• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
I wanna believe that's Temple, but compared to previous past stages in Wii U so far, it actually looks like the textures are immensely enhanced, something Castle Siege and Halberd don't really do
Those two dont need it. Remember, they are Brawl stages, they are by nature much better looking than the Melee stages like Temple, which would need a teensy clean-up job to look good in HD.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
That Umbrella is very Kirby like. Almost like the Parasol from Melee.

This would make sense, seeing as Kirby is the one in the Pic.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Having Temple revamped is one of the things I wanted the most, even with that little preview we can see better light effects and more detalied ground, I can't wait to bounce against the walls of "The Fight Club" in HD

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx

Yep, that's Temple. No doubt about it.
Anyone else notice it looks visually overhauled and updated? Look at the terrain below Charizard's flames. The earth is cracked and it looks like there's actual vines growing below the percentage icon.

SO PUMPED! FAVORITE STAGE SINCE I WAS 9 IS BACK IN!!!!!

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Is it Temple 2?

I could swear it's not the original, but has its feel.

Btw, stage in SD pic?

Also, "you can't comment on this post"

First, that reminds me of "Can't flee this fight" lol.

Second, what the?

direct?

oh oh...

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Also, "you can't comment on this post"

First, that reminds me of "Can't flee this fight" lol.

Second, what the?

direct?

oh oh...
I was thinking this too. We can't comment on the picture yet, and the site hasn't updated. I mean, a Direct announcement HAS to only be a few days a way.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
So what all is confirmed by this picture? There are some stages I can't make out.

Obviously Temple is back in all its glorious revamped HD goodness. If there's a Omega Version I'm gonna cry.

Wii Golf/Sports stage from the looks of it. Also what's the stage with Dedede & Diddy Kong?

EDIT!

ALSO, 30 DAYS LEFT GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I was thinking this too. We can't comment on the picture yet, and the site hasn't updated. I mean, a Direct announcement HAS to only be a few days a way.
And we can't flee this hype :)

Except villager, not excited, just being
not
but JUST

Btw, can't flee this fight is a TTYD reference....I mean I always get pumped when I read it.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Temple? Oh please WiiU version, we ****ing get it, you're the best one
stop it now jeez
you're beating a dead horse
my God stop

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
I've been doing research, and...

upload_2014-10-20_3-9-35.png

That's also Wii Sport Resort, Wuhu Island is getting tons of representation.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
gonna say this now the pic with yoshi and fox is our windwaker stage it has the windwaker smoke and everything

Last edited:

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
That island appears in the Pilotwings stage. For the purpose of constructing these pictures, it probably wouldn't have been hard to hack these characters standing on the background island. That's not to say it's impossible that this is a new stage, but it's hardly confirmed. Likewise, what is that stage behind Fox? Gaur Plains with a silly graphic edited over it to look like a pit?

On the other hand, that's definitely Temple. I was pretty sure it was coming back based on the 3DS soundtrack, but this makes it official. Likewise, Rainbow Cruise had its background music as an extra track in Smash Run that didn't otherwise play on any stage; I have a strong feeling we'll be seeing it on Wii U at some point as well.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
gonna say this now the pic with yoshi and fox is our windwaker stage it has the windwaker smoke and everything
oh...

Now, this is something I could hype if you're right because I loved wind waker for its design (maybe shader was decreasing it a bit, but it kept the bright colors and the amount of bright green, my favourite color).

Like I said, "Can't flee this hype" :)

Question tough:

What location it would be?

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
oh...

Now, this is something I could hype if you're right because I loved wind waker for its design (maybe shader was decreasing it a bit, but it kept the bright colors and the amount of bright green, my favourite color).

Like I said, "Can't flee this hype" :)

Question tough:

What location it would be?
well my best guess would be dragon roost but thats probobly not it

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
The Kirby and Wii Fit Trainer ones are pretty obviously clip-art not following in-game rules (characters/items being on different planes). Even the Villager one looks impossible to do in game. Plus all of them are embezzled with effects to make things look snazzy.

Wasn't a fan of Temple, but I expected it since the theme shows up in Smash 3DS. Unfortunately also assuming Rumble Falls is returning.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Fox/Yoshi pic is Gaur Plain

VERY happy to see Temple Return. Especially if that 8-player Smash thing is true.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Actually I think it may be The Great Cave Offensive stage, the walls look the exact same as the ones when Kirby falls down the hole at the start of TGCO.
just did a comparison...no no it does not it looks like the windwaker smoke from toon links bombs

okay so apparenly i saw a diffrent oppening to the great cave offensive...damn you super star ultra!

Last edited:

Clint Jaguar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClintJaguar
Are we really just going to get all the Melee stages that appeared in Brawl again? I was kind of hoping for Fountain of Dreams and Fourside to appear.

D

Deleted member

just did a comparison...no no it does not it looks like the windwaker smoke from toon links bombs
Can't be, it's a different pattern and not as colorful as the WW explosions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow
Are we really just going to get all the Melee stages that appeared in Brawl again? I was kind of hoping for Fountain of Dreams and Fourside to appear.
Isn't the reason why Fountain of Dreams wasn't in Brawl was because it had this different lighting effect? Same for Termina Bay?

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
Unless Sakurai decides to blow our minds with Brinstar Depths, all we've had so far are stages returning from Brawl.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
ya i only saw the super star ultra version of the opening (which was in 3d and changed what the walls looked like)

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Sakurai said that it's hard to port things from Melee, it's the reason why Mewtwo is still missing. Too lazy to remake it from the start. I understand stages with a completely different layout like Termina Bay but Fountain of Dreams is basically Battlefield... It's not going to happen anyway, maybe DLC.

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
I think that it was something to do with how it's much easier to recreate a stage from Brawl because Brawl is newer, which really sucks because I want Fourside and Brinstar Depths back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom