• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

relisthain

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai will probably start teasing the next character reveal or show zelda and the phantom again without any clarification.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Sakurai will probably start teasing the next character reveal or show zelda and the phantom again without any clarification.
That would be great. Although, if he's going to do any teasing, it might be better to start tomorrow, since Friday is the release of Tropical Freeze in America.

As I recall, the POTD prior to Little Mac's reveal day was Toon Link swatting DK with the HRB, and Sakurai subtly hinted at something more to the picture. If we don't get any DK-themed tease tonight, then we most definitely could tomorrow.

As for the Phantom, that was part of Zelda's photo batch on the official Smash site following her reveal (IIRC); these don't come with captions. And of course, it was the lack of captions that encouraged heated speculation. If Sakurai is to give POTD spotlight to the Phantom (and Zelda), then I'd venture that it would come with some more clarification, possibly even an outright explanation as to what the Phantom actually is.

Espio264

Smash Ace
Tonight: Diddy reveal.
Tomorrow: Mac punching Diddy.
Friday: Wario reveal.
Monday: Mac punching Wario.
Tuesday: Ness reveal.
Wednesday: Mac punching Ness.
Thursday: Sandwhich item.
Friday: Mac punching Peach.

She didn't bring him his sandwhich fast enough.

Seriously though, hoping for Palutena arena info. Probably with Mac punching Pit.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't another cheesy pic of Villager v. Mac in the boxing ring stage except with Sakurai saying something silly; something in terms of citing Villager's weight and height, and place of origin, as a reference to the games.

Shroob

Sup?
If we get another character this month, doesn't matter who, it does make me wonder if we'll keep getting 2 a month in the following 'down time' months when Nintendo doesn't have any big releases.

Hammer B

Smash Journeyman
Maybe Sakurai will continue the tradition of showing off a weekly Rosalina picture (even if she's not the newer newcomer).

SSB4Dojo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CommanderCanuck7
Just show me more of the Boxing Ring stage on the 3DS please

SSB4Dojo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CommanderCanuck7
quote="ToasterBrains, post: 16378709, member: 212341"]I uh...
You know, Punch Out was never on handheld, as far as I know...[/quote]
We have already seen a pic of the stage so I just want to see more of it on the 3DS
screen-9.jpg
[

Last edited:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I uh...
You know, Punch Out was never on handheld, as far as I know...
What do you mean? The official Smash site has shown that the Punch-Out Ring stage also exists in the 3DS version of Smash (this picture is included in Little Mac's gallery on his character page, if you want to see for yourself).

I would imagine that the 3DS Ring is not too dissimilar from the Wii U version, save the obvious downgrade in detail. But seeing how it looks like from a wider angle would of course be welcome.

EDIT: I see that I have been shinobi'd. Carry on.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I never got the memo that said it didn't.
So much sass over a simple mistake.

It just never occurred to me that you could use the vc as an excuse to blur the console/handheld stage separation rule.

Anywho, this is getting off topic. Carry on.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So much sass over a simple mistake.

It just never occurred to me that you could use the vc as an excuse to blur the console/handheld stage separation rule.

Anywho, this is getting off topic. Carry on.
My intention wasn't to blur the seperation rule, it was just to provide an example of Punch-Out!! appearing on a handheld.

Last edited:

SSB4Dojo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CommanderCanuck7
Has there been a week yet where we've gotten more than one item reveal? It'd be nice to get more, of course, but I'm pleased enough with the Fairy Bottle for this week.
There hasn't been two in one week yet but I would love to start a new trend.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Has there been a week yet where we've gotten more than one item reveal? It'd be nice to get more, of course, but I'm pleased enough with the Fairy Bottle for this week.
I don't believe so. I'll take a Pokeball 'Mon or an AT though :)

NO ITEMS, FOX ONLY, FINAL DESTINATION!
FINAL DESTINATION CONFIRMED AS TODAY'S PICTURE

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Considering we haven't gotten it yet, maybe that guy was right and we are getting Diddy tonight.... or maybe I'm just really hyper and excited.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Considering we haven't gotten it yet, maybe that guy was right and we are getting Diddy tonight.... or maybe I'm just really hyper and excited.
It's not late yet. It's been early recently. In the past, we've had them 45 minutes later than this.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
I don't know why Sakurai doesn't just reveal a character each week until the games release. We know there will be around 40 characters in the game. There does not need to be fancy trailer like Little Mac, Rosalina, WFT, MM, The Villager had, but a simple reveal like Lucario's. Guess he only wants the newcomers with trailers.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't know why Sakurai doesn't just reveal a character each week until the games release. We know there will be around 40 characters in the game. There does not need to be fancy trailer like Little Mac, Rosalina, WFT, MM, The Villager had, but a simple reveal like Lucario's. Guess he only wants the newcomers with trailers.
We would run out of characters...

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
We don't know that at all. Plus, if he had have done that we'd be out of characters and lose hype and interest. This way is more fun. We sit around every day waiting rather than read it all once and move on.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
One gameplay video per week with the revealed characters, on the other hand, would be a dream come true, at least for the people who don't somehow have the game ruined for them by vicariously experiencing it in any way, shape or form.

Expecting some new attack description tonight.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Wasn't the only non-character late pic the Galaxy stage? Or was there another I'm forgetting?
I think the one with details about Marth's shieldbreaker was late.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Well I mean he said all newcomers will get their own trailer and personal pic...

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Why the hell is everybody thinking the pic will be late when it isn't even the normal time that Sakurai updates Miiverse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom