• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Well todays pic means the next 4 weeks are gonna be a pain in the a** with only two or three pics that will have interesting info. The caption is little funny but still cliche.

Morbi

Scavenger
Sakurai could always incorporate humor in a picture that reveals something new. It doesn't have to be either/or. However, I will give him a pass, he is probably saving relevant news for e3.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I'm just glad to see more Olimar. I hate that I often forget the little guy is even in the game.

Speaking of which, where the hell has Marth been? O_o
I have the same problem with Mega Man.
We see him so rarely that sometimes I just think to myself "Oh yeah, Mega Man is in this game"

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Well todays pic means the next 4 weeks are gonna be a pain in the a** with only two or three pics that will have interesting info.
On a related note I stubbed my toe today. This is irrefutable evidence that the next month of my life will be horrible, including terrible weather, sickness, inconsiderate neighbors and nothing good on television. I mean it just makes sense.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
So... Don't post here/about it? Not really sure what your purpose of posting this is.

Oh, okay. Well, most people are complaining about today's picture. Normally I would 've too, but with the games so close to release, bad pics don't bother me anymore.

Does that make sense?

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Bleh, not too fond of this picture. I despise Olimar and Giga Mac looks quite hideous although I suppose that's a good thing. Would look absolutely ridiculous if Giga Mac looked cute. The caption is cool I guess but I don't care enough about it for this update to please me. That being said my expectations aren't too terribly high.

Staarih

Smash Master
I wouldn't worry about Mega Man - whenever we get a new item, he'll be showing it off. At least it feels like it.

Mind Ranger

Smash Apprentice
Interesting post, sakurai did something different with his comment today, that being said the pic is a downer.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I have the same problem with Mega Man.
We see him so rarely that sometimes I just think to myself "Oh yeah, Mega Man is in this game"
I have absolutely no problem remembering he's in the game since he's one of my main sources of hype for it and because of his awesome reveal and his even more awesome Final Smash.

He's far from easy to forget, especially compared to Olimar.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Tomorrow's PotD: Lakitu Swoops In! But it's not what you expect... or is it? Now we know who's in-charge of the camera at such terrifying heights! Fact: Lakitu's design was actually based on Shigeru Miyamoto's pet turtle in college who got tired of being chief of photography for the yearbook staff and decided to become a pilot.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Am I the only one that saw BigMac's hair when the pic was loading and shuddered *Goku?*

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
So... Don't post here/about it? Not really sure what your purpose of posting this is.
Eh... tbh, I'm also more hyped for Kart, but that's just because of how close it is.

Getting back on topic, this is the second consecutive Monday we've gotten a Little Mac centric picture.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Am I the only one that saw BigMac's hair when the pic was loading and shuddered *Goku?*
The picture loaded too quickly for me to react. :p

Still, Goku is the last thing on your mind when you're looking forward to a PoTD, so nope.

The time I freaked out like that was when Marth's reveal picture was loading. I was like "Don't be Lucina. Don't be Lucina..." No offence to Lucina supporters.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Amusingly, I did do a Miiverse drawing at one point, involving Olimar, but he was set to his actual size when analyzing his adversary.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I would really like to start seeing more of Giga Mac in action. At least to see if he has the same moveset as Little Mac or if he has something different.

He looks so much smoother now than in the direct for some reason.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Lame potd but hilarious quote.

To me it sounds like a hint for codec's for other characters.

For this case olimar getting blogs for the pikmin stage.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I'm assuming the quote was just Sakurai being funny, not a hint at an increased number of character-specific conversations in game. That said, I wouldn't write off all the posts until E3. There's been some good ones mixed in lately, and Monday tends to get the majority of redundant/funny/minor details pictures.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Ah yes, the ever rare and dangerous Little Mac. I wonder how much his gloves are worth?

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
In Brawl, Giga Bowser was the same no matter what colour your Bowser was. If it's the same this time, then probably not.
That's a shame. Because we all know that all Smash 4 needs for people to buy it is a giant wire-frame hulk.

WORST GAME EVAR. :troll:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
In Brawl, Giga Bowser was the same no matter what colour your Bowser was. If it's the same this time, then probably not.
True. But Wire Frame Mac is so different from Bowser's simple color swaps. It would look a Little odd having a Wired Mac turn into solid Giga. Though that is the most likely case.

Then, what about Wii-Fit Trainer? Will the male one has male forms on his Final Smash beam thingies?

Also, if Bowser's Alt Costume is Dry Bowser, will we finally have Giga Dry Bowser?!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
There's also the chance that Bowser's Final Smash could be way different this time, and Giga Bowser reverts back to being a separate entity.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
There's also the chance that Bowser's Final Smash could be way different this time, and Giga Bowser reverts back to being a separate entity.
This wouldn't surprise me at all. Ever since they revealed his new design, I have strongly believed that he'll get a new Final Smash that involves all the Koopa Kids including Bowser Jr.

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
I'm assuming the quote was just Sakurai being funny, not a hint at an increased number of character-specific conversations in game. That said, I wouldn't write off all the posts until E3. There's been some good ones mixed in lately, and Monday tends to get the majority of redundant/funny/minor details pictures.
Yeah, Fridays tend to be the big days. This was primarily because of release dates on those days, though. Thursdays are usually good too.

Pre-Direct, almost any day had potential for something cool, but right now they're tending to those who can't be bothered to watch the Direct for some reason.

People should really brace themselves for post-E3. We're probably going to get a LOT of info, either directly, or just from people who played the game, and the Pic of the Day will be regurgitated info from all of that.

Pic of the Day has, for the most part, lost steam, but we got things like the Villager costumes, Dillon AT, new tether mechanics and clarification on how some new items/moves/levels work. So it's not a complete loss. Same will go for post-E3.

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
Olimar's comments on Giga Mac are gold. I have now been inspired to go finish Pikmin 3. Thanks based Sakurai.
On Topic: Bees please. How do they work. Also, why haven't we seen K.K. Slider yet. I feel like it would be a great thing to show off pre-E3 without giving away too much new information.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I actually miss staying up for these. Since the whole daylights saving garbage (dumb society and earth) I haven't stayed up for the pic on Smashboards. Only on a few adventurous nights (or I was playing Earthbound or watching Game of Thrones) i've stayed up.

I miss the hype, the disappoint, and especially the gifs .... :(

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Wonder what tomorrow will bring. Sakurai is certainly holding out for E3, but I do love the alternate costume confirmations. Always down for those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom