• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
It's going to be something controversial. I just know it.
"Pic of the day: King K. Rool, Mewtwo, and Ridley duke it out! Also new to this Smash Bros. title is the fact that three assist trophies can appear at the same time!"

Last edited:

UnownLegend

Smash Apprentice
NNID
UnownLegend
I had a dream last night where sakurai revealed a special 6v6 online mode. you fought only on larger arenas and it was awesome. i think it was a capture the flag mode or something. a map where you fought across the masts of two pirate ships was revealed alongside it.

D

Deleted member

Chrom and Lucina fighting each other in the Arena Ferox as a Background cameo. :troll:
And occasionally, you'll see Roy, Avatar (hood up, so gender neutral), Ike, Lyn, and every other non-Marth Fire Emblem character you can think of except one.

That one is......
Walhart.

Because he'll be an Assist. :troll:

Last edited by a moderator:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Chrom and Lucina fighting each other in the Arena Ferox as a Background cameo. :troll:
I would love this. *crosses fingers*

This boards needs some excitement.

But no seriously it's just gonna be a random item or stage. or the usual monday "look at this" pic.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
"Pic of the day: King K. Rool, Mewtwo, and Ridley duke it out! Also new to this Smash Bros. title is the fact that three assist trophies can appear at the same time!"
Hhahahahahahahahahhahahahahaa...........

**** off, Sakurai.

Dairz

Smash Ace
Villager doing his up tilt on Battlefield or something.
output_1xvgOk.gif

"Pic of the day. Villager uses a lot of things, like this stick."

Aggressive Sock

Smash Rookie
Just quoting this for posterity. XP
:)

iphone wins that round.

Pretty much just going to keep on predicting a new stage until one actually shows up.

Also, in relation to "Sakurai gives us 'what we don't know we want' and is heavenly for this reason"...blegh.
I'm not saying he's "heavenly for that reason". I'm saying that a game developer needs to be a game developer, not a mediator for the public's every desire. Just look at people's wish lists and "dream rosters". There's absolutely no way he is going to make a game that everyone likes, nor one that can ever be perfect. That's OK.

Game development is a form of art, at least in my opinion it is. As someone studying game design and art for my Bachelor's Degree, I support the idea of letting the artist remain the artist. He can create the game, we offer feedback and suggestions, and it's to his and his team's discretion what exactly is included. If all he does is listen to us, it wouldn't be very fun in the end, it's simply a "grass is always greener" aspect.

And the whole notion that "he can give us things we don't know we want" being a fallacy, I just don't feel it as such. I think it's a developers JOB to give us things we weren't expecting, but come to love and appreciate. Otherwise we'd rarely ever progress and innovate, we'd always just want a rehash of the last version but with more characters, stages etc. He has to come up with things we don't expect, and make us fall in love with them. Be it something/someone obscure like Game & Watch, R.O.B., or the Wii Fit Trainer(I bet you she/he will gain popularity from this), or be it someone who hasn't been given a chance to really shine, but was always there, yet wasn't on our radar. Same goes for gameplay elements. Regardless of your opinions of the Smash Ball Final Smash gameplay aspect, like it or hate it, it's pretty cool. Yet, if you loved Melee and Sakurai just listened to fan suggestions that were the most popular following Melee, with no innovation to do something different, we likely wouldn't have gotten it(I am not familiar of where the idea came from, so it could be a bad example, but you get the idea).

Point being, I love it when a game brings my attention to something/someone I hadn't even thought of or considered, and then I become a fan of it because of the inclusion. We as fans, when you take the majority of opinions shared by the masses, you aren't always going to get these little gems.

It should be a fine balance, of fan desires and wants(Mega Man, Little Mac etc.), as well as the developers own ideas and concepts(I'd hate to make something I don't feel I can put my own touch on and branch out a bit).

Anyways...back on topic.

I hope we don't have to wait too long for the pic again. : / Unless it's worth waiting for. :p

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
I have to agree with Aggressive Sock(I'm not quoting that because it's so long). If it weren't for innovation by Sakurai/the development team, I would have never discovered some of my favorite characters(ROB, Game and Watch, Ice Climbers) I love the obscure characters as much as the popular ones(I'm sure we will still get Ridley/Mewtwo, etc.)
Back on topic: Where is that pic?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I realized it was 2AM and came. Now I'm a little disappointed that nothing spectacular has happened yet. XD

Good thing I've got my Pokemon to keep me company~ <3 *keeps grinding in the sushi restaurant*

D

Deleted member

Last time it was a super-late pic, it was something utterly depressing to me.
If this pic is super-late, I guarantee it will be one of Wrestler as an AT or as a background character for a new Rhythm Heaven stage (though that wouldn't be too bad).

Never mind, wrong day.

Last edited by a moderator:

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
With a veteran character 2 Friday's ago, coming along with an item;
A look at his moves on Monday;
An overview of a stage's 2 skins on Tuesday;
A new mechanic on Wednesday;
An Assist Trophy on Thursday;
And a new Pokeball Pokemon on Friday;

What's next, and why so much info all of a sudden Sakurai?

Come to think of it; there's obviously a TON we hacen't seen, and he's showing off a lot of it. Could our release date be coming within the next... half year or so?

Evanpik64

Smash Cadet
I predict that Sakurai will reveal Eric Cartman as a playable character as a promotion for South Park: the stick of truth. It just makes too much sense. :troll:

Wow, that was one stupid first post, I apologize.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
I'm gonna be honest here...I'm tired, and have been tired since I woke up for work early this morning. I've fought through this because I'm a slight insomniac.

If that pic is not here by 3am est, I'm heading for bed. I'm not torturing myself for a Smash Bros. pic.

Shroob

Sup?
With a veteran character 2 Friday's ago, coming along with an item;
A look at his moves on Monday;
An overview of a stage's 2 skins on Tuesday;
A new mechanic on Wednesday;
An Assist Trophy on Thursday;
And a new Pokeball Pokemon on Friday;

What's next, and why so much info all of a sudden Sakurai?

Come to think of it; there's obviously a TON we hacen't seen, and he's showing off a lot of it. Could our release date be coming within the next... half year or so?
Considering it's going to be spring soon a fall release seems plausible.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I predict that Sakurai will reveal Eric Cartman as a playable character as a promotion for South Park: the stick of truth. It just makes too much sense. :troll:

Wow, that was one stupid first post, I apologize.
You're a terrible person.

Also, welcome to Smashboards! 8D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom