• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Yeah, megaman's e tank would have been sweet, or a shield from sonic too.

looks more like the SS bottle to me, but their both pretty close

Yeah, I was actually to going to point that out, but I didn't want to edit the post again. The main thing is that they didn't use the TP design.
Hopefully this carries over to the Heart Container. Skyward Sword's Heart Container looks awesome.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Anyway, we're still missing the Energy Tank from Metroid. Then we'll be set. It should be:

Maxim Tomato - gives 50% heal
Energy Tank - gives 100% heal
Fairy - gives complete heal
Heart Container / 1-Up Mushroom - appears only in stock matches, extremely rare, and gives one life (in time matches, it could give a point back I guess)
You know it will be to powerful with one item get a full stock, maybe if you pick four it will give a extra life like in the Zelda games.
.n_n.

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
Agreed. The SS one is a great take on the heart container.

What if a stock giving item were cd rare?

Last edited:

LazerRage

Smash Cadet
Yeah! Fairy in a Bottle item is SO GOOD! I thought I wanted a Navi Assist Trophy, but this is also cool :)

I really hope there is a unique mechanic. I think it should be the option to either heal yourself right away, or save it and be resurrected right after losing a stock. Either that, or having the bottle be breakable so if you're not careful, the fairy may get away. I also hope for the N64 style fairy-in-a-bottle noises!

THIS ALSO GAVE ME A GREAT IDEA- (Now I'm just dreaming)- Making "bottles" a Zelda-themed pokeball-type item- Link's bottles appear with varying things inside. The bottles' contents would range from spring water, to Lon Lon Milk, to a Fairy, a Poe, blue fire, a fish, a golden bug, red/ green/ blue potions, chu jelly, etc.

I'd like to see diversity in items, but honestly Zelda has not been over-represented. The Zelda series is full of item-heavy games so I'm frankly shocked there hasn't been more items from Zelda in Smash Bros.

Last edited:

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
That bottle-poke ball idea is a good one. There are so many things you can put in bottles in the games (Deku princess anyone?). There's a lot of potential here.

As for the fairy, maybe you throw the bottle and the fairy flys around where it broke. You could run into it to pick it up.

andimidna

Smash Master
By the way, this Bottle appears to be based on the Ocarina of Time version rather than TP.
View attachment 8748

I predict a 95% chance no one cares, but still.

edit: Looking at the Skyward Sword model, it's clearly based on that game.
Fi'd

On a related note:
I've been trying to tell people it's a generic fairy from SS, yet everybody is claiming it's Navi or Tatl...
Well heeeere's Navi:

Anyways, I also came to the same conclusion on the bottle design being from SS.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
A bottled fairy from the Zelda series... Interesting. Wonder how it will exactly work, but judging by their functioning in the Zelda series, it will probably heal once the % hits a certain value.

andimidna

Smash Master
Yeah, I was actually to going to point that out, but I didn't want to edit the post again. The main thing is that they didn't use the TP design.
Hopefully this carries over to the Heart Container. Skyward Sword's Heart Container looks awesome.

I like both equally, so I'm fine either way as long as it returns.

A bottled fairy from the Zelda series... Interesting. Wonder how it will exactly work, but judging by their functioning in the Zelda series, it will probably heal once the % hits a certain value.
I didn;t even think about it like that, I just assumed, since you can always use one right away in the Zelda series, it would heal you right away, but if it waited until you reached 100% and healed you fully, it would be a much more unique item actually worth adding. Hm... I like the idea of it staying by your side until you reach a certain percent, I hope that's what happens.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Yeah! Fairy in a Bottle item is SO GOOD! I thought I wanted a Navi Assist Trophy, but this is also cool :)

I really hope there is a unique mechanic. I think it should be the option to either heal yourself right away, or save it and be resurrected right after losing a stock. Either that, or having the bottle be breakable so if you're not careful, the fairy may get away. I also hope for the N64 style fairy-in-a-bottle noises!

THIS ALSO GAVE ME A GREAT IDEA- (Now I'm just dreaming)- Making "bottles" a Zelda-themed pokeball-type item- Link's bottles appear with varying things inside. The bottles' contents would range from spring water, to Lon Lon Milk, to a Fairy, a Poe, blue fire, a fish, a golden bug, red/ green/ blue potions, chu jelly, etc.

I'd like to see diversity in items, but honestly Zelda has not been over-represented. The Zelda series is full of item-heavy games so I'm frankly shocked there hasn't been more items from Zelda in Smash Bros.
They could go pretty far with this. Stamina potion could make you run and attack faster. Rare Chu Jelly and Great Fairy's Tears could replenish all of your percentage and give you 2x the strength until you get hit. Heart Potion could heal 8% and be lame. Water could do nothing. Green Chu Chu Jelly could add power to all magic-based powers of the use. Purple Chu Jelly could either lower or rise your percentage 25%, or it can move it to 0% and 999%. Risk vs reward.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I was thinking, what if this item had a strange risk involved. Say one player opens it and uses it, what if while the fairy was spinning around the player that used it, the other players could touch them and gain some of that heal as well with the fairy then flying onto them? It would make it very risky to use, or at least make it so you would want to keep your distance from others once youve gotten it. Of course that seems a bit annoying in hindsight but it could make it less desirable because the risk that could come from it, but I think that could balance it out a bit if it appeared too often.

Last edited:

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
at least it's something, hoping for a new at soon or a better look at the kid icurus stage

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Fi'd

On a related note:
I've been trying to tell people it's a generic fairy from SS, yet everybody is claiming it's Navi or Tatl...
Well heeeere's Navi:

Wait, it was showed before? Lol. I wonder how many things were already shown but we didn't notice.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Fi'd

On a related note:
Well heeeere's Navi:

The generic fairy looks almost the same as Navi and Talt, it is hard to blame people for confusing them.

Anyway, they screwed up Link's face so badly in this game. He looks horrendous. :laugh:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Pic of the day.Fairy in a bottle instead of heart container now? also no little mac is a big suprise.
a special item that can even heal fighters who have accumulated over 100% damage. Hmmmm...

on a completely unrelated note, Sakurai's japanese account has broken 10k followers. Sakurai's English account sits at a comfortable 50k, however.
That pic of the day is fairy nice. It's nice to know Sakurai is shaking things up. Boy a lot of Zelda items are being shown though. I wonder if it means anything.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
That pic of the day is fairy nice. It's nice to know Sakurai is shaking things up. Boy a lot of Zelda items are being shown though. I wonder if it means anything.
I hope it isn't making up for a lack of something else...

I WANT MORE POKEBALLS GOD DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's a lot of periods. I agree, we should see more Poke Ball Pokemon. The only one we've seen so far is Palkia, I believe.
If Xerneas not being directly confirmed doesn't count.

Last edited:

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
Just a thought but maybe the fairy item works by having the player smash the bottle and the fairy starts moving around the stage untill someone gets it. Anyway the new item looks nice but I really hope it dosn't replace the heart container (I really want the Skyward Sword designed ones).

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Actually, the Fairy in that Link Picture is part of Link's Taunt, and not the Fairy item. ^^
Pretty sure that was exactly the point. The fairy in Link's taunt is probably Navi. The fairy in the bottle is noticeably different.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Pretty sure that was exactly the point. The fairy in Link's taunt is probably Navi. The fairy in the bottle is noticeably different.
I thought that Vintage Creepe thought that was the fairy bottle, so I just explained that it wasn't. ._.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
I thought that Vintage Creepe thought that was the fairy bottle, so I just explained that it wasn't. ._.
Oooooh I see what you were referring to now. You're probably right. Unless he was referring to us having seen the taunt before.

Last edited:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
In Link Between Worlds, fairies only healed 5 hearts. I wonder how much the item will heal.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
Updated! I wonder if this affects the Heart Container's chances. It's seems pretty redundant to have both when they do the exact same thing.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Oooooh I see what you were referring to now. You're probably right. Unless he was referring to us having seen the taunt before.
Now I'm not sure at all. D: Either way, thank you~

@ PlayerOneTyler PlayerOneTyler
Well, we don't know exactly what the Fairy does yet. It may heal more, but it's in a bottle, so there should be something more to it, I Believe. Though, reviving you if you get KO'ed might be slightly too OP. ^^

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
@ PlayerOneTyler PlayerOneTyler
Well, we don't know exactly what the Fairy does yet. It may heal more, but it's in a bottle, so there should be something more to it, I Believe. Though, reviving you if you get KO'ed might be slightly too OP. ^^
"This is a special item that can even heal fighters who have accumulated over 100% damage."

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
"This is a special item that can even heal fighters who have accumulated over 100% damage."
I know that, I meant we don't know how yet. ^^ Like, do you just have to pick it up, like Heart Containers? Or do a special animation to open it, making you volnurable? Or maybe throw it to get it upen? Etc etc. The healing thing is obvious~

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
That right there says it's different from the heart container. The heart container (in Brawl anyway) can't heal over 100%, it can only heal up to 100%, so the fairy heals more. Which makes it at least as different from the heart container as the Maximum Tomato is(in that it heals a different amount of health).

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Thus marking the 4th item that Link would typically be found carrying at all times.

Seriously, how much more of Link's junk is gonna be converted into an item?

What's next? The Medallions from A Link to the Past?

...Actually, that would be epic.
Raft and ladder confirmed!

Zelda's never had that many items in Smash to begin with so it's nice it's getting a little more attention. Up until now, they only added one Zelda item per game so it could stand to have a few new additions.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I think Sakurai is referencing what Bowser did in 3D World with today's screenshot.

Anyway, the Maxim Tomato heals up to 50 damage, while the Heart Container heals up to 100 damage. The Fairy could possibly fully heal the player, but I do recall that the Fairies from Twilight Princess only healed up to 8 of Link's hearts.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I think Sakurai is referencing what Bowser did in 3D World with today's screenshot.

Anyway, the Maxim Tomato heals up to 50 damage, while the Heart Container heals up to 100 damage. The Fairy could possibly fully heal the player, but I do recall that the Fairies from Twilight Princess only healed up to 8 of Link's hearts.
Pssssssshhhhhh Sakurai doesn't care about that, it will fully heal I think.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Actually, the Fairy in that Link Picture is part of Link's Taunt, and not the Fairy item. ^^
Yep, got confused.

Updated! I wonder if this affects the Heart Container's chances. It's seems pretty redundant to have both when they do the exact same thing.
Wait, maybe this means that the long awaited Heart Container will finally be playable!

Staarih

Smash Master
I can't get over how awesome Bowser looks in Smash 4! In Brawl he was a bit too... realistic and rough to my taste, but now he looks more vibrant and lively, a bit more "cartoonish", which I think works considering his scary-but-still-not-so-scary vibe in the Mario games. Bowser (and Peach) really took my attention in this picture of the day instead of the item haha (which is cool though).

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Yep, got confused.

Wait, maybe this means that the long awaited Heart Container will finally be playable!
Oh, so I WAS right? About time. :D

@ Staarih Staarih
Agreed. I just hope he actually sounds like Bowser this time. His realistic sounds are cool, but I want his more recent, cartoony voice. Also, I love those textures on Bowser here. And, like Mario_X_Sonic_Guy said, totally a 3D World reference. Gotta love it.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Wait, is the Fairy Bottle replacing the Heart Container? I love the new item... it just sounds a bit harsh to loose a N64 item.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Seems like it's just a step above the Heart Container. Not sure if we needed that kind of item since it's rare that the Heart Container doesn't do the job, but here it is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom