• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
I'm following these pics for the disconfirmations at this point, since it looks like no characters until E3. Remember when we got a Vet every 2 weeks?

Hope we get some significant disconfirms in the next 3 weeks!

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
You see 'Player 1' and 'Player 2', which I don't Think we've seen Before in Pics of the Day. Neat.

Sakurai is playing against Reggie.

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm following these pics for the disconfirmations at this point, since it looks like no characters until E3. Remember when we got a Vet every 2 weeks?

Hope we get some significant disconfirms in the next 3 weeks!
I am also hoping for some substantial deconfirmations, any one of the characters on Sal's list would make for some interesting speculation shifts.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
You see 'Player 1' and 'Player 2', which I don't Think we've seen Before in Pics of the Day. Neat.

Sakurai is playing against Reggie.
We saw them in a 3DS pic showing the difference between having outlines and disabling them.

D

Deleted member

Ridley Confirmed agaaaaaaain

It's common knowledge that whenever Sakurai shows Pyrosphere, he's obviously teasing Ridley. Really, it's not just us over-speculating

Last edited by a moderator:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Actually, if Chorus Men, by that name, are shown in the PotD as an Assist trophy, is would likely further exacerbate the situation, as it would all but confirm the notion that the leak was legitimate, however some details were mixed up.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Oh look, an Assist Trophy that we've already seen and that I don't care for. Well since I didn't get what I want I suppose the proper thing to do is call Sakurai dirty names and make empty death threats and all around be direspectful. Oh wait...

But in all honesty, meh picture but at least he's trying. He's actually explaining something and not just commenting on people lying down.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The platforms moved...

What gives...

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I had the hardest time figuring out that was Zero suit Samus. I thought it was some cool alt for Greninja.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Actually, if Chorus Men, by that name, are shown in the PotD as an Assist trophy, is would likely further exacerbate the situation, as it would all but confirm the notion that the leak was legitimate, however some details were mixed up.
I'm around 80% sure that the leak was real. I don't mind Chorus Men as a character because Rhythm Based Combos. I hope that the guy mixed them up with Marshal, Miss Ribbon, and Cam though.

I actually don't mind any characters in the leak, maybe except Shulk, but that's because I never played Xenoblade. I don't mind if people are happy though.

QJD1381

Smash Apprentice
"If the leak is wrong, that just further proves it's right!"

Did I just read that?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
"If the leak is wrong, that just further proves it's right!"

Did I just read that?
No, you didn't.

He's saying that the characters were gotten right, just not their role in the game. Let's remember that some of the characters in Brawl were planned to be playable. And then Sonic pushed them back enough to not be. It's like people saying Mewtwo was planned during Brawl's development(as in a leak saying that), then we find out he's no more than a Trophy. Now, naturally, we'd say the leak was completely fake. But then we look at find out he has playable data. That proves it was not a fake leak, but that plans changed.

...That's what he's getting at overall. Or she.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Neat-O! Assist Trophy!

My my... that was a long description. Sakurai sure is chatty. :laugh:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I'd guess the main reason for this update was to explain the choice of that particular assist trophy, as I'm pretty sure when many people saw it in the direct they didn't entirely understand why Pong would be an assist trophy. As that particular Pong console was never released outside of Japan there are probably alot of Nintendo fans had never even heard of it.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
This month has been kind of underwhelming. Aside from Dillon's AT, there hasn't been much of interest: just minor new tidbits and clarifications of stuff we saw in the Direct and press pics. There's still eleven updates for the month though so I suppose that could easily turn around.

schavira

Smash Journeyman
I find it odd that no one is really acknowledging how Sakurai mentioned a third party franchise in this post, one owned by Square Enix. That is not something Nintendo tends to do in promotional materials for their own games.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I find it odd that no one is really acknowledging how Sakurai mentioned a third party franchise in this post, one owned by Square Enix. That is not something Nintendo tends to do in promotional materials for their own games.
That's... actually kind of an interesting point. I'm going to leave my Reynolds Wrap in the pantry for now but you are right about it technically being a reference to a third party company that's never been represented in Smash.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Another potd about something from the direct.

And its the pyrosphere without Ridley again.

Just makes me more confident on ridley being playable everytime, from my 2 cannonballs i made on pages 636 and 637 on the ridley support thread.

Last edited:

spader13

Smash Journeyman
This AT is less exciting than a lot of them, and one we already knew about.

Seeing Samus and ZSS together, though, made me think that Sakurai will almost certainly have an Event Match that's one vs the other or the two together on a team against Ridley/other villains. That said, I really just want to see more game modes confirmed via PotD, even if they start with ones we're expecting like Home Run Contest and Event Matches.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Space Invaders? Or was it some other game?

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Because promoting Space Invaders is really going to give them a lot of business. It was a history lesson, nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom