• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Mini-games? Well I was curious to see how we'd get trophies this time.

Board the Platforms - still waiting for you

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
"The details...will be kept secret for now."

"...will be kept secret for now."

"Secret for now."

"SECRET FOR NOW."

Why,

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
New trophy collecting mini-game. I can dig this. Cool update. And super mysterious for no reason. Classic Sakurai.

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
Based off the trailer, it looks a whole lot more fun than Coin Launcher. It's cool that they're trying to make collecting trophies fun! It was a pain in Melee due to how many freakin' coins it took to guarantee yourself a trophy in that trophy slot mode.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I'm guessing you break the boxes and find the trophies inside. It looks like a lot more fun than coin launcher already, and I see no obvious way stickers could be involved so they may be out. The worst part about coin launcher was definitely farming for those last few stickers that the game just plain did not want to spawn.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The name made me think it was a call back to Snag the Trophies from Melee. Apparently not.

And LOL at details being kept secret for now.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'm guessing you break the boxes and find the trophies inside. It looks like a lot more fun than coin launcher already, and I see no obvious way stickers could be involved so they may be out. The worst part about coin launcher was definitely farming for those last few stickers that the game just plain did not want to spawn.
I absolutely hated Coin Launcher for that reason.

Plus, it was entirely luck based and, unlike Snag the Trophies from Melee, did not involve actual gameplay.
I'm glad that this game actually is a real minigame.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Should I or shouldn't I:

Try to take a break from the PotD's for a week... or two? Refresh my mind a bit.

It'd be so hard. Too hard. But would I miss much? And would it reignite my hype...?

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Should I or shouldn't I:

Try to take a break from the PotD's for a week... or two? Refresh my mind a bit.

It'd be so hard. Too hard. But would I miss much? And would it reignite my hype...?
I can threaten to get emotionally intimate with you as a deterrent to breaking your POTD abstinence vows. Would that help?

gamer8

Smash Lord
I'm guessing you get a trophy every time the meter is filled up so you get a bunch of things to destroy to get better chain combos and better scores to fill it up faster, since the time limit is pretty generous there. Just what it seems like to me, I don't really feel like looking through the E3 footage to see the short clip of it right now.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
New minigame? Neat I suppose. Unless it's part of Classic or All Star or whatever mode like Melee's trophy minigame then I won't be playing it much. I didn't play Coin Launcher too much since I play Smash to fight, not to shoot coins.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I hope trophies that haven't been collected spawn more often than those that have. Doesn't have to be too easy, but a tiny edge would be nice

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Cool, another 3DS picture. Seems like they are giving the best this version more focus now that it is closer to the release date.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Last edited:

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
Updated! I like the direction they're taking the trophies game (from what I can tell). Coin Launcher was tedious and laughable, but the slots in Melee wasn't too bad. I can't tell if Pikachu is climbing the boxes or if the boxes are falling from the sky.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I was wondering what was going on in that clip in the E3 trailer, so it's nice to have a little more information on it. I'm assuming you can spend more coins at the start for more time, but it might just be you spend coins to get a play of a fixed time. It seems interesting enough, but it probably won't be the first mode I dive into! Of course, if Sakurai does a tease like this with the adventure-styled mode (with the map and coin cauldron), I'll be less amused.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
He said keeping it a secret

Unlockable stuff confirmed :troll:

Yea anyway i think this next coin thing is for this a Tetris style with characters avoiding the color boxes probably has the trophys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom