• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I'm pretty sure you don't need to have some sort of secret deal with Square Enix to reference Space Invaders by name. It is a classic household name after all.
It's not the first time he's mentioned a 3rd Party franchise; he mentioned Meteos on the X Bomb reveal, which is not a Nintendo franchise. Yeah, Sakurai designed the first game, but still.

EDIT: The only bizzare thing is that he seems to be avoiding bringing up Pong despite Color TV Game 15 essentially being Nintendo's version of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It is a commonly known franchise but the Dojo is an official Nintendo site that is being used to promote a Nintendo product. If it were a fan site, I wouldn't think anything of it but it's not too common for companies to name drop on promotional sites. There's also the fact that, given he said the date it was released, noting that it came before Space Invaders was kind of unnecessary because he already established the context. It's probably nothing but it is still strange.

Last edited:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
This month has been kind of underwhelming. Aside from Dillon's AT, there hasn't been much of interest: just minor new tidbits and clarifications of stuff we saw in the Direct and press pics. There's still eleven updates for the month though so I suppose that could easily turn around.
I thought Charizard's new Side B + confirmed FS was a good update...

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
It is a commonly known franchise but the Dojo is an official Nintendo site that is being used to promote a Nintendo product. If it were a fan site, I wouldn't think anything of it but it's not too common for companies to name drop on promotional sites. There's also the fact that, given he said the date it was released, noting that it came before Space Invaders was kind of unnecessary because he already established the context. It's probably nothing but it is still strange.
Heh, wait until Snake is revealed. "For more information on Snake, check out Metal Gear Solid 5, only on the PS3!"

I think for that reason actually he'll be unlockable and shown after release of the 3DS version.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Heh, wait until Snake is revealed. "For more information on Snake, check out Metal Gear Solid 5, only on the PS3!"

I think for that reason actually he'll be unlockable and shown after release of the 3DS version.
I think he is cut.

Shroob

Sup?
Tonight has to be our 3ds pic... At least, I'm assuming it does. We've still yet to get one this week.

Honestly, I'm not expecting much until June 10th.

Morbi

Scavenger
I thought Charizard's new Side B + confirmed FS was a good update...
Those are the best updates, game-play updates, or more specifically, character move-set updates.

I wouldn't mind an assist trophy reveal, but it would have to be the first time that it is revealed. I mean, the Dark Samus confirmation is coming soon, probably next week.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Those are the best updates, game-play updates, or more specifically, character move-set updates.

I wouldn't mind an assist trophy reveal, but it would have to be the first time that it is revealed. I mean, the Dark Samus confirmation is coming soon, probably next week.
Stage updates are pretty good (especially if they are new stages). Learning about stages is always cool; that Boxing Ring update last week was pretty good.

Morbi

Scavenger
Stage updates are pretty good (especially if they are new stages). Learning about stages is always cool; that Boxing Ring update last week was pretty good.
Indeed, I just don't expect too many other stage updates, but again, I didn't expect the Boxing Ring to have a stage-hazard, and look what happened! So I suppose they are exciting in their own way, but they are just so rare.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Indeed, I just don't expect too many other stage updates, but again, I didn't expect the Boxing Ring to have a stage-hazard, and look what happened! So I suppose they are exciting in their own way, but they are just so rare.
I'm really expecting something on that Kalos Pokemon league stage in the near future. The Balloon Fight stage got some attention in a POTD, which leaves Kalos Pokemon League the only stage to not have been officially shown in POTD (I don't even think it's been the background, either).

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm really expecting something on that Kalos Pokemon league stage in the near future. The Balloon Fight stage got some attention in a POTD, which leaves Kalos Pokemon League the only stage to not have been officially shown in POTD (I don't even think it's been the background, either).
I can't wait for the Kalos Elite 4 stage, it looks really fun. No matter how boring the picture, I would be so hype to just learn a little bit more about it.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I can't wait for the Kalos Elite 4 stage, it looks really fun. No matter how boring the picture, I would be so hype to just learn a little bit more about it.
I'm hoping for a string of pictures like the Super Mario 3D Land stage got, but that's probably too optimistic. I doubt we will be getting those for the Wii U stages anytime soon as the 3DS version is do out sooner. I would just like to get a reveal so we can start seeing it in future POTDs.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yes, I too would like to know more about it.
Like if it's our "Pokemon Stadium 3" considering multiple pics show different rooms.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I'm excited for tonight's picture. I'm feeling something awesome will be announced. One more week down, one week closer to E3!

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Falco and Wolf are always unlockable though, so maybe that's why. Be more worried for Lucas, if anyone.

Unless we see him tonight. I can only hope. Or, show my my ICs!!

SunnyDust

Smash Journeyman
Y'know Sakurai... Tomorrow would be an awesome day for a random reveal...
plz samurai

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
What about a structure change for the elite 4 stages? We saw the dragon part but it may changes to the theme of each elite 4 member. I actually wonder if this will involve hazards.
Malva's room is the only one I can immediately think of that would have a hazard. Maybe Siebold's too depending on whether or not the water/spiky nozzles will be simply aesthetic. Wikstrom has the falling swords (brief dodge-able hazard?) while the already shown Dragonmark room just has the Dragon statues/"ambiance" candles that briefly create a fog (perhaps having a toxic cloud effect). Then Diantha's room, which is literally just plain/pretty curtains/lighting. Unless any Pokemon actually show up.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Malva's room is the only one I can immediately think of that would have a hazard. Maybe Siebold's too depending on whether or not the water/spiky nozzles will be simply aesthetic. Wikstrom has the falling swords (brief dodge-able hazard?) while the already shown Dragonmark room just has the Dragon statues/"ambiance" candles that briefly create a fog (perhaps having a toxic cloud effect). Then Diantha's room, which is literally just plain/pretty curtains/lighting. Unless any Pokemon actually show up.
As far as we know, the platforms may differ between rooms. It would be awesome if they reveal that once in a while, the members will send out one of their Pokemon as a hazard...like Mega Gardevoir in Diantha's room. They might as well do hazards like that if many stages are going to have a Final Destination mode anyways.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Well, I'm predicting we'll see a new stage or character.

Definitely this hunk.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I would be disappointed if we got trolled with a trophy of Bandana Dee or something like that...

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
I got tired of predictions.

... eh, what the heck.

1. Some dirt on the Kalos Pokemon League stage shown in Greninja's trailer
2. An explanation of one of the newer items from the press kit photos
3. A character reveal- more likely to be Meta Knight to celebrate Kirby Triple Deluxe's PAL release
4. An entirely new stage
5. A new AT or Pokeball
6. A MAJOR character deconfirmation
7. Filler

Either one could happen.

Shroob

Sup?
3DS pic of something we know a moderate but not great amount of info on.

That, or an item from the direct/press kit.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I believe we'll get a veteran before E3 but that time is closing fast.. Could be Wario but I dunno.. The wish fulfillment in me hopes its Ivysaur. Or Lucas. The realist in me for some reason thinks Mr G&W will be revealed before the game releases and could be next for all we know.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I got tired of predictions.

... eh, what the heck.

1. Some dirt on the Kalos Pokemon League stage shown in Greninja's trailer
2. An explanation of one of the newer items from the press kit photos
3. A character reveal- more likely to be Meta Knight to celebrate Kirby Triple Deluxe's PAL release
4. An entirely new stage
5. A new AT or Pokeball
6. A MAJOR character deconfirmation
7. Filler

Either one could happen.
Just so you know, if you predict right you don't win any prizes seeing as you covered almost everything.

I predict something exciting.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I expect info we knew from the direct. An item to be exact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom