• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
I feel like if we get Yoshi as the next character reveal on the 14th, Wario is going to become the next 'painfully obvious' character. We've gotten the Ashley AT, and now Waluigi, though he's most likely rep'd for the Mario franchise, but seriously Sakurai, where is Wario. Waluigi, Mario and Luigi in the same picture without Wario? That's just silly.

Last edited:

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Yeah, uhh... Ouch, I felt that.

As much as I knew that Waluigi would remain exactly the same, (98% sure) there was a small part of me (that other 2%) that would've loved to play as him. Ironically, Waluigi isn't even among my favorite Mario characters, and this still saddens me greatly. (Closet Wally Supporter, apparently)

Well, time to visit the Waluigi support thread and pay my respects.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Ouch. By the sounds of it Sakurai really doesn't think Waluigi has the necessary qualities to be a playable character. Can't say I disagree with him though, but I do kind of sympathize with his supporters. Kind of.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Sakurai is basically giving us all a valuable life lesson that most parents are too scared to give their children.

Even if you do try your hardest at something, you won't necessarily succeed.
Just depends how you go about appeal to that success. Sakurai is the pinnacle of this, I'd say.

Welp, all that is left from the impressions from the Waluigi pic is "In-game images are still in development." You can notice his jaggy frame and they can always separate the fingers from the net handle.

Last edited:

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
And that's probably why he's single. ¦D

I say ignorantly as he probably isn't. =D
Nah, he's single because he steals the life energy of his significant others in order to stay eternally young.

Although his hand has been catching up with him lately... Sakurai must feeeeeeeeeeeeed...

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
"Pic of the day. Ridley is a stage hazard this time around! ...Which means he is also not playable. Just because Bowser frequently changes sizes doesn't mean every antagonist does!"
:troll:

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
If Ridley gets deconfirmed in the same fashion I will probably stay off the boards for a couple days...

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman
Ya any expectation for Waluigi was unrealistic at best, I just kind of liked the idea of him being in to complete the 4 plumber characters. Plus I thought it would be fun for Sakurai to implement a character who revolved around cheating. Oh well, still plenty of other characters to look forward to I'm sure.

Last edited:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
If Ridley gets deconfirmed in the same fashion I will probably stay off the boards for a couple days...
I just can't ****ing wait. I want Ridley playable mind you, but I'm also such an asshole that I wouldn't survive the fun I'd get if something like this happens.

"No matter how BIG you tried"

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Nah, he's single because he steals the life energy of his significant others in order to stay eternally young.

Although his hand has been catching up with him lately... Sakurai must feeeeeeeeeeeeed...
*stares at your avatar* ...You know Rhyme, I think you might just be "the one" Sakurai is looking for. ¦(

Anyway, I've pretty much got everyone I mainly wanted already, with the exception of Captain Falcon returning, but I did like the idea of Waluigi for many reasons. However, him being an Assist Trophy again doesn't bother me since I wasn't extremely vocal or supportive in his favor. The Sakurai worded the quote, though? Even if he didn't mean what everyone is thinking of, that was still a pretty damn terrible way to word it. I had just said to someone about 2 hours earlier that Sakurai may make a lot of decisions that I personally don't agree with, but it's not like he's a complete jerk or the worst developer around. (That title goes to Tetsuya Nomura for me.)

I definitely take that back. What a tactless asshole. I may not be mad, but even I felt the painful sting from that one. XD

But such is life. Honestly, I'm just wondering who is gonna get treated like this next...Oh, and by the way guys,

HAPPY "18TH POKEMON ANNIVERSARY!" =D

lol"18th"...Seriously, guys?

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I guess the only major Mario contender left is Bowser Jr. We haven't seen him on an airship on the Galaxy stage yet.

Hammer B

Smash Journeyman
Mario and Luigi in the same picture without Wario? That's just silly.
Well, Sakurai has historically demonstrated that he cares not a whit for showing both Wario and Waluigi together. Actually, when Waluigi was shown as an Assist in Brawl, he was only seen alongside Mario, even though Wario was one of the first characters confirmed for such game...

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I wonder what we'll get today? We haven't really had anything too new this week besides the finisher news yesterday so I hope we get something. Thursdays are usually fruitful so I have faith.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I guess the only major Mario contender left is Bowser Jr. We haven't seen him on an airship on the Galaxy stage yet.
Bowser Jr.? Major?

Now THAT'S hilarious. We all know that's not happening. XD

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Well, Sakurai has historically demonstrated that he cares not a whit for showing both Wario and Waluigi together. Actually, when Waluigi was shown as an Assist in Brawl, he was only seen alongside Mario, even though Wario was one of the first characters confirmed for such game...
That's because Waluigi is not a Wario character. He never appeared in a Wario game, EVER. Kinda weird but it's true.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
I just can't ****ing wait. I want Ridley playable mind you, but I'm also such an ******* that I wouldn't survive the fun I'd get if something like this happens.

"No matter how BIG you tried"
Agreed. I would love to see Ridley playable, but I would just get so much joy out of seeing Sakurai effectively slap everybody who so adamantly opposes the "Ridley's too big" argument right in the face. I would be sad on the inside, but on the outside I would be pointing and laughing and frolicking through the puddles of frustrated tears strewn throughout these boards :troll:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Anyway, there are so many more respectable Mario character than that slim **** of Waluigi.
Bowser Jr., obviously. Even ****ing Toad is much more deserving than him. Paper Mario, if you don't consider him from another franchise.
Maybe Sakurai was rough, but it was delivering truth and justice. Waluigi won't be playable, never. And that's reason delivering for you *****.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
*stares at your avatar* ...You know Rhyme, I think you might just be "the one" Sakurai is looking for. ¦(
o bby, if Sakurai wants me, he can have me~ Embarrass

For a second there, I thought you were going to say you knew what my avatar was from, and I got really excited... you tease D:

D

Deleted member

After Rosalina, it's foolish to think we're getting another Mario character.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I'm picturing Sakurai looking over Waluigi's Sycophantic Support Thread, browsing over just how dedicate people were to envisioning their character in the game. All while he looks on with a smug face, taking a sip of his coffee to savor the misery of the supporting denomination. His mug is labeled "YOUR TEARS".

So, expecting a BitF comic about Waluigi getting rejected and ridiculed by the Smash cast after the Divided By Hero arc? Accompanied by self psychoanalysis and maybe something heartwarming with Daisy? You know, considering her stance to the Mario franchise at this point? I mean, expecting a Pokemon related reveal? TOO BAD! WALUIGI TIME!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder if the time for pictures going up will be later from now on. It's not like we hit the DST switch.

Hammer B

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately, if Paper Mario ever gets a playable status he surely will end up being a Mario's clone as Toon Link is a Link's clone.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Unfortunately, if Paper Mario ever gets a playable status he surely will end up being a Mario's clone as Toon Link is a Link's clone.
Doubt it. Paper Mario actually has different moves in his games. Like the paper transformations and how he could use them in Smash.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
o bby, if Sakurai wants me, he can have me~ Embarrass

For a second there, I thought you were going to say you knew what my avatar was from, and I got really excited... you tease D:
Actually, I think I have a good idea since that cat looks very familiar. I don't recall if I've actually watched the series or not, though. ¦D

Also, going purple again for awhile to pay respects to Waluigi. And because apparently, a lot of people miss it. lol

Doubt it. Paper Mario actually has different moves in his games. Like the paper transformations and how he could use them in Smash.
What a coincidence, so does Toon Link. Look how that turned out, though? Twice, even. ¦(

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Just how like Toon link has different moves in his games? yea. Toon link could have a very different move set than link but they just didn't bother. That's probably going to happen to paper mario if he gets in. So many characters don't have to be clones but they are. any way miiverse... Waluigi's hands look gross. but what did I expect?

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Exactly. Like Rosalina ended up being a clone of Peach.

That's absolutely stupid and untrue.

Last edited:

Hammer B

Smash Journeyman
Since when is Rosalina an alternate form of Peach as Paper Mario is to Mario and Toon Link is to Link?

That example's absolutely stupid and untrue...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom