• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Lol, the electric chicken nugget is confirmed for Poke Ball. But I do think Dedenne's kinda adorable.

When I first saw the electric attack, it kinda reminded me of that X Bomb item. We'll see how the electric attack turns out though. I'm sure it'll be different -- perhaps it lasts longer. Or maybe the electricity rotates around the rodent, who knows...

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
GUYS! Guys.

Nintendo Power: There was a rumor at one point about Ridley being playable. Was that ever a consideration?
Sakurai: I think that would probably be impossible.[laughs] If we had put our best efforts into it, we may have been able to do it. But he might have been a little slow. Would that have been all right? [laughs]

.....if we worked harder Ridley would be in Smash.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
GUYS! Guys.

Nintendo Power: There was a rumor at one point about Ridley being playable. Was that ever a consideration?
Sakurai: I think that would probably be impossible.[laughs] If we had put our best efforts into it, we may have been able to do it. But he might have been a little slow. Would that have been all right? [laughs]

Yeah, just Another proof that Ridley is possible, not that it wasn't obvious already, though. ^^

Also, prediction for next week.
Another Pkmn Ball/Assist Trophy
Explonation for Rosalina's Luma colors
Diddy Move!
Hey, didja know that Little Mac is smaller than Bowser?
And, a new Stage, either Pokémon or DK~

GUYS! Guys.

EDIT: Triple post, how the heck did that happen? Sorry. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
GUYS! Guys.

Well, I believe it.

Here's My predictions for next week.

Monday: Diddy Kong VS. Little Mac

Tuesday: Returning Item

Wednesday: Generic pic.

Thursday: Moveset Showoff

Friday: New Kirby Stage.

Set your expectations my friends.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Yes, but just because you try hard doesn't mean you'll make it into the battle.

Edit: Poop, you edited it right before I quoted it xD
Someone got the joke! Hooray!

I wonder if the pokeball pokemon and assist trophy reveals will ramp up from here on out.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
GUYS! Guys.

Let me remind you that you should not post rumors on this thread. We have a thread made specifically for such topics.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Let me remind you that you should not post rumors on this thread. We have a thread made specifically for such topics.
So the joke was that Sakurai said, in so many words in that interview, that "if we worked harder we could have put Ridley in the game."

Sakurai said in the pic of the day two days ago ""Just because you try hard doesn't mean you'll make it into the battle." Today he said "Dedenne's hard at work too."

I was using the juxtaposition of these events to get a laugh (or at least I was trying to.) Since I was referencing pictures of the day I figured this thread would be an appropriate place to post this.

If this would have been better placed in the social thread tell me, but how in the world would this be considered a rumor?

Edit: Ah, just realized that the interview I quoted actually had the word rumor in it, so if you're just skimming I could see how you would be confused. No disrespect meant, it's just hard for me to turn down the snark.

Last edited:

LazerRage

Smash Cadet
Fairy typing at least gave it the benefit of the doubt, considering it still laughed in the face of your underwhelming/average Dragon.

I absolutely loved sweeping Drasna with one.

If I had to guess, I would think it's using either Electric Terrain or Discharge. Surprised it wasn't a combination of Nuzzle and Play Rough, tbh.

Yeah I agree with this, adding a secondary fairy typing makes Dedenne a bit cooler than Pachirisu or Plusle/Minun IMO. I kept a Dedenne on my team for practically the whole time because I found his move set quite useful.

Lol, the electric chicken nugget is confirmed for Poke Ball. But I do think Dedenne's kinda adorable.

When I first saw the electric attack, it kinda reminded me of that X Bomb item. We'll see how the electric attack turns out though. I'm sure it'll be different -- perhaps it lasts longer. Or maybe the electricity rotates around the rodent, who knows...

Yes. I'm definitely guessing the electric "X" rotates around him in a windmill motion, and that it's supposed to be "Discharge."

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I think the only thing people have any basis the reveal of Yoshi possiblity based the release of his game in march beyond that, there's nothing in March of significates that I am aware of.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Please, he'll use Flying Press before anything in this game.

So, rather tame week IMO. What do we all expect March to be like?
I think we'll see two veterans, maybe yoshi, unless he's being saved for something else. I'm hoping we get a new Wii U stage, and some more info on adventure mode. And as always, some new ridiculous AT or item. Some deconfimations would be nice. New months are always exciting!

Above all, I want to see my Ice Climbers.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I wanna see Ganondorf and Wolf ;-;. A bit torn on whether or not I want Falcondorf or if I want Ganon using his sword and Wolf is a character a lot of people put on their 'cut list'.

Also greetings all.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I wanna see Ganondorf and Wolf ;-;. A bit torn on whether or not I want Falcondorf or if I want Ganon using his sword and Wolf is a character a lot of people put on their 'cut list'.

Also greetings all.
Welcome to the boards Krysco!! Glad to see another face. And, to quote Magus from Kid Icarus: Uprising: "Don't hit (troll) me, and we'll get along just fine."

But, now we're getting off topic. If you have any questions, ask me or one of the mods.

As for Miiverse, I'd love to see a Sword using Ganondorf in a future pic.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433

Also greetings all.
Warning: Newcomer Approaching. Hello there!

Two villains in one month! How very dark of you. I'd love to see the both of them too. I hope Dorf gets a full make over - he lacks his complete badass, psychotic personality from OoT and TP. As for Wolf, I can't see him being cut. Compared to Falco, Wolf plays as much more of an original character - and one of my favourites in Brawl.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Many thanks MaskO'Gears, I shall due so if I feel the need to.

As for being on topic, I suppose I could give my thoughts on the potd for the past week

With the first a buff to Diddy's recovery is nice I suppose though I never used him in Brawl and I never really got to fight any.

The second, it was already known that there was two versions and the caption doesn't explain how picking them works so meh.

The third is a nice change to a mostly bad type of jab. The only decent one I can recall from any of the 4 (64, Melee, Brawl, P:M) smash games is Falco's. However I saw people speculating which jabs this would affect and the ones I don't think that will change will be Pikachu, Meta Knight and maybe the Links and Pit. Pikachus jab was just the same single jab being repeated much like spamming a with Ganondorf or Zelda, Meta Knight I can picture getting a new jab altogether. As for the Links and Pit, since they are the only character to have an option between the two kinds of jabs they might not even have the multi hitting kind at all.

The fourth, I never really cared for Waluigi, sucks for anyone who wanted him but I'm cool with him being an Assist Trophy again. I just hope he's better this time. I found him to be quite inaccurate/ easy to avoid.

The fifth, I actually love Dedenne, though I'm bias since Electric is my favourite type. It's an electric type that's immune to dragons, it's cute and it's probably my favourite Pika clone plus I can imagine adorable possibilities for pictures with Pikachu and Dedenne. In game, I agree with most people thinking that the electricity will rotate.

Warning: Newcomer Approaching. Hello there!

Two villains in one month! How very dark of you. I'd love to see the both of them too. I hope Dorf gets a full make over - he lacks his complete badass, psychotic personality from OoT and TP. As for Wolf, I can't see him being cut. Compared to Falco, Wolf plays as much more of an original character - and one of my favourites in Brawl.
Hoping I did that right, if I didn't could someone tell me how to quote? Many thanks in advance.

Anyways, I love Ganondorf in Melee, Brawl and P:M though if he used his sword and had his traditional tennis ball of light magic from the Zelda games I'd also be happy, As for Wolf, I love Starfox and even want Krystal in but that's for another place. I found Fox to fast for me to handle and Falco too campy, where as Wolf was the first character I got 'good' with. It makes me sad when I see people wanting Falco to stay and Wolf to go when Wolf is more original.

Also apologies if this is too off topic, I understand that the last thread got closed because of off topicness so I'm trying not to go off topic, or atleast too much :/

Last edited by a moderator:

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
Welcome to the boards Krysco! Also, I like your idea of dissecting the pics of the week so much, I think I'll give my own opinions.
I think this week was really solid.
Monday gave Diddy a buff(I main Diddy so this is great).
Tuesday confirmed that both versions of the boxing ring are available(though it didn't explain how to choose between them).
Wednesday showed an awesome new game-play mechanic(and hopefully an end to some of that jab spam).
Thursday brought us Waluigi's return (hey, at least he's showing up again).
Friday brought the first non-legendary Pokeball Pokemon in Dedenne( who looks really useful).
A solid amount of new content this week. I hope March starts with a week like this. A new month brings new goodies! (Still waiting on that Cranky Assist, it just makes too much sense not to be there).

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122

Also greetings all.
Welcome newcomer!

I hope I'm not the only one who thinks this, but out of all the space animals, I'd want Falco to be cut. One hero and one villain just makes more sense and has more variety than two heroes.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
GUYS! Guys.

am I the only one that thinks shutting down nintendo power was an awful thing for nintendo to do :(

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Most likely not. I expect the next one to be when Yoshi's New Island is released.

But I would love to see Wario pretty soon. I mean, Ashley and Waluigi Before Wario, is just mean. XD

Staarih

Smash Master
I would really like to see a new stage soon, maybe a DK one. Or heck, even just some more information/pictures on the Palutena Temple one would do, since that's the last new one we've had I think (unless you count the Punch-Out stages version differences).

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I'd love Monday's picture to be the second version of the Palutena's Temple stage, all destroyed and corrupted.

-TAG-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuprSmashKing16
Sakurai seems to be taking his sweet time on announcing some of the other popular characters such as Ganondorf, Captain Falcon, Ike and Wolf.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Sakurai seems to be taking his sweet time on announcing some of the other popular characters such as Ganondorf, Captain Falcon, Ike and Wolf.
Considering SSB4 is most likely gonna come out in Q4 of 2014 which is most likely November, that gives us 9 more months of possible character reveals. Assuming he keeps the 2 a month deal he's been doing that's roughly 18 more (I'm sure the E3 trailer will have more than 2). Also a bunch of characters will remain secret and be unveiled officially after release like with Brawl. I think in that period of time we will for sure see Falcon, Ike, Wolf and G-dorf. Unless of course they were cut, which would be a shame.
But yeah Sakurai likes to draw out the character reveals. Maybe he likes watching us argue over if someone is back or not lol.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It will pretty much come down to the amount of time that the game developers are taking with the game development.
Mind you, another thing is marketing.
They want to get the best out of Smash 4. It's one of the few tries that will hopefully revive the Wii U.
If anything, we have to consider this from a marketing standpoint. What would be the date that'll get the most sales?
My answer, the holidays. Preferably around Christmas.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom