• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
I'm still waiting patiently for my Earthbound kids. But I'm sure they will arrive sooner or later.
My honest prediction: Ness will be unlockable and revealed after release, Lucas will be cut as said by te Gematsu leak but possibly be back as DLC.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
That is DK's B? I never used it when I played him at Best Buy, ran out of time...

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
While this is not a Palutena pic, I guess a DK one will do. I assume it's one of the customizable moves for his neutral B.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAAYUKlZHyi3Og
Pic of the day. Here's Donkey Kong's third standard special attack, Storm Punch!! Thanks to the customization options, each fighter is stocked with 12 different special moves. The number of attacks is pretty appalling.
In the comments Sakurai said:
We've made it so that customization options, including special attacks, will be disabled when you're playing online in With Anyone mode. After all, we have to think about game balance, and it's crucial for anonymous players to be able to use reliable tactics against one another. When you're playing in single player, battling with friends online, or playing locally, you're free to play however you want--with or without customization.

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
"Pic of the day. Here's Donkey Kong's third standard special attack, Storm Punch!! Thanks to the customization options, each fighter is stocked with 12 different special moves. The number of attacks is pretty appalling."

Yes, 12 moves. Customization. So many attacks. Wow.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
"We've made it so that customization options, including special attacks, will be disabled when you're playing online in With Anyone mode. After all, we have to think about game balance, and it's crucial for anonymous players to be able to use reliable tactics against one another. When you're playing in single player, battling with friends online, or playing locally, you're free to play however you want--with or without customization."

Last edited:

BugDoctor

Smash Apprentice
'We've made it so that customization options, including special attacks, will be disabled when you're playing online in With Anyone mode. After all, we have to think about game balance, and it's crucial for anonymous players to be able to use reliable tactics against one another. When you're playing in single player, battling with friends online, or playing locally, you're free to play however you want--with or without customization.'

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer

Morbi

Scavenger

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
We learned two things here. One is that Sakurai has no confidence in the balance of the various custom special moves. Two is that whoever translated the caption today wasn't aware that appalling has a negative connotation in English.

Last edited:

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
"Pic of the day. Here's Donkey Kong's third standard special attack, Storm Punch!! Thanks to the customization options, each fighter is stocked with 12 different special moves. The number of attacks is pretty appalling."

Yes, 12 moves. Customization. So many attacks. Wow.
"Not gonna mention how I gave my baby girl 12 unique attacks while the main charter of a series that absolutely dwarfs hers has to settle on variations of his originals."

Morbi

Scavenger
We learned two things here. One is that Sakurai has no confidence in the balance of the various custom special moves. Two is that whoever translated the caption today wasn't aware that appalling has a negative connotation in English.
We already knew that he had no confidence in balancing the game with additional moves as that was confirmed in the Direct months ago. A shame too. For Fun mode is unnecessarily limited.

juddy96

Smash Lord
Maybe he meant appealing?

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
And yet Another Pyrosphere pic. Right after E3. Where it was never seen in any way. Hehe.

I will have fun with these costum moves.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Hm, wondering why he stated the blatant obvious to us. You would think he would go into some detail about the move itself.

Also, pretty excited. Toon Link, having customizable moves, probably has access to Fire and Ice Arrows!

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
And yet Another Pyrosphere pic. Right after E3. Where it was never seen in any way. Hehe.

I will have fun with these costum moves.
My god, I haven't noticed it was the Pyrosphere again. Sakurai, you are a snake.

Morbi

Scavenger
Yes. Game balance is so imperative. In for For Fun. That's why we banned those dastardly Miis, too.

Thank you Sakurai.
I agree; Mii Fighters were banned based on his incompetence. He could always provide a default Mii so that Mii Fighter mains could actually... oh I do not know, play as their main?

At least with custom moves he has an excuse.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Hm, wondering why he stated the blatant obvious to us. You would think he would go into some detail about the move itself.

Also, pretty excited. Toon Link, having customizable moves, probably has access to Fire and Ice Arrows!
I think you mean Fire and Ice Boomerang :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom