two will probably never be seriously considered as a contender, and their deconfirmation doesn't really upset anyone. Not saying Ridley is a guarantee either way, but I don't think this holds any barring. As for the update, really cool. The witches were my favorite boss in OoT.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Pic Of The Day: Ganondorf makes his glorious return! But he was tired of being based of Captain Falcon, so he demanded to be turned into a clone from someone else. Ganondorf now has the same Moveset as Jigglypuff."
Ganondof's Sing is adorable!

Also, I really hope those hags to turn into Twinrova. And burns one side of the stage, and freezes the other~

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Ooh new stage hazards (or possibly AT's but stage hazard makes more sense). This stage seems pretty exciting, but I'm only getting the Wii U version so I'll probably never get to play it. D:

With any luck they team up with any Ganondorf players to wreak havoc. He needs all the buffs he can get.
YOUR AVATAR. Raven is the best.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
So, prediction for tomorrow. Monday Pics are usually pretty tame, but this one was great. So... Ridley confirmed playable tomorrow is a sure thing. ^^

Seriously, though, for some reason, I expect a Pokémon veteran very soon. ._. I can totally see Mewtwo be suddenly announced. That would be wonderful.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm inclined to think even with the technical veteran status, Mewtwo would get a trailer for its long-awaited return to Smash.
I may be on the minority here. But I doubt it.
He may be popular, but that's it.
Honesty, the main reason Sonic got one is due to his third-party status.
And it wasn't even that big! It was just gameplay footage.
Without his popularity, he's just a normal Pokemon rep, like everyone else.
I don't see why he deserves one when the others don't.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I'm inclined to think even with the technical veteran status, Mewtwo would get a trailer for its long-awaited return to Smash.
I am kinda torn in this. I mean, he WOULD be a veteran, but being absent from one game makes him sorta new as well. I'd prefer a awesome CGi trailer, of course. But I can see him getting a short Video like what Sonic got.

Though, if he IS returning, which I have no doubts he will, I guess he will remain hidden.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
This kind of makes you wonder what would happen if Sakurai confirmed Bowser's Castle, and the Koopalings were the stage hazard.
Or Bowser Jr. as a stage hazard... :troll:
Ah, so I was right about a character disconfirmation.

I guess they are stage hazards. If they were ATs, I would have felt much more confident about Tingle.
I have always wanted Cuccos as the new Zelda AT. :awesome:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I'm hoping they're not an AT, and it doesn't seem that way. Makes too much sense that they light the bridge on fire.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well guess we got our answer to that one screenshot from several months ago. For some reason, this feels so obvious it's odd no one even suspected Kotake and Koume to be behind the fire in the Gerudo Valley.....

Ah well, I'm liking how more diverse the Zelda representation is compared to previous games (outside of Trophies and Stickers of course). We have playable characters from The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, an assist trophy from Majora's Mask, stage hazard characters and stage from Ocarina of Time, background characters, stage and that Phantom from Spirit Tracks and new items and stage from Skyward Sword. Sure we had the Bunny Hood, Deku Nuts and Temple etc but it seems like their reaching more out by representing the series further than just having one or two games represent the whole Zelda series. Might just be me though. :T

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I'm hoping they're not an AT, and it doesn't seem that way. Makes too much sense that they light the bridge on fire.
As odd as it is, the article on the front page is full of people who think they are just AT's. Yet the general consensus here is stage hazards.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Well guess we got our answer to that one screenshot from several months ago. For some reason, this feels so obvious it's odd no one even suspected Kotake and Koume to be behind the fire in the Gerudo Valley.....

Ah well, I'm kinda liking how more diverse the Zelda representation is compared to previous games (outside of Trophies and Stickers of course). We have playable characters from Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, an assist trophy from Majora's Mask, stage hazard characters from Ocarina of Time, background characters and that Phantom from Spirit Tracks and new items from Skyward Sword. Sure we had the Bunny Hood, Deku Nuts and Temple etc but it seems like their reaching more out by representing the series further than just having one or two games representing the whole Zelda series. Might just be me though. :T
No, it's definitely more diverse compared to what's felt like a "only newest games allowed" mentality.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Well, if Mewtwo returns, he's the only character to have left and then come back. It's a special case that that is unique to him, only. I think he would definitely get a trailer for his second coming, you couldn't treat his inclusion as "Just another veteran reveal."

But anyway, last night I predicted we would get something new, and I was right! Glad to see Twinrova up to no good once again!

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Well, if Mewtwo returns, he's the only character to have left and then come back. It's a special case that that is unique to him, only. I think he would definitely get a trailer for his second coming, you couldn't treat his inclusion as "Just another veteran reveal."

But anyway, last night I predicted we would get something new, and I was right! Glad to see Twinrova up to no good once again!
I think Mewtwo's reveal status would depend on what Sakurai is doing as far as his moveset. If he is being touched up and changed, I say reveal trailer, if not, I think it's likely we'd see him just as a regular PoTD reveal, though possibly during a direct like Sonic or something.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
If you mean one similar to that of Sonic's, then yeah, I can see it happen.

Still would love to see the captions "Mewtwo Stikes Back" appear along with him...

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
It's kind of surreal how we've gotten an Assist Trophy, a Pokeball Pokemon, and a Stage Hazard in consecutive order.

Shall I take this as signs of a pattern and assume a Veteran confirmation later tonight? :troll:

shadowjosh

Smash Apprentice
We're clearly getting a Boss next.

Actually...that's what I want. A Boss reveal. inb4 Ridley or K.Rool

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It's kind of surreal how we've gotten an Assist Trophy, a Pokeball Pokemon, and a Stage Hazard in consecutive order.

Shall I take this as signs of a pattern and assume a Veteran confirmation later tonight? :troll:
Well, we haven't gotten an item yet, nor a stage...

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I was riffing on NPCs, but I'm sure we can expect a stage (or two?) and a couple of items this month, as per usual.

But first, bring on King K Ridletwo. >8D
Aw come on man. They give you the best stuff in Pokemon.
Like the Magikarp guy.

But most likely it'll be either a stage or something "funny".

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
The Magikarp Salesman needs to be playable this time. I Think he has a pretty good shot as well! He would be... quite a Catch.

Ahaha.

Tomorrow will bring Mewtwo, btw. I feel it in my toes and certain parts of my nose.
It will be Diddy's Bananas.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I wouldn't expect Mewtwo anytime soon. I'm pretty sure they are saving him for E3.

And speaking of characters in general, I wouldn't expect a veteran reveal until next week at earliest.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
AAARGH, I slept early last night and completely forgot about the pic of the day until someone mentioned it in the character thread!

When I saw that wall of fire burning the bridge in that one pic, I was hoping that the sorceress sisters would appear. =D
Will they combine into Twinrova, or will they stay split apart?

Can't wait to see what the music tracks for Gerudo Valley will be. I assume the Spirit Temple music will be there. That's one of my favorite dungeon themes in the series.

"Oh-hohohoho!" "Eee-hehehe!"

----

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I easily expect Gerudo Valley to have some of the best Zelda music. One thing I kinda have to wonder though is if music tracks will be in both version just on different stages.

Doubt it, but I'd like to be able to hear the full soundtrack on both.

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
koume and kotake eh? i haven't played OoT (YET) but i watched my older brother play through it, so i know these oldies :p i kinda hope they fuse into twinrova

D

Deleted member

Oh hey, the Challenger Approaching banner is gone. Maybe we're getting a new character?

juddy96

Smash Lord
Fact: All new characters thus far have been released in a video before Sakurai's pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom