• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Link is an avatar for the player too. Should Sakurai remove him from the game because of that?
Except Link's an established video game character with 20+ years of lore. Miis are just faceless avatars you can whip up in 30 seconds.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
god knows there's going to be PLENTY of Hitler Miis come their reveal.
In all my time playing online games with Miis, I have never seen an inappropriate one and have never heard about this complaint outside of smash speculation.

This is a half-assed exscuse.

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Because we got Diddy Kong on the North American release date of Tropical Freeze.
That's only because February's Nintendo Direct interfered with the Japanese release date of Tropical Freeze, and Sakurai wanted to use the direct to reveal a newcomer rather then waste it on a veteran. The American/European release date for the game was Diddy's next best option.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Woke up not too long ago. So, no Yoshi after all. Not disappointed though, as I had considered this possibility before.

Anyway, new stage! But, where is it from?

For this week, we had two new stages, the Motion-Sensor Bomb, Zelda's Din's Fire buff and the Captain Rainbow Little Mac trophy. Not a bad week at all.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
this just proves sakurai don't give a crap for any other country then japan

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
*wakes up randomly*

Oh my god... just when we thought the man couldn't outdo himself, he creates a whole new tier of trolling. The pic is new but it's not the thing that people were so confident about for the past two months. Once again, Sakurai is a master of his craft and just knowingly punked thousands of people around the world. I'm sorry Yoshi fans but this is downright hilarious.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
After watching this video it seems that it really is a Tomodachi Collection stage.

1:03 is when the rooms start being shown off

Game actually looks pretty funny. Like some kind of weird cross between Tamagotchi and the Sims. They picked the room because you can customize it and that's where your Mii stays most of the time. It's probably the apartment complex cut down the middle to show off several Mii's rooms. They'll probably come watch the fight and ask for stuff. It actually feels like it has potential to be a pretty clever stage.
Oh my gosh I heard they were bringing this to the US but I never watched a video on it. Now I want it so bad. I HAVE A MIGHTY NEED!

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Mii has become more than an avatar. I think their important and iconic enough to be in Smash. Nintendo love everything about the Wii. They couldn't even let it go with the Wii U.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Oh goody, look at all the rage, I had a feeling we wouldn't be seeing Yoshi today, especially since we had so many times where we didn't get a character reveal on a Western release and Diddy Kong was probably pushed to one because Little Mac snubbed his Japanese reveal due to the Direct, I guess we can more or less be certain that characters won't be revealed for Western releases unless their Japanese releases are passed over for any reason.

As for the stage, I'm not sure where it's from but according to you guy's it's some Japanese game related to the Mii's. Well talk about rubbing salt in the wound for some people....

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
****ing ridiculous and the stage looks like ****e.
Also it's the THIRD stage related to Miis in some way, that's too much (unless it's actually the same stage of the Find Mii picture).
DISAPPOOOOOOOINTEEEEED

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
*wakes up randomly*

Oh my god... just when we thought the man couldn't outdo himself, he creates a whole new tier of trolling. The pic is new but it's not the thing that people were so confident about for the past two months. Once again, Sakurai is a master of his craft and just knowingly punked thousands of people around the world. I'm sorry Yoshi fans but this is downright hilarious.
I put the blame squarely on us for getting hyped on something that was unlikely based on past experience.

AquaDork1

Smash Apprentice
Tomodachi Collection: New Life (for 3DS) is coming to the west

so,
great marketing :rolleyes:

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I am not to impressed with the newcomers so far and with mii being 90% likely we will have 3 avatar characters, where is the variety

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
In all my time playing online games with Miis, I have never seen an inappropriate one and have never heard about this complaint outside of smash speculation.

This is a half-***** exscuse.
Personally, I don't care at all about Hitler Miis and agree that it's a bad argument. I just think Miis in general are a really bland choice. They aren't visually appealing at all, imo, and they're just generic avatars - I would much rather see a character with a history, actual story, and move-set based on something interesting and well established than some random dude's avatar with a hodgepodge moveset from a bunch of sports titles and whatnot that I played once or twice solely because they came packaged with the Wii and then got bored of. But that's just my take on it. If somebody has an argument that makes Miis sound really appealing, I'd love to hear it, but I haven't yet.

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Hm. I was hoping for a Daigasso Band Bros. stage. The guitar got me excited but it might be Tomodachi Collection instead. Still keeping my fingers crossed.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I feel like this is just Sakurai's way of showing how important the Mii's are to Nintendo, by having a bunch of stages from the games they've been in. I still don't think they'll be in.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I am not to impressed with the newcomers so far and with mii being 90% likely we will have 3 avatar characters, where is the variety
As I said earlier.

Villager
Mii

Only two avatar characters.

Wii Fit Trainer cannot be considered an avatar. She has never been playable until now.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Personally, I don't care at all about Hitler Miis and agree that it's a bad argument. I just think Miis in general are a really bland choice. They aren't visually appealing at all, imo, and they're just generic avatars - I would much rather see a character with a history, actual story, and move-set based on something interesting and well established than some random dude's avatar with a hodgepodge moveset from a bunch of sports titles and whatnot that I played once or twice solely because they came packaged with the Wii and then got bored of. But that's just my take on it. If somebody has an argument that makes Miis sound really appealing, I'd love to hear it, but I haven't yet.
So Rosalina? But people complained about her too. No one will be happy with the entire roster, so Sakurai tries to give everyone at least one character they like. If that happens to be Mii's.. oh well. They could end up being really fun to play as. Or beat up.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
It's three if you consider the Pokemon Trainer a player avatar as well (also presuming he comes back). Miis are also just generally boring; I wouldn't be shocked if they were a playable character, but I don't see any new reason to suspect they will be either. Was anyone reading into the liklihood of a particular new character when we saw the PictoChat stage in Brawl?

Two more videos

The first video shows how much stuff is capable of being put against the walls and in the room in general (:09), the second video shows that large objects can be put on display (the bike at 2:54) I'm pointing these out because the amount of detail in the single room shown in the Smash shot (stickers on the walls and the guitar) made me question if it was a Tomodachi Collection. Watching the videos really confirms it for me.

Sorry, I never heard of this game, sense it's in Smash I'm diving into it.

Last edited:

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
So Rosalina? But people complained about her too. No one will be happy with the entire roster, so Sakurai tries to give everyone at least one character they like. If that happens to be Mii's.. oh well. They could end up being really fun to play as. Or beat up.
What does Rosalina have anything to do with what I said? Of course people are always going to find something on the roster to be upset with, I'm not saying that not having Miis would make everybody magically happy with the roster no matter what - just that it'd make me happier with it XD

I'll admit I was skeptical that Rosalina would become playable, but I always sort of thought she could be an interesting character. And it turns out they did find a way to make her interesting, so I have no complaints. Maybe they'll find a gimmick for Miis that completely changes my mind about them... I kinda doubt it, but it's possible. Still not all that excited for them at the moment, though :p

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
What does Rosalina have anything to do with what I said? Of course people are always going to find something on the roster to be upset with, I'm not saying that not having Miis would make everybody magically happy with the roster no matter what - just that it'd make me happier with it XD

I'll admit I was skeptical that Rosalina would become playable, but I always sort of thought she could be an interesting character. And it turns out they did find a way to make her interesting, so I have no complaints. Maybe they'll find a gimmick for Miis that completely changes my mind about them... I kinda doubt it, but it's possible. Still not all that excited for them at the moment, though :p
Just the part about an interesting backstory and original moveset.

I know exactly where you're coming from, and while it's not my personal opinion on Mii's, I do feel it about other characters in Smash. People adapt though. I hated the idea of ROB in Brawl, and playing as him made me appreciate him in a different way.

You are right to say that making the Mii's interesting may be tough. Their moveset would have to be amazing for them to be worthwhile, but seeing as they've been in a ridiculous amount of games now, I think Sakurai could be really creative.

Perhaps it's as suggested, that the Mii's wont appear because they are being represented in stages... but in four Mii stages, we've seen no Mii's. It's like Pyrosphere time four.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Just the part about an interesting backstory and original moveset.

I know exactly where you're coming from, and while it's not my personal opinion on Mii's, I do feel it about other characters in Smash. People adapt though. I hated the idea of ROB in Brawl, and playing as him made me appreciate him in a different way.

You are right to say that making the Mii's interesting may be tough. Their moveset would have to be amazing for them to be worthwhile, but seeing as they've been in a ridiculous amount of games now, I think Sakurai could be really creative.

Perhaps it's as suggested, that the Mii's wont appear because they are being represented in stages... but in four Mii stages, we've seen no Mii's. It's like Pyrosphere time four.
Rosalina has a backstory, two big games she's fairly central in, and she's practically a goddess of the cosmos, so it's perfectly feasible for Sakurai to invent a move-set based on space for her - if that's not interesting, I don't know what is :| I think she's very, very far from being as dull and throwaway as Miis. I can understand people being disappointed she got in over other Mario characters, but that's a whole different argument.

Yeah, I suppose it's still possible Miis are merely being represented through stages, like Animal Crossing last time except more-so, and I'd really love to believe that... but I also have to admit that the Leaky 3 leak is starting to look more and more legit, which is really what bums me out here. Ah well, I guess if I start expecting them now I'll be less disappointed when they actually show up XD

I was pretty disappointed by ROB at first, too, and I still don't really like playing as him, but at least he is a very unique and interesting piece of Nintendo's history that brings something somewhat different to the table - I can accept his inclusion based on those merits even if I'm not crazy about him otherwise.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I hope Miiverse is a stage. *imagines fighting with requests for Goku and Shrek flying around in the background* :troll:

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
So, people were expected Yoshi to be revealed?

Come on guys. We should all be used to Sakurai's tolling by now.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

Seriously though, I'm glad I decided to just go to sleep for a bit. Waking up to see all of this makes it that much more satisfying.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
Am I the only one who thinks that all these Mii stages are actually working against Mii being playable? It's as if they are to compensate the Mii not being playable by representing them and their games excessively in other ways (stages).

Or then the Mii is just so damn big for Nintendo that it will be playable and get the most stages and whatnot. I guess their games do have other elements to them as well...

Have to say I'm surprised with lack of Yoshi once again. Wonder if we'll really have to wait till summer for him, or if he'll be revealed when a Mario game (Party, Kart) comes out. This definitely makes speculation as to what characters will be revealed this month more interesting.

Last edited:

TheSmasher916

Smash Journeyman
Have to say I'm surprised with lack of Yoshi once again. Wonder if we'll really have to wait till summer for him, or if he'll be revealed when a Mario game (Party, Kart) comes out. This definitely makes speculation as to what characters will be revealed this month more interesting.
Pokemon character for Trozei, or a Metroid reveal for Super Metroid's anniversary. That's all I got.. This is gonna be an interesting month...

D

Deleted member

Poor Yoshi. The little guy has been getting screwed over with this game numerous times. If Wario gets confirmed next week, we might see Yoshi in May for Mario Kart 8. And if we don't see him then… well… see you in the summer, Yoshi.

At least the stage looks cool.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Get two new 3DS stages this week; complain about Yoshi. Makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom