• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I'm sorry fellas, but I can't have any sympathy for anyone who supported Waluigi, a character created so Wario could play doubles tennis, whose biggest role was a DDR game, and who has never done anything of remote significance since his introduction. In a roster that has so much competition, Waluigi is massively undeserving.
That's okay, I don't think anyone personally asked you for your sympathy, buddy. :3

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
So guys, how about we take this occassion to reevaluate Bowser Jr. and Paper Mario's chances? I think Rosalina killed Junior and Waluigi's chances, byt Paper Mario, i really don't know/

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Peculiarly interesting how Sakurai specifically mentions "Just because you try hard doesn't mean you'll make it into the battle." with Waluigi and not, let's say, Starfy and Nintendogs.

Either it is simply a characterization of Waluigi's tried-and-failed schemes, or a severe warning to other popular Assist Trophies (Isaac, Goroh, Saki, etc.) just because they formally requested to be promoted to playability, it does not mean they will.

Last edited:

Hammer B

Smash Journeyman
I think that the last part of the caption was intentionally directed to Smash's fans:

"Just because you try hard (supporting a character) doesn't mean you'll make it into battle"

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Damn Sakurai just basically took a **** on the Waluigi supporters with the way he worded that caption...time to add you to the rejected list friend. May you plot your revenge on Sakurai with the other four. Hahaha

Last edited:

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Paper Mario guys.

I've been saying Paper Mario, I just don't put stuff in my signature ever. If it isn't him then it'll be just Rosalina added and nobody further. Anyone else in my books doesn't deserve it.

Staarih

Smash Master
Well, Waluigi as assist doesn't surprise me. Also, the assist trophies seem to always be of little less "quality" than playables, naturally. I don't mind it, as you see them from far away and only for some time.

Also, the caption, haha! It also sounds like a nod to Waluigi's character, as he seems to try and try in the games as well and eventually fail.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Haha, this is pretty much great. Waluigi is pretty much the poster boy for trying really hard for no apparent reason so I don't think that comment was directed at fans. I don't think most people really considered him a plausible inclusion in the first place so that's more reason to believe that comment wasn't really directed at anyone but Waluigi himself.

But yeah, I do agree that this model seems a bit less detailed than most of the other ones we've seen so far, not "bad" but just not up to the same standard. Is that just re-used from some other game or something? Skull Kid and Mother Brain (both of whom have obviously original models) looked better to me.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
YES! Thank God he's not in. I'm sorry Waluigi Fans but I'm happy as ****!

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
-Video Removed-

Moderator Edit: Do not post off-topic videos here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
The irony in these comments will be strong if the same thing happens to characters either of you two wanted. ¦D
Would be nice if I actually genuinely pushed for characters to get in.
I don't care as much as everyone else seems to. Anything with a "newcomer" tag has excited me so far.

Nice try though.

Forgive me for supporting Sakurai's tone here.

Last edited:

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
This pic just might have confirmed Little Mac to be the only assist trophy charcter to be playable this time until Isaac shows up.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Sakurai is bringing the pain, and I love it. Yesss, your deconfirms, bring them to me! So delicious!

In all seriousness, anybody who thought Waluigi still stood a chance after Rosalina was fooling themselves anyways. But I don't mean to hate on Waluigi supporters - I wouldn't have minded him getting in, I just love it any time Sakurai renders arguments about a character totally meaningless XD

Shroob

Sup?
That brings up an interesting point....

Waluigi was shown.....before Wario? What the Hell, Sakurai? Where's the fat man?
Ashley too. In fact, Wario is currently the only known series to be in Smash without its character shown yet afaik. Fire Emblem was before Marth's reveal with the Arena Fenox stage and all.

Last edited:

KingLucasx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LordViLL
Can't wait for the next deconfirmation from Stonecold Sakurai.

"Pic of the day: Here is Zoroark, he is in a pokeball which means he is not playable. If you wanted him to join the battle, your ideas on playable characters are bad and you should feel bad."
I don't know what was more funny. That comment or looking at you Avi after reading your comment.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Not surprised.
Though I did believe he stood a slightly better chance now, just to represent a more "casual" Nintendo audience.

Oh well, sorry Waluigi fans. :(

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
This pic just might have confirmed Little Mac to be the only assist trophy charcter to be playable this time until Isaac shows up.
You say that so matter-of-factly.

If we're going to assert things happening, I'm countering your assist-trophy -> character prediction with Kat and Ana.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
But seriously, as a few people have said I think the try hard line is just supposed to be a nod to Waluigi's character(which it clearly fits) rather than it being directed at fans, and people are reading waaay to far into it. Given the way that it's phrased, it really doesn't make any sense for it to be aimed at fans or anything at all. It's clearly talking about Waluigi as if he was a real person competing to get into Smash bros..

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
Sakurai is basically giving us all a valuable life lesson that most parents are too scared to give their children.

Even if you do try your hardest at something, you won't necessarily succeed.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
But seriously, as a few people have said I think the try hard line is just supposed to be a nod to Waluigi's character(which it clearly fits) rather than it being directed at fans, and people are reading waaay to far into it. Given the way that it's phrased, it really doesn't make any sense for it to be aimed at fans or anything at all. It's clearly talking about Waluigi as if he was a real person competing to get into Smash bros..
I guess in that sense, he's no different than the rest of us.

DragonRob20

Smash Apprentice
Looks like Wario is solo again. No big deal tho. Lets be real, Waluigi couldnt even get in any Wario games. What makes you think he is worthy of being a playable fighter in this game? He is just not consider a big deal character for Sakurai, Nintendo or even freaking Wario for that matter.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Sakurai is basically giving us all a valuable life lesson that most parents are too scared to give their children.

Even if you do try your hardest at something, you won't necessarily succeed.
And that's probably why he's single. ¦D

I say ignorantly as he probably isn't. =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom