• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
New information clarifying the complex moves of (IMO) the single most unique newcomer this game has shown thus far? Count me in.

. . .or a taunt. Whomp.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Up-taunt? So does this mean he's actually not a summoner?

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Where's Pacman's key?

He's supposed to have a key!!!

Also all those little things he creates mine as well be troll faces.

They taunt me just the same.

Hong

The Strongest
Aww. Was hoping for a sprite of Gilgamesh from 1984's Tower of Druaga. :(

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well it's times like this that I want to demand for even more Palutena to make up for the ratio of her appearance in a PotD still being lower than the other 2 recent newcomers. At least she got something this week, so it's better than nothing, right?

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I actually figured out it was a taunt pretty early on looking at what his specials were most likely. This doesn't disappoint me now because of that. Still, while I'm not a namco fan by any means, these little references are pretty cool. :3

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
1st Impression

WOW SO UNIQUE!! I wonder what moves they can use, PACMAN SO OP!

2nd to look at the words

WAIT, IT'S JUST A TAUNT?

>Goes to sleep and pouts

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Oooooh some of those sprites look cool(and new if I'm not mistaken), especially bottom right hand corner(where's it's from?). I wonder what they all do. I like this move a lot. Lots of represen' going on, and lots of variety.

Edit: Oh it's a taunt? Awww That's really disappointing. Also is that really Baron from Sky Kid in the top right? That's awesome if so! I didn't even think that game was Namco.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Can anyone identify all the characters in Pac-Man's taunts?
Well there's the Solvalou, Mappy, galaga ship, pooka, don-Chan, Sky Kid and I don't know the bottom right person

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Figured this was a taunt. People kept calling Pac-Man a summoner, but the only moves in his repertoire that aren't from a Pac-Man game are his Up B and his grab, especially now that this is confirmed as a taunt.

Still really nice to see Pac-Man referencing a bunch of Namco stuff. :D I can't wait to main him!

Edit: Though the more I look at the pics, the more his hand sorta creeps me out. That thumb curled on and his glove all wrenched at the end? Glad it's just a quick animation. D:

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So, the fruits are the special and the characters are a taunt. Interesting.

And no character reveal, like I expected.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I'm not going to lie; this being a taunt is kinda disappointing. I'm actually legitimately surprised it's not a variation on the fruit throwing special. That being said, doing random different things makes this most likely the taunt of choice so I'm sure we'll see a lot of it anyway if Pac-Man ends up being any good as a character.

Oh well, same time, same place, three days from now?

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
I will save my wario gif I worked hard on for the right time.

In the folder it goes.

This POTD is upsetting. ugh. Sakurai...... grrr

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
...Well, the moment has passed, back to work.
Same time next week, gentlemen?

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm not going to lie; this being a taunt is kinda disappointing. I'm actually legitimately surprised it's not a variation on the fruit throwing special. That being said, doing random different things makes this most likely the taunt of choice so I'm sure we'll see a lot of it anyway if Pac-Man ends up being any good as a character.

Oh well, same time, same place, three days from now?
I am actually glad it is a taunt. His move-set would have seem slightly convoluted or incohesive if he was randomly summoning Namco sprites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom