• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
The game's not out yet... For all we know we could get a second Mega Man stage based on one of his spin-offs (3DS calls for Battle Networks/Star Force I'd guess)... it would be odd not having a classic mega man stage with classic mega man playable after all... Stop making assumptions, I mean we've only just seen the first Star Fox stage, and Fox was revealed in the first trailer, who knows what stages they're hiding?

Mamp

Smash Apprentice
This is really disappointing, and I'm concerned that we might get similar things happen in regards to the Pikmin and Sonic stages on 3DS.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
I believe there is more than 1 stage for each franchise.

I believe that.

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Well, at least we got a stage! We've gotton new info 3 for 3 so far. Two stages in a row, so I'm excited.

Praying for a good end to the week (Lucas reveal?).

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
As a Megaman fan of 20+ years, I find this pretty annoying. A franchise that has 100+ games and they include the same stage for both versions? Punch Out I can understand but this just seems laszy. Oh well... at least it's another stage confirmation.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
If I recall right when Sakurai talked about stages I believed he used the term 'some stages will be different' so this could very well not be the only other stage that we'll see this for. Which I'll admit doesn't bother me really that much. Minor point that doesn't bother me one way or another.

ahannoush4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Drazzle
As long as they give me more music options (please give me X's spark mandrill theme) I dont mind the repeat!

WECsoul

Smash Cadet
NNID
WECsoul
3DS FC
0259-1277-6150
I'm wondering what the final destination version of the great fox would look like :crazy:

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
I was hoping for something different, as well. Oh well. I just hope you can turn off bosses with switching to Final Destination mode.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I was hoping for something different, as well. Oh well. I just hope you can turn of bosses with switching to Final Destination mode.
I really, really hope so too.

And I really hope Ridley isn't a boss, for no other reason than I love Pyrosphere and want it to remain hazardless.

Bosses belong in adventure mode, not on stages. Just my opinion.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Likely scenario for Sonic's 3DS stage will be Green Hill returning from Brawl.

It would serve as the middle ground between the three third-parties. Megaman gets one stage, Pacman gets two, Sonic gets one old and one new.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Likely scenario for Sonic's 3DS stage will be Green Hill returning from Brawl.

It would serve as the middle ground between the three third-parties. Megaman gets one stage, Pacman gets two, Sonic gets one old and one new.
True, and since Sonic is a vet, I wouldn't mind getting Green Hill Zone back. But Pac-Man got two different stages as a newcomer. I feel MegaMan should have as well. At least they could have colored the whole screen green like the old GameBoy games.

MachoCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MachoCheeze
I really wish I could have actual feelings towards this, but I really just don't care.

Having never played a Mega Man stage really just puts me towards indifference every time something is MM related.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Sakurai would not have explicitly mentioned the boxing ring with Wily's Castle if there are going to be more stages available in both games, especially since the 3DS Boxing Ring itself has never been given a PotD.

Sonic's getting something for the 3DS, but it's not going to be Windy Hill.

MachoCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MachoCheeze
Also, there is the possibility of Mega Man having another stage.

Dr. Wily's Castle might've been shared between the two BECAUSE of the Yellow Devil boss mechanic.

Metallaeus

Smash Apprentice
Not sure why this is such a big deal to some people. Megaman is treated better here in Smash than Capcom ever has for the last couple of years :/.

Morbi

Scavenger
I understand Dr. Wily's stage on the 3ds version; however, I do not necessarily comprehend why the boxing stage was prominent enough to be on the 3ds version. I do not believe that any Punch Out!! games were on handheld consoles, but I suppose I could be wrong.

Metallaeus

Smash Apprentice
I understand Dr. Wily's stage on the 3ds version; however, I do not necessarily comprehend why the boxing stage was prominent enough to be on the 3ds version. I do not believe that any Punch Out!! games were on handheld consoles, but I suppose I could be wrong.
Don't forget the boxing stage was introduced before Little Mac was revealed and it was originally an original Smash stage.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Don't forget the boxing stage was introduced before Little Mac was revealed and it was originally an original Smash stage.
That and Little Mac really doesn't have any other stage that would fit him. He's a boxer. He's always been in boxing rings, and usually every character gets their own stage in each game, so the 3DS version gets the same boxing ring.

Metallaeus

Smash Apprentice
That and Little Mac really doesn't have any other stage that would fit him. He's a boxer. He's always been in boxing rings, and usually every character gets their own stage in each game, so the 3DS version gets the same boxing ring.
also makes sense. On that note, I hope every franchise gets at least one stage for each version.

MasterRyan1595

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3625-8186-3222
I was kind of hoping for a Battle Network stage for the 3DS version since that was handheld exclusive, but I guess this works as well. Then again, I wouldn't have been surprised if Sakurai gave us a Mega Man Legends 3 stage knowing how much of a troll he is. :troll:

augustvincent5

Smash Rookie
I cant wait for this game to come out already! these daily updates just arent doing it for me!
ps. if anyone knows where i can get some awesome super smash merchandise I would appreciate it! So far the coolest thing I can find is this sweet Smash bros 4 button that reflects the 3DS cover art on ETSY.com under the shop "NintendoNeeds"
its great, but im looking for maybe a t-shirt or something

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I was kind of hoping for a Battle Network stage for the 3DS version since that was handheld exclusive, but I guess this works as well. Then again, I wouldn't have been surprised if Sakurai gave us a Mega Man Legends 3 stage knowing how much of a troll he is. :troll:
A Battle Network stage would have been awesome but unlikely considering the Mega Man chosen.

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
looks like this week will be all stages. maybe some ELete 4 STage goodness today?
That would be great. The stage looks fantastic, but we know nothing about it. I think the 3DS needs a bit more love though, with missing more main franchise stages than the Wii U version thus far. A Yoshi or Kirby 3DS stage would do nicely right about now.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Sakurai seems to be highly satisfied with the Yellow Devil's functionality, or at least operate under the assumption mostly everybody also does ("We didn't forget the Yellow Devil either" as if it offers calming reassurance). That is disappointingly unfortunate, since if Mega-Man returns in future installments, I can foresee this stage doing the same. Oh well.

On the bright side, there is a Final Destination variation, and the stage's music selection should be top-notch (even if the 3DS is severely limited to two tracks).

Last edited:

Gabukin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gabukin
I don't know. The new Star Fox stage was pretty cool to me.
Ya, It was cool, Really cool. And I have always loved star fox stages. but It didn't really show off the stage though. I mean we can assume it'll play like Corneria since that stage has been in every smash game. but anyways what I'm trying to explain is I think if sakurai is gonna show off a stage he should at least include another Pic along side that shows off what the stage will actually look like.
I wasn't trying to seem like I was against the PotD, I guess I'm just one of those guys who expect exciting new reveals every day even though that really has never happened. Plus I've never really enjoyed getting teased and boy does sakurai love teasing us!

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
looks like this week will be all stages. maybe some ELete 4 STage goodness today?
I dunno. Robin was the focus on Monday's post, so today and yesterday may just be coincidence. I'd love Thursday and Friday to reveal new stages, though.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I just really want info on the Kalos League. I mean, I assume it will just go from room to room, but I'd like clarification, as well as the possibility of seeing Diantha's Chamber. That would be incredible.

I would love for a Ness or Lucas reveal on a new Mother stage... but that is a pipe dream.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
With the way this week has gone, I think a random veteran reveal on Friday could be in the cards. With Mother's 25th anniversary on Sunday, I too hope it would be Ness or Lucas.
Unless Sakurai plays the forgetful, soulless father who forgets his child's birthday. :awesome:

(If HAL laboratories were still the developers, this joke would hold more water.)

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad there aren't too many shared stages, but I was hoping to not have more than Battlefield and Final Destination shared between the two systems. Having a third party stage shared is even more disappointing to me, though.

With the banners down, lots of stage info, and the upcoming tournament, it does seem like a great time to give us a new veteran. I'd be most excited by Ice Climbers or Ness/Lucas this week.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
With the way this week has gone, I think a random veteran reveal on Friday could be in the cards. With Mother's 25th anniversary on Sunday, I too hope it would be Ness or Lucas.
The main site has removed the Robin, Lucina, and Falcon "Challenger Approaching!!" banners, going against tradition of keeping the currently revealed character's banner up until just before another character announcement, so who knows.

I feel like they're saving the Kalos League stage PotD analysis for a trailer that warrants its usage again. If Jigglypuff or Mewtwo come back, that'll be the time to go more in-depth on it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom