• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Sakurai: "I'm dancing! I'm daaaaaaancing!"

Gosh this game looks beautiful though. And that's totally Great Cave Offensive. Another scrolling stage or massive Palutena's Temple?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Are we really just going to get all the Melee stages that appeared in Brawl again? I was kind of hoping for Fountain of Dreams and Fourside to appear.
Sakurai imported Brawl data in the 3DS version, and likely did the same in the Wii U version, so... very likely. DLC might subvert this, though.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I think that it was something to do with how it's much easier to recreate a stage from Brawl because Brawl is newer, which really sucks because I want Fourside and Brinstar Depths back.
Files can be directly imported from Brawl; the past stages are just touched up Brawl stages. Returning a Melee stage that was not in Brawl requires rebuilding it from scratch which is not less work than making a completely original stage, and since past stages are mostly in these games to bulk up the stage list while saving development effort, it wouldn't make sense to do such a thing.

D

Deleted member

The site still hasn't updated, for me at least.
20 bucks says we're getting 2 more secret characters.

Clint Jaguar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClintJaguar
Sakurai said that it's hard to port things from Melee, it's the reason why Mewtwo is still missing. Too lazy to remake it from the start. I understand stages with a completely different layout like Termina Bay but Fountain of Dreams is basically Battlefield... It's not going to happen anyway, maybe DLC.
That sucks. Fountain of Dreams is one of my favourite Melee stages so I was hoping to see it remade in HD. Yeah the layout is the same at Battlefield but the moving platforms allow for a much different experience.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
That's a lot of pictures, and that's great.

Sigh... I wished they got rid of Temple though. I can't go through that noobish basic brawl routine again, even though I know we can't choose stages this time, but still, can't we give that stage a break already? *shivers*

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
That's a lot of pictures, and that's great.

Sigh... I wished they got rid of Temple though. I can't go through that noobish basic brawl routine again, even though I know we can't choose stages this time, but still, can't we give that stage a break already? *shivers*
The Temple stage is legendary. Whether that's good or bad is up to interpretation but it's still legendary. I hope we'll get an Omega Version too.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Well, on the plus side, even though temple is back, the stages in For Fun are random so it's not like it is going be picked constantly like it was in brawl online...

...Though when it IS picked...*Shudders*

Still, being given a slight glimpse of great offensive and knowing these rules are available from the beginning is nice.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I'll make peace with it based on that alone.

Really do hope more than 2 songs play on it this time, though. I'd play on it all the time if the new version of Dark World/Dungeon theme was available on it.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Can someone please tell me where this Temple stage is being shown. I see Battlefield if that's the picture I think people are talking about. :ohwell:

{edit} Nevermind, I was looking at the Mario picture. The Hyrule Temple picture I thought was the new Pokemon stage as I saw mosaic in the background.

{edit 2} oh and I'm happy it's back. It's classic and fun. Palutena's Temple could make up for its loss, but I'm also glad it returned because it's a drastically different size, too. Based Sak.

Last edited:

Doc.Pringles

Smash Cadet
So if the Yoshi pic is Great Cave Offensive, then the 'mountain ' in the backgrounds must be..

Smash Tower lives again! ::ducks::

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
That sucks. Fountain of Dreams is one of my favourite Melee stages so I was hoping to see it remade in HD. Yeah the layout is the same at Battlefield but the moving platforms allow for a much different experience.
I think that the only hope to see things that appeared only before Brawl is via DLC.
Mewtwo as the playable character, and all the N64/Melee stages that didn't appear in Brawl.
Or, hopefully, the Stage Editor this time around is ****ing massive and will at least be able to create the more simple stages, but I doubt it. No way we'll have so many textures to work with

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
While it's nice that we get to see the rule options for the Wii U version, the real question should be if Special Smash will be available. In Smash 3DS, Special Smash was never an option, as that feature was only exclusive to Smash Run's final events.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
So if the Yoshi pic is Great Cave Offensive, then the 'mountain ' in the backgrounds must be..

Smash Tower lives again! ::ducks::
There were mountains in the opening of GCO, and that part of the stage is from the opening...

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Dammit I work on Thursday. And I get out at 3! I'll be missing out on like the first 10 minutes of the Direct on my way home.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

Oh yeah, my three main guys are all together in one nice screenshot. Now in HD!

Once I get my stuff working again, I'll probably put this into my sig or something.

Thanks btw.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The legendary Temple returns and in glorious HD. How can anyone not like this absolutely epic stage?

It will suck as a potential choice for Zelda themed Multi-Man teams in Classic mode, though. Same goes for the Kid Icarus series with Palutena's Temple.

Dragonogon

Smash Cadet
Since the direct is a live stream, I actually hope that they will also put it up as a regular video after wards, because of people who didn't get a chance to see it.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
That means theater because according to google, it means spectacular :)

Like, TTYD theater has spectacular stuff made to entertain you know? :troll"
Paper Mario confirmed.

Any guesses on tonight's picture? I'm thinking a stage just to hype up the direct. Probably temple, since its the most obvious of the stages from the 3 shown in last night's pic

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
Paper Mario confirmed.

Any guesses on tonight's picture? I'm thinking a stage just to hype up the direct. Probably temple, since its the most obvious of the stages from the 3 shown in last night's pic
I really don't know, but probably some sort of menu would be a pretty safe bet.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Paper Mario confirmed.

Since a stage seems direct material...

I think he will show new, but not mind blowing stuff.

Like interesting menu, awesome menu, splendid menu and even his child,
menu.

:troll:

Btw, it's likely, but far from bad. That or trophies and music or maybe assist, but not big stuff like orders. Only if said big things is a tease for the direct like the orders...

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Sooo...if the pattern keeps going we'd be getting two 'secret' characters today, right?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Remember this topic is for Miiverse/Pic of the Day related content specifically. Unless the PotD goes in depth about the Direct (usually only does when it first gets announced + the day before to hype it up), please take all further discussion to the Direct/Social threads.

Same goes for those new screenshots, as neat as they may be.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
So quiet... well, uh... maybe we get a stage, menu, or some trophy and then get Game&Watch and Jiggly on the site while trailers for DHD and Bowz Jr are saved for the 50 Fact thing? Hmm... wouldnt really be a new fact or anything though. Well I guess if we keep going in order we get G&W and Jr? Might be good to show off Jr now so you can show off all the Kooplaings in 8 Player smash for the 50 Fact event~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom