• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
How I think this new item will work:
- Pick up the bottle and it stays with you for your current stock. (A little fairy bottle icon appears on your character's percentage, like the Dragoon parts.)
- Once you hit a certain percentage (100%, for example), the fairy will pop out of the bottle and heal you back to 0%. (The icon disappears.)
- If you are knocked out before activating the item, you lose it. (For balance purposes. I think it would be a bit broken if you had it for the entire match if your KOs were at below 100%.)

Last edited:

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
Seems to work like the SSB64 Heart Container.

I would have had Kirby's Pep Brew heal 50%, Metroid's Energy Tank heal 100%, and Zelda's Heart Container heal all damage.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Just to further the point that the fairy isn't replacing the heart container, in case anyone still thinks that.

Looks pretty safe to me.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
As much as I like seeing new items and like this one, I want to see new items from different franchises too. Variety is good, after all.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
As much as I like seeing new items and like this one, I want to see new items from different franchises too. Variety is good, after all.
Well, we have gotten the first Item from both Kid Icarus and Pikmin, so it's good so far. ^^

Also, I was wrong, no Mac today. Hmm. But tomorrow it will be! Or my name isn't MoM.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Snake's box should be an item that lets anyone hide under it. This doesn't actually achieve anything, but why the hell not?

Yeah, I have no idea what item would come from MGS. I do like the idea that a Sonic item could be the classic shields, they'd come in the monitor thing you have to break open too. It'd be just one item, but it could randomly spawn as a normal shield, fire, bubble, electric, each with the effect it had in the classic games. Though it would be pretty pointless for a one hit shield, so I guess their function would change slightly, probably just nullifying projectiles without reflecting them, except maybe the fire shield reflecting fire projectiles, the electric shield electric projectiles, etc. It'd just last a short time instead of being knocked off when hit.

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Just to further the point that the fairy isn't replacing the heart container, in case anyone still thinks that.

Looks pretty safe to me.
That ain't a Heart Container. . .
That's an Uprising (Kid Icarus) heart. Whatever those things are called.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I can see this

Food = low amount of heal

Maximum tomato = 50%

Heart container = 100%

The new fairy heal item = ### all the way back down to 0%

In other words they figured out a way to resurrect what the heart container did in smash bros 64

Last edited:

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Ooh neat a new heal item. Wonder if it will have a quick animation with the fairy like in Zelda.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
You know what the pic of the day made me think? how cool would it be if the new "rest area" in all star mode was a fair fountain? that would be pretty damn awesome to see in HD

LazerRage

Smash Cadet
i keep seeing this image around- where exactly did it come from?
It was shown as an early piece of development concept art. Various gaming news sources, like IGN for example, include it in "official art" sections of their Smash Bros 4 page.

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I'd say the bottle fully heals a player ONLY if they are above 100% damage.

Like how fairies automatically heal in Zelda whenever you die.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I don't know, I personally hope the Heart Container is gone, just because two Zelda healing items is kinda lame. Might not be the best reason, but I just would rather see other items from other franchises.

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
I'd say the bottle fully heals a player ONLY if they are above 100% damage.

Like how fairies automatically heal in Zelda whenever you die.
That would be very cool. I'd imaging a bottle icon would appear next to your percentage counter when you pick it up, only releasing the fairy when you have over 100%. So other people are still able to knock the bottle out of you if you are holding it under 100%.

That reminds me though, I really hope has some reliable way to knock items out of other players hands instead of letting it depend on percentage. I always hated it when the stupid dragoon item showed up other could hit the pieces out of me with single jabs while others could hold on to theirs while being wombo combo'd. I don't mind the loser having an advantage but Brawl took it a bit to far.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
That would be very cool. I'd imaging a bottle icon would appear next to your percentage counter when you pick it up, only releasing the fairy when you have over 100%. So other people are still able to knock the bottle out of you if you are holding it under 100%.

That reminds me though, I really hope has some reliable way to knock items out of other players hands instead of letting it depend on percentage. I always hated it when the stupid dragoon item showed up other could hit the pieces out of me with single jabs while others could hold on to theirs while being wombo combo'd. I don't mind the loser having an advantage but Brawl took it a bit to far.
Wombo Combo + Brawl?
That doesn't make sense.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Nah, Mewtwo was gonna be in Brawl, is basically the most requested character everywhere, has new MegaEvolutions and a new Movie, he'll be back playable. Probably not Before launch, though.

Anywho. Tomorrow... I predict Little Mac, OR Big Mac (Giga Mac). Probably explaining that Giga Mac is hyper powerful, but becomes very slow.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
So, year of Luigi ends in March 13th. Isn't it the same day the new Yoshi game comes out? Year of Yoshi?

EDIT: Sorry I'm wrong, it ends in March 18th actually. Someone pointed out that the 19th is the anniversary of Super Metroid though... LOL.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
My predictions for the rest of the week:

-a returning AT/new pokeball pokemon
-new information about the 3DS Punch Out stage or the Wii U Kid Icarus stage
-something DK related to celebrate the NA/EU release of BK Topical Cheese on Friday

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Sorry I'm wrong, it ends in March 18th actually. Someone pointed out that the 19th is the anniversary of Super Metroid though... LOL.
That date isn't a coincidence. Year of Samus confirmed. New Metroid confirmed. Ridley confirmed. Everyone hold onto your arses.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Really hoping to get a Pokemon stage soon. Even if it's just the seemingly obligatory Stadium, I'm curious what we're gonna get on Wii U.
Kinda banking on nothing that big this week though, except for maybe a DK stage or *fingers crossed* Diddy Kong on Friday.

Morbi

Scavenger
If the Heart Container is returning, I feel as though the Fairy Bottle is entirely redundant. I don't necessarily see the point, even if it does heal at any given percentage. It just seems excessive, but it is new I suppose, so I can't be too disappointed.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Nah, Mewtwo was gonna be in Brawl, is basically the most requested character everywhere, has new MegaEvolutions and a new Movie, he'll be back playable. Probably not Before launch, though.

Anywho. Tomorrow... I predict Little Mac, OR Big Mac (Giga Mac). Probably explaining that Giga Mac is hyper powerful, but becomes very slow.
I don't know if we'll see his final smash again. We still haven't seen WFT's final smash again and they showed that at E3.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
For those of us who haven't played SM3DW yet, what is that scene referencing? Someone explain to me privately please so I can appreciate it? Also I hope they're upping the content of items. To those saying that the Fairy Bottle AND Heart container are both in would be redundant? What if it's either/or? if on e is on, the other is off?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
For those of us who haven't played SM3DW yet, what is that scene referencing? Someone explain to me privately please so I can appreciate it? Also I hope they're upping the content of items. To those saying that the Fairy Bottle AND Heart container are both in would be redundant? What if it's either/or? if on e is on, the other is off?
It's the intro at the very beginning of the game. Just check on Youtube.

I think the Fairy bottle will probably heal all of your damage percentage like the Heart Container did in Smash 64 while the Heart Container does it's usual job of healing 100% damage.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
It's the intro at the very beginning of the game. Just check on Youtube.

I think the Fairy bottle will probably heal all of your damage percentage like the Heart Container did in Smash 64 while the Heart Container does it's usual job of healing 100% damage.
Thanks Kikwi. *goes to do just that* Think we'll actually get items from every franchise this time?

CosmicKirby

Smash Apprentice
Two Zelda healing items! I don't know why, but I'd prefer an array of healing items. Maybe the heart container has been replaced by a Power Cell from Metroid.

ALSO, I love the SMB3DW reference in this picture. Very clever Sakurai.
They really missed an opportunity for a Megaman E-Tank if you ask me.

Last edited:

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Depends, what would Game & Watch's item be?
Any element from the G&W games, they could even turn one of G&W's moves into a item, like, a throwabale key, the gas pump thing, it could be anything. Just as Samus' upB being the same as that ball thingy.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Any element from the G&W games, they could even turn one of G&W's moves into a item, like, a throwabale key, the gas pump thing, it could be anything. Just as Samus' upB being the same as that ball thingy.
You mean "Screw Attack".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom