• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
This stage was pretty good so I'm glad to see it back. :D

With this update, it is reassuring to know that Kirby has a chance of not just being Halberd. Really hope for a new stage with wonderful music based on the newer games.

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
If sakurai's is going to continue to force us to use the fludd on mario, Delfino NEEDS to come back.

I'm also really hoping for foutain of dreams personall..but most of all I just hope this is the start of the POTD generating some wii u hype. I haven't been hyped for the 3ds version for awhile now.
My main reason is because of Bowser Jr. that Delfino Plaza needs to come back, but sure...F.L.U.D.D.

Last edited:

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
My favourite stage will 100% not return, so I am really indifferent on returning stages anyway. (Shadow Moses Island btw)

Maybe Sakurai will bring back Fountain of Dreams from Melee? I bet it would look amazing in HD!

Staarih

Smash Master
Cool to see Castle Siege return, even if it wasn't my favourite stage.

I hope we do see a new stage for each franchise. I definitely see Kirby getting a new one taking it to a similar position as FE is now (one new + one old).

Kid Icarus will probably have two new ones though as Skyworld is outdated now after Uprising (and bias).

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
I really want to see a Melee only stage return. Kongo Jungle, Princess Peach's Castle, and Great Bay would be great.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I wouldn't be surprised if Skyworld from Brawl also returned.

But if it doesn't, at least its music could go on Palutena's Temple, considering the stage pretty much Skyworld XL.

Donalp15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Donalp15
I haven't played the 3DS version yet, but the thing that disappointed me was most characters got a stage from an older game. This helps me feel better it will not be the same on the Wii U version, maybe R.O.B. and duck hunt can even get one.
:160:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Fire Emblem is getting a lot of love this time. Really happy to see this stage return. Lots of FE music incoming then. Hell yes!

Now to hope for other franchises to get the same treatment.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Fire Emblem is getting a lot of love this time. Really happy to see this stage return. Lots of FE music incoming then. Hell yes!
Assuming Castle Siege keeps the music selection from Brawl thanks to My Music, we can expect a whole bunch of new songs for the Coliseum stage.

Id (Purpose) will likely play on Coliseum. The Devoted is confirmed on the Coliseum too. I'd also like to hear a new version of the Fire Emblem theme.

The two other FE songs on the 3DS version (Fire Emblem (Melee) and With Mila's Divine Protection) will very likely stay on Castle Siege.

Should Castle Siege keep the same song selection from Brawl, it's interesting that Eternal Bond (AKA Ike's Theme) and The Devoted (the battle theme for the Greil Mercenaries in Radiant Dawn) are on separate stages.

I also would really like to hear the full version of Id (Purpose) on the Wii U instead of the shortened one on the 3DS game. I can understand why they cut the song: likely memory issues, but the Wii U version has no excuse.

Now to hope for other franchises to get the same treatment.
Kid Icarus--oh wait. :troll:

Anyway, I think the stage selection on the Wii U version will be bigger and more diverse. The 3DS version has 34 stages (I think), which is between Melee and Brawl's numbers (29 and 41, respectively), so I could see the Wii U version surpassing 50 stages.

I can see some past stages on the 3DS version appearing on the Wii U version as well.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I didn't mind Castle Seige, but it wasn't my favorite level either. Hopefully the middle section will be less of a nuisance this time around though.

While I don't mind a handful of retro stages, I do hope they're a smaller portion of the Wii U's stage list than they were on 3DS.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
My favorite Brawl stage is back so I'm pretty happy and with an Omega form this time around I'll actually get to play on it in tournaments. I'm glad Sakurai didn't decided to hold off until late October to actually show more Wii U stuff.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
"Don't expect anything new in the next few days."
*Starts posting stuff that is actually interesting*
This is why I stopped trying to predict this stuff a long time ago. There a madness to Sakurai's mindset that cannot seem to be logically read.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I love the new textures and improved Lightning, I must say.

Come on, Sakurai, announce Event Matches on Monday!

Duskinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yoshibrothers505
While I don't mind a handful of retro stages, I do hope they're a smaller portion of the Wii U's stage list than they were on 3DS.
I wouldn't count on it. Infact, I would expect more retro stages to come out of this version.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I agree, he wanted them back, but at this point seems unlikely, but with the New 3DS coming with better Hardware they may get a DLC on the future along with the Wii U version.
Spoiler Alert: He's not. They're cut. But I've been dancing this dance all week so I won't harp on it anymore. (At least not right now...)
It would be nice, obviously, but I wouldn't expect Sakurai to alienate a segment of the Smash 4 consumer base through character-system favouritism.

For while the Wii U would gain the advantage with extra characters (even if only with the ICs), the 3DS users are disadvantaged. It wouldn't bode well if the 3DS users start crying foul as a result. I suppose this could also apply should a revised edition come out on the New 3DS system line in a year or two. In fact, that might be a good strategy; giving incentive to get the Wii U or New 3DS versions, phasing out the old 3DS version with less characters.

I suppose we'll see. But it seems to me that the fact Sakurai committed to shared rosters was precisely because the 3DS was the less powerful system, so they had to use that as the common denominator.

Yikes, I've never had hope crushed quite like this XD Or maybe I have from a few pic of the days or something, but alright, my original thinking was that down the line they'd give up having the 3DS version holding the game back and the Wii U would get more cool DLC. After reading the article I read and Sakurai's plans, now I just think it's a bit sooner. But that's all the evidence I've got so no point arguing anymore, I guess we'll see.

Oh, and yeah, Castle Seige is still neat. I'd like to see that HD hell cave phase.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well atleast its a update

A returning stage for the wii u version

Well wii u pictures ocastionally before the 4th of october but atleast its new

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I MEANT TO PUT :4wario2:!!!!!!!
:( Im sorry I betrayed you big guy. I should support any kind of fitness character
Tis alright my friend. All is forgiven. ¦(

I, too, wish for another Wario stage. ¦<

But as a Sonic fan, I'd really love a new and actually interesting stage that isn't another Green Hill clone. Especially one that isn't Wndy Hill. God, I hate Lost World so much. >_>

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
The blurry stage textures make the characters look amazing.
I really liked the design of this stage, you actually fought on the castle.
It stood out compared to the many stages that just had platforms floating in the air for no reason.
Oh, and breaking those statue guys was always fun.
Unfortunately, it had that dumb form changing gimmick with walk off edges during the second form.

I'm hoping that Temple and Pirate Ship return.

Last edited:

Jords2Good

Smash Journeyman
If there were stages I would love to see return is norfair because that stage would look nice in HD and the hazards were pretty fun.

This stage though is okay. I don't mind it.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
"Pic of the day won't focus on introducing new information anymore in the near future"

*reveals new stage three days later*

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Tis alright my friend. All is forgiven. ¦(

I, too, wish for another Wario stage. ¦<

But as a Sonic fan, I'd really love a new and actually interesting stage that isn't another Green Hill clone. Especially one that isn't Wndy Hill. God, I hate Lost World so much. >_>
Inb4 we get a Planet Wisp stage that's as bad as both levels in Generations. :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom