• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Mind you, another thing is marketing.
They want to get the best out of Smash 4. It's one of the few tries that will hopefully revive the Wii U.
If anything, we have to consider this from a marketing standpoint. What would be the date that'll get the most sales?
My answer, the holidays. Preferably around Christmas.
As true as that is, why not release it earlier, say around July-October where there isn't as many titles out for it to compete with and then just give it a second push around the Holidays with a bundle or something similar?

I mean Pokemon found no trouble selling in October, it's really hard to argue that it could've done that much better if it were withheld until the Holidays and this game is up there if you ask me.

insomniac19

Smash Journeyman
Christmas time certainly would be a decent time to release it. However I don't think it being released during the Holidays would necessarily impact overall sales that much. Looking back at Brawl, in its first week in North America it sold almost 1.5 million copies. And that was in March!

No matter what Smash 4 will make lots of money. August/September seems the most likely to me because by Christmas it would have already sold millions of copies. Then at Christmas it would sell ton of copies and tons of consoles.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
With how bad the Wii U is doing, there is absolutely no way that they will push it back that far.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
As true as that is, why not release it earlier, say around July-October where there isn't as many titles out for it to compete with and then just give it a second push around the Holidays with a bundle or something similar?

I mean Pokemon found no trouble selling in October, it's really hard to argue that it could've done that much better if it were withheld until the Holidays and this game is up there if you ask me.
To spread out the releases.
Remember what comes out in May? MK8. It would make more sense to let that hype go it's course first then freshen it again.
Sure, while the holidays is a bit of an exaggeration. It don't see it coming out Q2. It'll probably be Q3-Q4.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
We should be thankful that Sakurai at least keeps us up to date with the screenshot reveals. You'll never get updates like that for any other game outside of Nintendo Directs.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
It will pretty much come down to the amount of time that the game developers are taking with the game development.
Quick question: How long is the time from the last day of development, to the release? A few months?

With how bad the Wii U is doing, there is absolutely no way that they will push it back that far.
Hmm.. well, Christmas is a big time of spending, plus, they can create a Smash 4 + Wii U bundle to sell the system. In other words, anything is possible.

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
We should be thankful that Sakurai at least keeps us up to date with the screenshot reveals. You'll never get updates like that for any other game outside of Nintendo Directs.
Definitely. I honestly can't understand how people complain about the daily pics. Yeah there's some uninteresting one's here and there, but honestly they've revealed a fair bit to us through them.

This last week in particular was a very good one if you ask me. Here's hoping March starts off on as high a note.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
People take things for granted, what can you expect?

Daily pics in my opinion are the better alternative to the Dojo updates. I knew all about Brawl because of the dojo, even the leaks later didn't reveal too much for me. I want to go in day one saying "Wow that's an assist trophy! Neat!" or "Whoa Wuhu Island looks beautiful! And we fly here?!" or "Whoa, Toon Links Side+B is the Skull Hammer! YES!"

Those thrills you can't measure and really make you have moments of bliss you can't get alot of the time.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
People take things for granted, what can you expect?

Daily pics in my opinion are the better alternative to the Dojo updates. I knew all about Brawl because of the dojo, even the leaks later didn't reveal too much for me. I want to go in day one saying "Wow that's an assist trophy! Neat!" or "Whoa Wuhu Island looks beautiful! And we fly here?!" or "Whoa, Toon Links Side+B is the Skull Hammer! YES!"

Those thrills you can't measure and really make you have moments of bliss you can't get alot of the time.
Agreed. The daily pics give us enough to get interested but not enough that we won't have to discover things (even things we were shown) on our own. I mean we know Skull Kid is an AT, but have no clue what he does. We know the KI:U stage on 3DS involves the Reset Bomb, but not quite how.

These things will be that much more exciting when we finally experience them for ourselves, where as a full thorough explanation of them would have us pretty much going "yeah this is pretty much what I expected" when we see them.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
From what I've seen, depends.
This should help. From the man himself.
http://nintendoeverything.com/masah...take-so-long-to-make-still-dealing-with-pain/
Thanks. I'll check that out.

Definitely. I honestly can't understand how people complain about the daily pics. Yeah there's some uninteresting one's here and there, but honestly they've revealed a fair bit to us through them.

This last week in particular was a very good one if you ask me. Here's hoping March starts off on as high a note.
To quote the words of the greatest book ever written:

"Hell and destruction are never full; so the eyes of man are never satisfied."
-Prov. 27:20

True over 2000 years ago, still true today. No matter how much Sakurai puts on there, people will want more.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

True over 2000 years ago, still true today. No matter how much Sakurai puts on there, people will want more.
...I get it!...

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
Thanks. I'll check that out.

Unfortunately, I think that's true.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It really depends on what he puts on, like Ridley.
Really, any reveal will set many off.
Heck, even if it's nothing. Or Sakurai revealing this huge thing, with a trailer, multiple reveals, and even a huge demo, people will still complain.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Really, any reveal will set many off.
Heck, even if it's nothing. Or Sakurai revealing this huge thing, with a trailer, multiple reveals, and even a huge demo, people will still complain.
I'd completely shut my mouth about his questionable ethics towards the fans if he revealed Ridley.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I don't really see why holding it to the holidays will sell more then if they released it now, the game will still be there to buy this holiday season anyway

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I don't really see why holding it to the holidays will sell more then if they released it now, the game will still be there to buy this holiday season anyway
Exactly. If anything it might hurt the sales since at that time there would be other games and bundles vying for people's attention

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
While Crocomire is awesome, and the saddest boss ever made, I beleive this is the Miiverse Pic of The Day discussion/prediction thread. ^^

So... I predict Wario next week. Why? Wynaut?

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
It will pretty much come down to the amount of time that the game developers are taking with the game development.
You sure? I think it all comes down to how many cookies Sakurai is going to eat on the fifth night of the next month and, most importantly, if they're going to be made of chocolate or not.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Mondays doesn't usually bring any big stuff, so for tomorrow, I expect a pic explaining a move of Little Mac or Diddy Kong.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Mondays can be kinda cool sometimes, and we just had a good week so I'm keeping my hopes fairly high. We didn't technically get a new/returning item last week, so I'll predict that.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'm hoping the pic will be about Villager or Megaman. Since both haven't been in a pic in forever.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I personally think the Pic of the Day for tomorrow should be about the KI stage or a new Assist Trophy...but not Luigi's nose, please.

Espio264

Smash Ace
I personally think the Pic of the Day for tomorrow should be about the KI stage or a new Assist Trophy...but not Luigi's nose, please.
And now watch there be a new stage where we fight on Luigi's nose. Nice goin'.

But seriously, Monday's are usually catastrophically uneventful. So by that logic, Sakurai's got something awfully special planned for us tomorrow. Just you wait.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I think tomorrow will be Mac-related. Also, prediction! April 25! Ice Climbers for NES Remix 2! Just throwing it out there.
The characters that will be revealed before E3, in my opinion, are Ice Climbers, Yoshi, and Wario. That's really all I can think of that have good chances to be revealed. (I suspect IC and a newcomer for April)

pitthekit

Smash Ace
I predict he will show pit kissing marth

"Whoa, who knew pit rolls that way? Well, we did give you clues if you played Kid Icarus: Uprising."

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I can't wait for the day when Sakurai posts a pic of his cat in the game. I would love him forever if he did that....

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Last week wasn't extraordinarily groundbreaking, so I'm hoping for something substantial for Monday's pic.

Then again, it's Monday, so I'll be surprised if it isn't a throwaway pic.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I can't wait for the day when Sakurai posts a pic of his cat in the game. I would love him forever if he did that....
Tomorrow's pic.

"My Cat, Momo, is a newcomer! Isn't he cute!?"

XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom