• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Last time it was a super-late pic, it was something utterly depressing to me.
If this pic is super-late, I guarantee it will be one of Wrestler as an AT or as a background character for a new Rhythm Heaven stage (though that wouldn't be too bad).

Never mind, wrong day.
Lucina, Chrom, Ghirahim, Midna, Wrestler, Bowser Jr., Ridley, Palutena, King K. Rool, Dixie Kong deconfirmed in the same post.
Just to get it out of the way as a follow up to the post about Waluigi.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
People on Miiverse were saying R.O.B. was confirmed...

I got excited...

I am weak....

D

Deleted member

....should we just expect the pictures to be overall later now?
Didn't Sakurai start posting pics earlier when the DST shift happened? If so, it shouldn't be coincidence that the pics are later for the upcoming DST shift on Saturday.

Last edited by a moderator:

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Last Wednesday was real late correct? Thursday and Friday were around the normal time, so I don't think it's changing to later times now...

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly, I've learned to not get hyped at all for late pics. And watch as a random vet reveal makes me question my own self.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I'm enjoying the second one more.
If it makes you feel any better, or more disturbed, all 6 Pokemon in my party are female. In fact, the majority of all of my Pokemon are. Including the ones where females are incredibly rare. XD

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Sakurai ;_;

Don't make me stay up too late. I don't want to fall asleep in class...again...

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
People on Miiverse were saying R.O.B. was confirmed...

I got excited...

I am weak....
Weak or not, you make the rest of us look better.

Miiverse is also suggesting abandoning the Admins, and adopting a democratic moderator system...yeah, no.

Also that Rosalina's hidden eye is stuck on Daisy's Melee trophy.

Didn't Sakurai start posting pics earlier when the DST shift happened? If so, it shouldn't be coincidence that the pics are later for the upcoming DST shift on Saturday.
Even if that were the case, wouldn't it take effect after this Saturday?

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
If Sakurai releases pics at like 4am at night you can forget it. I'll transition into checking early in the morning before work, like I did for the Dojo updates.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Ok screw this.
Okay, not even joking. I love this post. Such a magnificent ragequit with such a short and simply declaration and statement.

This man is getting some sleep tonight and deserves ever single bit of it. ¦(

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Yeah, the pics used to be in two hours originally, but were changed to the current time with the shift. It's only naturally they'd be arriving later again if the shift has happened again.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
:)

iphone wins that round.

I'm not saying he's "heavenly for that reason". I'm saying that a game developer needs to be a game developer, not a mediator for the public's every desire. Just look at people's wish lists and "dream rosters". There's absolutely no way he is going to make a game that everyone likes, nor one that can ever be perfect. That's OK.

Game development is a form of art, at least in my opinion it is. As someone studying game design and art for my Bachelor's Degree, I support the idea of letting the artist remain the artist. He can create the game, we offer feedback and suggestions, and it's to his and his team's discretion what exactly is included. If all he does is listen to us, it wouldn't be very fun in the end, it's simply a "grass is always greener" aspect.

And the whole notion that "he can give us things we don't know we want" being a fallacy, I just don't feel it as such. I think it's a developers JOB to give us things we weren't expecting, but come to love and appreciate. Otherwise we'd rarely ever progress and innovate, we'd always just want a rehash of the last version but with more characters, stages etc. He has to come up with things we don't expect, and make us fall in love with them. Be it something/someone obscure like Game & Watch, R.O.B., or the Wii Fit Trainer(I bet you she/he will gain popularity from this), or be it someone who hasn't been given a chance to really shine, but was always there, yet wasn't on our radar. Same goes for gameplay elements. Regardless of your opinions of the Smash Ball Final Smash gameplay aspect, like it or hate it, it's pretty cool. Yet, if you loved Melee and Sakurai just listened to fan suggestions that were the most popular following Melee, with no innovation to do something different, we likely wouldn't have gotten it(I am not familiar of where the idea came from, so it could be a bad example, but you get the idea).

Point being, I love it when a game brings my attention to something/someone I hadn't even thought of or considered, and then I become a fan of it because of the inclusion. We as fans, when you take the majority of opinions shared by the masses, you aren't always going to get these little gems.

It should be a fine balance, of fan desires and wants(Mega Man, Little Mac etc.), as well as the developers own ideas and concepts(I'd hate to make something I don't feel I can put my own touch on and branch out a bit).

Anyways...back on topic.

I hope we don't have to wait too long for the pic again. : / Unless it's worth waiting for. :p
Keeping this (as) concise (as possible), considering it's technically not on-topic.

--Game design is an art, yes. However, Smash in particular became the behemoth it is today as the ultimate Nintendo fansevice title. I believe, as a general rule, the more fanservice that is added to a Smash title, the better that title is (with reasonable limits; some cult screaming for Goku simply cannot be satisfied, for example). I think all Smash games have met this criteria reasonably well, but have room for improvement.
--I don't think it can definitively be said that the games wouldn't be fun if the fans had more of a say in what gets into the game, because that's never happened. "What we don't know we want" is an asinine blanket term that could be assigned to whatever is in the game that the fans didn't ask for, up to and including stuff like tripping. It's an excuse to glorify potentially mediocre content, or content that people might come to enjoy, but might not enjoy more than something more universally appealing. Which leads to...
--I have difficulty understanding why people are so quick to label popular character choices as "boring." The gamers who don't spend hours each day hearing these suggestions on Smash forums are probably taken completely by surprise, and are thrilled to boot (peoples' reactions to unlocking Ganondorf/Mewtwo in Melee, for example). Similarly, part of the joy of Smash is not just in seeing popular characters existing in the game, but finding out how they've been reinterpreted for a fighting environment. Fox is a solid example of this. Falcon is another. Little Mac is perhaps a more modern one.

Respond in the social thread or something if you wish to continue this discussion.

Guessing the pic will have been posted by now, so *insert reaction here*.

Last edited:

WIldBam

Smash Apprentice
I bet Sakurai has come to regret promising to post daily pics on miiverse. I know I would if every post that wasn't informative just meant that I would be greeted by whiny responses. and that's not including all those people just obnoxiously making requests or complaining that their favorite character was not in. Now he's trying to push back updating just so he can delay the next wave of annoying comments from unsatisfied people.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
If it makes you feel any better, or more disturbed, all 6 Pokemon in my party are female. In fact, the majority of all of my Pokemon are. Including the ones where females are incredibly rare. XD
And in the sushi restaurant? Well, if it goes bad you can always escape through the bathroom window...

This won't be the first night I've broken down in tears after staring at a picture.
Yeah, me too. In fact...

It still hurts sometimes. *sniff*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom