• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Oh it's his up taunt! I would've been kinda disappointed if that was an attack, because of the randomness of it and the idea of him using pixel art as an attack for nostalgia's sake woud be very lame.
When I first saw pacman I thought that his entire moveset was just throwing around retro namco characters.

Speaking of 3rd party movesets, does anyone know if Sonic's side b and down b are any different in smash 4?

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Where's Pacman's key?

He's supposed to have a key!!!

Also all those little things he creates mine as well be troll faces.

They taunt me just the same.
The key will most likely be part of his Standard B move Bonus Fruit. It'll likely be the last item that can be summoned and likely the most powerful.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
Alrightie, time for sleep.

Till next week it is.

Wario Hype Train Schedule:

Wonday: 2:30am
Tuesday: No Wario Hype Day
WarioWendsday: 2:30am
Thursday: No Wario Hype Day
Wriday: 2:30am

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
Crap, now that that's confirmed as a taunt...the Galaga ships! What's going on with those? How about the S Flag? Is it an S Flag Summon? Or Assist Trophy? We already saw the ghosts as likely Assists...

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Screenshot 2014-07-11 17.12.22.png

It seems that Sakurai didn't show all the cameos in these pics. I wonder if there are any more not shown, besides this one.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I was excited to see Don-chan in the pic of the day! I didn't expect it to have any representation...I actually didn't know that property was Namco until tonight. :/

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I don't recognize any one of those sprites/characters, makes me now realize that I've played little to no Namco games. Still a nice update though.

Morbi

Scavenger
I don't recognize any one of those sprites/characters, makes me now realize that I've played little to no Namco games. Still a nice update though.
You are not alone, I did not really recognize any of them either. I am sure I will become accustomed to them in due time, however.

GrapeEscape

Smash Apprentice
I called it. I knew it was a taunt from looking at his different posture alone.

Now I can just sit back, relax, and bask in the salt...

EDIT: There'd probably be even more salt if Lloyd Irving was included as one of the characters he could summon in the taunt. Perhaps it just hasn't been shown off yet...? I sure do hope so.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
The green shirt character is from Dragon Buster

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Buster

I don't what to feel when there's people who don't recognise any of these characters and yet this was the only one I didn't recognise

Last edited:

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
Alrightie, time for sleep.

Till next week it is.

Wario Hype Train Schedule:

Wonday: 2:30am
Tuesday: No Wario Hype Day
WarioWendsday: 2:30am
Thursday: No Wario Hype Day
Wriday: 2:30am
Gotta ask, why exclude Tuesday and Thursday?

Loungemen

Smash Journeyman
Alright

Next time you all see a leak, whether it's the Falco leak or the Wario leak, for the love of all that is Sakurai DO NOT TRUST IT.

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias
I can't believe that people have forgotten that we're going to have a Nintendo Direct in the morning! It's primarilly third-party titles.... so :snake: confirmed? :troll:

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
S Flag summon. Pac Man's grab is also the Galaga beam (unless I missed it in the video.)
We don't know the use of the S Flag just yet...but we do know that multiple characters can carry/activate one at the same time, assuming that 3 S Flags on-screen isn't the limit.

Also every third party series has had one Assist...and we've seen the ghosts and Galaga ships as possible Assists. So either there's two Assists for Pac Man, or maybe it has something to do with the S Flag.

GrapeEscape

Smash Apprentice
I can't believe that people have forgotten that we're going to have a Nintendo Direct in the morning! It's primarilly third-party titles.... so :snake: confirmed? :troll:
Sakurai didn't comment about the Nintendo Direct in his post today. He always does when there's going to be an incoming character announcement. If your post was a joke I apologize; I couldn't tell.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Maybe it could get weird and Ms. Pac Man and Jr. Pac Man get summoned

Morbi

Scavenger
Sakurai didn't comment about the Nintendo Direct in his post today. He always does when there's going to be an incoming character announcement. If your post was a joke I apologize; I couldn't tell.
The troll emoticon directly after the post made it quite clear that he was joking, that being said, I would not be surprised to see a 3rd party character revealed during a 3rd party Direct. But I will be busy watching Melee pools. :troll:

GrapeEscape

Smash Apprentice
That would suck, being that Ms. Pac-Man would be a possible alt for Pac-Man.
I doubt it, all alts so far don't transform the character into somebody else entirely. If Pac-Man were to take on the appearance of Ms. Pac-Man it'd probably just be a bow that Pac-Man wears along with a slight change in his coloration.

(Before you use Villager and Wii Fit Trainer as counter-examples, all of the alts for Villager are still Villagers and the Wii Fit Trainer alt is still a Wii Fit Trainer.)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I doubt it, all alts so far don't transform the character into somebody else entirely. If Pac-Man were to take on the appearance of Ms. Pac-Man it'd probably just be a bow that Pac-Man wears along with a slight change in his coloration.

(Before you use Villager and Wii Fit Trainer as counter-examples, all of the alts for Villager are still Villagers and the Wii Fit Trainer alt is still a Wii Fit Trainer.)
But historical wise,

Ms. Pac-Man was a hack by a fan and changed the texture

Ms. Pac-Man IS a texture hack of pac man

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
This is a little cool..being iconic and all...it already lost points for just being a taunt, but even then..

This isn't even the real meaning of the taunt, just showing images many people won't recognize.

A taunt needs to tease the players..bring out the inner troll...shake your friends up..or it's just useless to me.

After getting a fresh kill on your friend/opponent, in your 3 seconds of time before they respawn do you want to troll them? Or just show images.

This is the kind of thing that will be looked the first time you play as PacMan "Oh hey cool" but then forgotten.

I will still hope for some useful Pacman info is released soon, a trolling taunt like his one where he is laying down and look all cool would be great for me. Or some new moves, or limits to his moves, or buffs. That would be interesting. This POTD is just flashy, that's it..

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Edit:

Ms. Pac-Man was originally conceived as an enhancement kit for Pac-Man called Crazy Otto, created by programmers employed at the General Computer Corporation (GCC).[4] While Crazy Otto was under development, GCC settled a lawsuit with Atari over their Missile Command conversion kit Super Missile Attack. Part of the settlement terms barred GCC from selling future conversion kits without consent from the original game manufacturer.

Rather than scrapping Crazy Otto entirely, the programmers decided to show it to Midway, Namco's American distributor of Pac-Man. Midway had become impatient in waiting for Namco to release its next Pac-Man game (which would be Super Pac-Man), and were enthusiastic that such a game had come to their attention. They bought the rights to Crazy Otto, changed the sprites to fit the Pac-Man universe, renamed the game Ms. Pac-Man, and released it into arcades.[5]

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
It was unlicensed because it was a hack
According to Wikipedia, a conversion for the original Pac Man was in production as Crazy Otto but the company making it was barred from making conversions. So they went to Midway who were waiting for the next Pac Man game (Super Pac Man) and liked Crazy Otto so they swapped the sprites to match the Pac Man universe and released it.

It was unlicensed because Midway (Pac Man's American distributor) made it without consent from Namco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom