• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Yeah, but guys, this is sort of important, I think. Isn't Tomodachi Collection primarily focused on Miis? And isn't there a Find Mii stage on the 3DS as well? I'm sensing a lot of Mii love here, if you get what I'm saying.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Kind of bummed, I was really hoping to see a nice, pretty new Yoshi model for this game. Oh well.

Now wondering who the monthly character is going to be instead, and when they're going to show up (it's already the 14th!).

R0Y

Smash Master
As someone who isn't interested in Pokemon, the 3DS version, or Animal Crossing, this week was mostly yawn.

The Zelda buff (again!) and motion-sensor bomb interested me though.

Dairz

Smash Ace
Why did this week leave us with two new stages by giving us tiny glimpses, so we know absolutely nothing about the stage or how it works, besides what game its from? We have, what, four of those now?

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Maaan, I was prepared to not even be upset about a late non-Yoshi update, but something that boosts the Mii's chances... blegh, now I'm upset all over again D8 JUST COULDN'T LET ME HAVE MY PERSONAL VICTORY, COULD YA, SAKURAI?!

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
You swam through how many pages just to prove me wrong?
I didn't
I had yours and fal's post on save,
I was going to do this to either of you depending on the outcome:p
you happened to be the one to lose:p
you might remember this post I made a while ago
whelp todays the day, time to see if we get Yoshi or not,
one things for sure though, Swampasaur or FalKoopa, one of them are going to be eating their words based on the outcome tonight
I was sticking true to it

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Miis confirmed.

There is no denying it folks.

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
GDC is next week. Nintendo has made some pretty big game announcements there in the past.

So maybe they're saving a character reveal for next week to build hype and keep some attention on them, as opposed to Sony/Microsoft.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
By the way, no Yoshi today means that we would either see him early next week or some time in Summer to correlate with Japan's release of Yoshi's New Island, like they did with Zelda for a Link Between Worlds.

...That's a rather long wait period for one of the Original 8. But I suppose they could also just throw Yoshi in whenever Sakurai feels like adding him in. But with Yoshi having actual game releases for the first time in years, I doubt it.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
We did get two new 3DS stages this week then. That's actually pretty good even if we don't really know how either of them plays. The character will probably come next week Yoshi or not; it's not really a big deal.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
I am prepared to be that guy who denies Mii's inclusion the way Toad supporters deny Toad being a useless pile of garbage :mad:

*preps for flames*

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
We didn't get Zelda for the American/European release of A Link Between Worlds, so why did you guys think we'd get Yoshi today?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
You guys realize that if this is a Tomodachi Collection stage that's two official Mii stages, three if you count Pilotwing.
For the record

Find Mii/Streetpass Quest
This one
Pilotwings
Wii Fit (borderline)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
This seems like a strange background choice for any stage, there's probably a lot more to it.

Shame we won't find out what else is going on with the stage for like another few weeks at least. :rolleyes:

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
By the way, no Yoshi today means that we would either see him early next week or some time in Summer to correlate with Japan's release of Yoshi's New Island, like they did with Zelda for a Link Between Worlds.

...That's a rather long wait period for one of the Original 8. But I suppose they could also just throw Yoshi in whenever Sakurai feels like adding him in. But with Yoshi having actual game releases for the first time in years, I doubt it.
He's gonna have to start to revealing chatacters on random dates anyway. I figure with character like Ice Climbers and Ness and Lucas that he would just show them whenever.

R0Y

Smash Master
We didn't get Zelda for the Canadian/European release of A Link Between Worlds, so why did you guys think we'd get Yoshi today?
Because we got Diddy Kong on the North American release date of Tropical Freeze. It was a possibility today, especially with the Japanese version not even being dated and Yoshi being a starter in all three Smash games.

Last edited:

Dairz

Smash Ace
This seems like a strange background choice for any stage, there's probably a lot more to it.

Shame we won't find out what else is going on with the stage for like another few weeks at least. :rolleyes:
Try several months... we still don't know about Palutena's Temple, or the Find Mii stage.

sonus

Smash Cadet
it looks like they are standing on platform from a normal level and then he just pasted a random pic as the backround..

After watching this video it seems that it really is a Tomodachi Collection stage.

1:03 is when the rooms start being shown off

Game actually looks pretty funny. Like some kind of weird cross between Tamagotchi and the Sims. They picked the room because you can customize it and that's where your Mii stays most of the time. It's probably the apartment complex cut down the middle to show off several Mii's rooms. They'll probably come watch the fight and ask for stuff. It actually feels like it has potential to be a pretty clever stage.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Holy ****, another 3DS pic! Thank you based Sakurai. That is a great looking stage.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Still don't understand why people dislike Miis.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
He's gonna have to start to revealing chatacters on random dates anyway. I figure with character like Ice Climbers and Ness and Lucas that he would just show them whenever.
Ice Climbers could correlate with Famicom Remix 1+2's retail release on April 24th in Japan.
The Climbers are the definitive retro character of the cast, I imagine that to be the best time for them to show up.

Last edited:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
If Miis really are playable...why do they have so many stages?

I mean, two Mii-based stages in the 3DS version alone.

Maybe I'm thinking too much about this.
After all, series like Zelda or Mario could have 3 or 4 stages each in both the 3DS and WiiU versions.

And Ness and Captain Falcon each got two stages for their respective series in Melee.

----

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Still don't understand why people dislike Miis.
Same reason they dislike R.O.B.

They're accessories. R.O.B.'s not a video game character, he's a toy. Miis are just your avatar and god knows there's going to be PLENTY of Hitler Miis come their reveal.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Same reason they dislike R.O.B.

They're accessories. R.O.B.'s not a video game character, he's a toy. Miis are just your avatar and god knows there's going to be PLENTY of Hitler Miis come their reveal.
Link is an avatar for the player too. Should Sakurai remove him from the game because of that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom